Everyone Glad We Didn't Get Merriman?...***SD-Pitt Game Thread*** (for the interested

2much2soon

Reaction score
He has 4 tackles and 0 sacks, total, so far. Not much talk about him lately. It will be interesting to see how he looks tonight.
Its still early but it would be an understatement to say that Ware was the smarter pick.
I just finished watching the game but it was amazing to see Ware repeatedly pushing Tra Thomas backward.

Eskimo

Reaction score
It's way too early to judge Merriman - had the holdout, then had the injury. We won't know for sure who got the better player for a couple of years.

I'm very happy with Ware, though.

jimmy40

Reaction score
2much2soon said:
He has 4 tackles and 0 sacks, total, so far. Not much talk about him lately. It will be interesting to see how he looks tonight.
Its still early but it would be an understatement to say that Ware was the smarter pick.
I just finished watching the game but it was amazing to see Ware repeatedly pushing Tra Thomas backward.
I'll admit I didn't even know who Ware was until Spags started talking about him but it's a little unfair to compare them when Merriman missed so much time and I don't think Merriman gets to rush the passer almost every play either.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Personally I like Ware for many reasons outside of football and I'm very happy he plays for Dallas. Having said that, I'd bet a lot of money Merriman's numbers would be better if he played for the Boys!

Ashwynn

Reaction score
Missing that time was just another sign of we got the better part of that trade. Hes already starting in a hoel, but he dug that hole cause he wanted more cash, more so then to start getting to know the team and its schemes and plays.

We got the better of that trade now and 5 years down the road. Even if they end up being totally even, we got a class person and a player with a high motor that wants to play. I would take Ware every time, no matter how many times we re-do that draft.

Dawgs0916

Will the Thrill
Reaction score
Lol im not so happy after seeing that sack/forced fumble on roethlesberger.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
And he just got a sack and a fumble...

Ashwynn

Reaction score
Never said he was not good, but we have good and classy. I would take that every time. Regardless of where Merriman ends up, Wares already and will always be a better man.

TheHustler

Reaction score
Lucky sack, he was completely unblocked. It would have been sad if he didn't make the play.

parchy

Reaction score
Probably would have been 20-30 yards from Big Ben, and it went right through his hands. Haha... oh Quincy... up to your old tricks I see.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Anyone just see him drop another big pass right in his hands.

Coulda put PIT in scoring position before the half.

ha ha ha

parchy

Reaction score
Just when I thought this week of football couldn't get ANY better...

:lmao: