Everybody needs to calm down...

thssanders

Reaction score
We always suck in the preseason. Now I didn't watch the game (live in Indy), but from reports that I have read, we didn't show any of the things we would use in a real game. From the sound of it, our defense played a soft zone all night, and we all know that is not what we will do in the regular season. We have 2 great corners, and a good third one as well. Our defense will be just fine if we actually game plan and play tight man on the receivers.

As for the offense, it sound like we just got our *** handed to us, at least when the starters were in. But our o-line has to be better than what they showed. I mean look at the players we have... flozell, allen, rivera, and johnson should be decent. But the right tackle spot sucks. I would probably play vollers there because at least he is consistent. Last year he did a good job at times. Rogers will forever be on the injury list. And Pettiti, well u can't expect much out of him. 6th round lineman don't usually come into the league and become instant starters.

Parcells needs to put who he thinks will start the regular season in. I hate how he justs puts people in there, even when he knows they will not start the regular season, like pettiti. I wish he would put both starting units, offense and defense, together at the start of the game. Let them develop chemistry together. Especially when they were back at camp, he would never put the best guys on the field at the same time. How do he expect them to improve if there not on the field with the guys they will be playing along side all year?

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
thssanders said:
I would probably play vollers there because at least he is consistent.

Just because someone is consistant at sucking doesn't mean we should play them.:p:

thssanders

Reaction score
Was vollers bad last night?

And that td was a fluke. For as little as we got after the QB, it's pretty good considering we should have only given up 9 points.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Royal, you got there first!!!
chemistry is not something that BP is concerned with right now- he is evaluating players one by one. You put them on an island- then throw them in the deep lagoon and see if they drown. Tucker sure did; Peterman is barely afloat.

scottsp

Reaction score
The volleying battle between threads of the "whoa is me" and "calm down" variety are certainly running rampant today. While I'm not ready to feel oh so great about an exhibition that has about as much significance as a Norsian rant, I was left feeling less than giddy about the offensive line play.

I guess I'm somewhere in between. That means this week will drag along while I eagerly anticipate the next opportunity to see how this team is coming along. So, for me, the sky isn't necessarily falling, but it isn't without a storm cloud or two either.

We should expect better next time out.

thssanders

Reaction score
I agree. Next week i expect better, especially from our offense. I actually don't see how they could be any worse.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
thssanders said:
Was vollers bad last night?

And that td was a fluke. For as little as we got after the QB, it's pretty good considering we should have only given up 9 points.

No worse than the other tackles. :lmao:

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Crown Royal said:
Just because someone is consistant at sucking doesn't mean we should play them.:p:
Vollers seemed pretty solid last night to me. He is probably not going to any Pro-Bowls but the defenders are not going to make a living having to beat him consistently either. That is more than I can say for some of the guys i saw last night.

However, I think we are going to see Pettiti be the starter at RT. He played pretty well last night IMO. He had only had a few practices at RT before going in last night and he didn't make too many rookie mistakes. He certainly showed something to build on.

Poor Tucker, I so wanted him to develop into a player but last night he just floundered and went under. No chance left for him I'm afraid.

And Rogers...What is up with this guy? Is he really injured or did he just wuss-out over a little twinge? Either way I think he lost his shot to start...even moreso if he wussed out than if he was really injured. But if he is injured for real then it will give Pettiti more reps and a better chance to catch and surpass him.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
JackMagist said:
Vollers seemed pretty solid last night to me. He is probably not going to any Pro-Bowls but the defenders are not going to make a living having to beat him consistently either. That is more than I can say for some of the guys i saw last night.

However, I think we are going to see Pettiti be the starter at RT. He played pretty well last night IMO. He had only had a few practices at RT before going in last night and he didn't make too many rookie mistakes. He certainly showed something to build on.

Poor Tucker, I so wanted him to develop into a player but last night he just floundered and went under. No chance left for him I'm afraid.

And Rogers...What is up with this guy? Is he really injured or did he just wuss-out over a little twinge? Either way I think he lost his shot to start...even moreso if he wussed out than if he was really injured. But if he is injured for real then it will give Pettiti more reps and a better chance to catch and surpass him.

I totally agree word for word. Nice! :D

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Crown Royal said:

Sadly Vollers is probably the best of a sorry lot. Tucker should be gone, Petitti is not ready.