Everyone Glad We Didn't Get Merriman?...***SD-Pitt Game Thread*** (for the interested

marchetta

Reaction score
He's making plays only because no one is guarding him. SD is lining him next to another blitzing defender, so the OL has to decide which to block. He's had 2 unmollested shots at the QB. Ware, on the other hand, has offensive coordinators scheming to account for him on every play. When was the last time you saw Ware have a clean unblocked shot at a QB? When Merriman has coordinators accounting for him, then you can make this comparison. Until then, Ware wins hands down all the way!

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
marchetta said:
I guess he's still suffering from that dominant hand issue.

And I admit I bought into those off-season fluff pieces on how Quincy was being "re-taught" how to catch the football. He has a "stone-hand issue" if you ask me.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Waffle said:
And I admit I bought into those off-season fluff pieces on how Quincy was being "re-taught" how to catch the football. He has a "stone-hand issue" if you ask me.

Actually Waffle that would be "stone chest" in his case.

Smith22

Reaction score
What a waste of speed. I thought he had a chance in big D, boy was I wrong.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Look..I am happy with Ware to be sure and would select him over Merriman all over again but this does not mean Merriman is bad...he was making plays tonight..I think Merriman will be a solid player...I think Ware will be a Star!! :)

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
and that bumbling lardarse Pastabelly was telling us all how the Steelers got the steal of the cutdown period by signing Morgan, and that the Cowboys made a mistake by getting rid of him

yeah, Pastastomach, we are really missing Morgan here :rolleyes:

David

The Curly One

Reaction score
Antonio Bryant make 2 touchdown catches on Sunday and we traded a useless Quincy Morgan for him. I like Parcells but he has made a few mistakes and trading AB for Quincy Morgan was one of the biggest mistakes. Curly

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
The Curly One said:
Antonio Bryant make 2 touchdown catches on Sunday and we traded a useless Quincy Morgan for him. I like Parcells but he has made a few mistakes and trading AB for Quincy Morgan was one of the biggest mistakes. Curly

Has anyone inside the organization ever leaked what kind of draft picks we were offered for AB or was Quincy Morgan the best we could get?

Hoffa

Benched
Reaction score
Ashwynn said:
Never said he was not good, but we have good and classy. I would take that every time. Regardless of where Merriman ends up, Wares already and will always be a better man.

huh? merriman held out so he's not a good man? i guess emmitt isn't either right, since he held out once too?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Calling Nors....please report for your beating and side of crow

Calling Nors....

:cool:

Merrimen held out all camp dude so calm down.

I am glad we got what appears to be a better guy and a better foootball player to be sure but 5 weeks into the rookie season is a bit early to assume someone is a bust. Troy Aikman was struggling like crazy as a rookie and losing starts to Steve Walsh.

notherbob

Reaction score
The Curly One said:
The bigger mistake was drafting AB to begin with. That was just another in a long, long line of Jerry Jones blunders that have made him one of the biggest laughing stocks in the league. BP was just trying to salvage something, anything, out of a total waste of a draft pick, just one of many JJ messed up on. That's why there are so few of the pre-BP players left on this team. Jerry understands only bright colors and flash and loud music; he has no concept of quality.