Everybody Should Be Happy! Eagles Game is a Win-Win

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
No matter the outcome, there will be something to celebrate:flagwave:

If we beat the Eagles, then we clinch the NFC East Division Crown and Host a Playoff Game.

If we lose to the Eagles, we lose division in all likelihood and miss playoffs, but Clappy gets fired.

So you see fellas, everybody should be happy this week because we literally cant lose, win-win:yourock:

Flamma

Reaction score
An interesting dilemma arises for most fans if Dallas beats the eagles. We'll always have a scant few knuckle draggers that still support Garrett.

What's Garrett's fate if Dallas wins the wildcard round?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
An interesting dilemma arises for most fans if Dallas beats the eagles. We'll always have a scant few knuckle draggers that still support Garrett.

That's a very good point my friend, assume we beat the Eagles...………...then, if we beat Seattle or San Fran in the Wildcard round and then lose a close game in the Division round, lets say at New Orleans and we lose 27-24.

Is Garrett still fired? Or will Jerry say "Look, we were 3 points away from going to the NFC Title Game, now is not the time to make a change".

What will Jerry do?

Flamma

Reaction score
That's a very good point my friend, assume we beat the Eagles...………...then, if we beat Seattle or San Fran in the Wildcard round and then lose a close game in the Division round, lets say at New Orleans and we lose 27-24.

Is Garrett still fired? Or will Jerry say "Look, we were 3 points away from going to the NFC Title Game, now is not the time to make a change".

What will Jerry do?

Im thinking Jerry probably resigns him. Maybe for a shorter term. So for me at least, this will be the first year winning will come at a cost. Because I still can't root against them

Dracula

Reaction score
No way, in hell, is Jones gonna re-up Garrett, after another barely above or .500 subpar performing regular season. This season, Jones went all in, he's frustrated and angry, and he ain't getting any younger.
If the Cowboys win, they're in and then we will see how far they go but Garret is still gone. Even, if the Cowboys win the SB, Garrett is gone. That's a win/ win. If the Cowboys lose,Garrett is gone. That's a win, win, win.

There will be those, on this message board, with their expert opinion, that believes you can't fire a couch, who makes the playoffs or more. They are in for a big ego let down. That makes it a win, win, win, win.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score

If we beat the Eagles, then we clinch the NFC East Division Crown and Host a Playoff Game.

If we lose to the Eagles, we lose division in all likelihood and miss playoffs, but Clappy gets fired.

So you see fellas, everybody should be happy this week because we literally cant lose, win-win:yourock:

Now that is something everyone can agree with.

Well, mostly everyone.

birdwells1

Reaction score

If we win the division, Jerry should ask himself, I we were in any other division would this be considered a successful year?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Let's not take the Eagles for granted just because of their foot-dragging ways lately. They're planning on giving the best they've got when Dallas comes to their stomping grounds on Sunday. It'll be cold and plenty loud at their stadium -- with a hostile crowd that will challenge our players to maintain their sense of purpose. Perhaps some newfound confidence will stand them in good stead when they'll need it the most and rise to the occasion.

I'll be pulling for the Cowboys to dominate the Eagles for that particular contest, without a doubt. Here's hoping everyone around here feels the same. Let's all support our players as they should be supported for what lies ahead. They deserve it after what we've seen them do last week. As always, Jerry will do whatever he pleases after that. Let's just hope he and Stephen just find the wherewithal to do what's best for the team in the end. ;)

Last edited:

Froski

Reaction score
You know.... we dont have a good track record with the whole "win and you're in" scenarios. Its frustrating because we don't know what team we are going to get weekly. I want the team to win, but my optimism is shot at this point.

ksadler1

Reaction score
I'm just curious to see if this team can put 2 good games together in a row. Neither the players or Garrett have been able to do that when it really counts. If Jerry is being honest with himself, he's looking at the games this team has blown this year and thinking we should have already won this division. Regardless of what happens against the Eagles, Garrett needs to be gone. He's shown he just can't do it here...

Dracula

Reaction score
Well Drac u better get back in your coffin and get some sleep lol, cause
if JG gets to a SB much less win it , Jerry is keeping him.
Too much water under the JJ/JG bridge. Put yourself in JJ's shoes, after a decade of lackluster results, even if JG gets to a SB much less win it, would you keep him?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm just curious to see if this team can put 2 good games together in a row. Neither the players or Garrett have been able to do that when it really counts. If Jerry is being honest with himself, he's looking at the games this team has blown this year and thinking we should have already won this division. Regardless of what happens against the Eagles, Garrett needs to be gone. He's shown he just can't do it here...

I'm quite sure the majority of us here feel that way as well. If Jerry and son don't happen to agree after so much evidence points to changes being in order, it's simply a hopeless case to start with. Hopefully, that "forty-year-old brain" is functional enough to realize the truth. The facts have been presented and they should have been duly considered with something resembling realistic perceptions. Come what may, we'll see if that's the case, God help us all.

Last edited:

George

a legend in your own mind
Reaction score

Fans shouldn’t root for a loss to fire Garrett. Personally, I want a team that consistently strengthens over time....like we used to. Winning tough games after we lose easy games is about how this season unfolded. That should be reason enough to fire the coach or coaches.

Carter

Reaction score
Worst possible outcome:

Cowboys edge past the injury riddled Eagles, than get blown out at home against SEA/SF.

Jerry sees it as a "tremendous" effort after being 6-7 and that the process with JG is just underway and extends him for 3+ more years.

That would be nightmare. Im really not sure if i dont prefer losing out so we have a 90% Chance of JG being finally gone and start fresh next year instead of more Moral victories just to have no Chance in the Playoffs anyway.