Everyone else is doing it

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
I have critiqued a few of your mock drafts, so here is my attempt. This draft was a mixture of things that I think the Cowboys will do, and what I would do:

58: R2P26
S JUAN THORNHILL

90: R3P26
DL TRYSTEN HILL

128: R4P26
TE JOSH OLIVER

136: R4P34
RB TRAYVEON WILLIAMS

165: R5P27
CB JORDAN BROWN

241: R7P27
OT TREY PIPKINS

I think Thornhill starts day 1 and is a fundamental piece of the secondary for the next decade or so.

Hill and Oliver get some time in 2019 and start in 2020.

Williams is a solid backup for Zeke for the next four years.

Brown and Pipkins are small school projects that Brugler likes.
Brown is a big kid that can run, the only question is the size of the competition. Brugler rates him as a 3rd/4th round pick.
Pipkins is a big kid that can play LT. Brugler thinks is he also a 3rd/4th kid. If we can get him in the 7th, I would be pumped.
Both will need at least a year, but play positions where we can give them a year to develop.

Beaker42

Reaction score
I have critiqued a few of your mock drafts, so here is my attempt. This draft was a mixture of things that I think the Cowboys will do, and what I would do:

S JUAN THORNHILL

DL TRYSTEN HILL

TE JOSH OLIVER

RB TRAYVEON WILLIAMS

CB JORDAN BROWN

OT TREY PIPKINS

I think Thornhill starts day 1 and is a fundamental piece of the secondary for the next decade or so.

Brown is a big kid that can run, the only question is the size of the competition. Brugler rates him as a 3rd/4th round pick.
Pipkins is a big kid that can play LT. Brugler thinks is he also a 3rd/4th kid. If we can get him in the 7th, I would be pumped.
Both will need at least a year, but play positions where we can give them a year to develop.
This just in - Trysten Hill and Renell Wren are garbage. Not what we need. They are awful.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
This just in - Trysten Hill and Renell Wren are garbage. Not what we need. They are awful.

Why dont you like Hill? I think he is raw, but he has some elite traits.
Brugler really likes him, so that sold me on him.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score

S JUAN THORNHILL

DL TRYSTEN HILL

TE JOSH OLIVER

RB TRAYVEON WILLIAMS

CB JORDAN BROWN

OT TREY PIPKINS

So, why do you think 3rd and 4th Rd talents are going to be available in the 5th and 7th, especially at premier positions?

Carson

Reaction score
I like it.

The more I listen to the Dallas draft shows, hill seems like a lock at 90

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
So, why do you think 3rd and 4th Rd talents are going to be available in the 5th and 7th, especially at premier positions?

I don't necessarily think they will be, but they were there on the simulation, so I took them. Weirder things have happened, especially with small school kids.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Why dont you like Hill? I think he is raw, but he has some elite traits.
Brugler really likes him, so that sold me on him.
I have not seen one iota of evidence on any tape of Hill that leads me to believe he can be a force at this level. Saunders and Mack and Huggins? Yes. Hill or Wren? Hard pass.

cnuball21

Reaction score

S JUAN THORNHILL

DL TRYSTEN HILL

TE JOSH OLIVER

RB TRAYVEON WILLIAMS

CB JORDAN BROWN

OT TREY PIPKINS

Looks great outside it Hill. Have read he has character issues and isn’t a worker. Pass.

Bluefin

Reaction score
Looks great outside it Hill. Have read he has character issues and isn’t a worker. Pass.
He didn't get along with the new coaching staff at UCF last season following Scott Frost's departure, and only started one game as a senior.

Trystan Hill has athletic traits you'd like to bet on, but he wasn't very productive the last two seasons combined and I expect NFL caliber small school prospects to dominate in that setting.

He's late day three for me.