CFZ Every Leupke snap vs. Jets

dogberry

Reaction score
Jim Brown and Jim Taylor both played as fullbacks.

Don Perkins is a fullback in 1964.

Last edited:

Gambit

Reaction score
Its funny that two UDFA's (Leupke and Bass) are the primary rookie contributors at this point. I still have long term hopes for Richards, Overshown, Schoon and Mazi but they might be year 2 guys like Tolbert appears to be.
Richards will only play if Tyron is hurt or mop up duty

Overshown is out for year

Schoonmaker has had some good blocks and scored a TD

Mazi is doing just fine for a rookie DT playing rotation

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to seeing Luepke get more snaps than what we've seen thus far. Whatever he does, when called upon, seems to be working. He might turn out to be just what we needed in a power back to replace what we had in Zeke and maybe get more. He's young and getting better with each play, whenever he's called upon! This offense could easily prosper to make the most out of a power RB like him, imho.

Last edited:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Drive 1,
-Very nice lead block on play 2, assisting productive Pollard run​
-Goal line play. Ran right into Steele's back. No contribution​
Drive 3
-Smacked a Jets linebacker, but didn't sustain his block. Same Jet LB made the tackle.​
-Nice block, seemed to help Pollard gain a few additional yards.​
Drive 4
-Hit a Jet defender but no benefit on play​
-Was out in the route in the flats. Drew no defenders and was wide open. Dak tossed to Gallup, incomplete. Could have been a nice Leupke moment, had Dak checked down.​
-Goal line play. Released to flat. Dak looked first his direction. Covered. TD pass to Schoon.​
-X-tra point lead blocker for Pollard. Seemed to hit a target, but unclear it impacted play.​
Drive 5
-Goal line lead blocker. No real block made.​
Drive 7
-Hit a guy, but not relevant to play.​
-Nice seal block, though it didn't impact play​
-Great block for Dowdle on flat screen-lite. Productive play.​
Drive 10
-Hit a Jet. No impact on play. Jets were playing run all the way. No chance to really contribute.​
Drive 12
-Victory formation-protection for Dak's kneel​
-Victory formation-protection for another Dak kneel​
-Victory formation-protection for another Dak kneel​
Very nice post,,, Luepke was a steal, and a perfect fit, this kids ceiling is high in MMs scheme with Luepke's talent and skillset.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to seeing Luepke get more snaps than what we've seen thus far. Whatever he does, when called upon, seems to be working. He might turn out to be just what we needed in a power back to replace what we had in Zeke and maybe get more. He's young and getting better with each play, whenever he's called upon! This offense could easily prosper to make the most out of a power RB like him, imho.
Short yardage with hands will go a long way.

T-RO

Reaction score
He might turn out to be just what we needed in a power back to replace what we had in Zeke and perhaps get more.
I think a lot of fans here would like to see that. I'm very dubious that ever happens, but we'll see.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
He's was a tailback and H back in high school and college. He's just big and white, so they call him a fullback, but he wasn't blocking for tailbacks.
He has the size to handle what MM is looking for, will be a slow implantation process for Luepke but he at least fits the profile of what this offense needs there.
Don't know about you, but I wouldn't feel as comfortable without at least 1 large option, we have that in spades with Luepke.
Kid is going to get his opportunity without a doubt, let us all be a bit patient and enjoy watching his involvement increase in time.
Really good player here.