everyone is forgetting some things

STSINAZ

Reaction score
I know we are all fans and when we saw how good we were with ROMO everyone was pushing for the superbowl but you all forgot one thing....we are the youngest team in NFL that went as far as we did...meaning players in crucial spots with as little experience as we had...all we have my friends is upside...these wont be the same players that come back next year in training camp...they will be bigger, stronger, faster, more experienced and you will see the upside...

Name one team that is in the playoffs with 5 starters on defense that either a rookie or a 2nd year player...and then when you find one see if they have three more of those type of players that come in on the nickel! ratliff, hatcher, and burnett!

You wont find one...None of you guys realize how good our D will be pretty soon...Roy is going to lose weight and Bradie will have to learn how to cover or get cut...once that happens and we get another 6 months down the road you are going to see some dominate players....You will see...Mark it down!

Alot of young players were on offense...Jones, Barber, Romo, Hoyte, all those young receivers...Austin....we are going to get those guys better, get a few O linemen, and we will be in business next year...with or without Parcells

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
I agree completely... I just hope our older guys don't become too old. Namely TGlenn, TO, Fergie, AGlenn

STSINAZ

Reaction score
well dont worry a few of those receivers will be integrated next year, we will get a serious backup NT,,,i wouldnt be surprised if they drafted one in the 2nd round, Rivera is out and Reeves will be ready to step in...If TO is gone next year and we get Key we will need some speed...TO opened up alot...they will be have to dump Rivera and Kosier and replace them with two dominant players if that happens or we will get 8 men in the box ALOT!

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
fergie hasn't shown signs of breaking down. he was awesome for us most of the season. He's fergielicious

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Well, there are lots of reasons to be excited about what we can be next year. I just can't think about it too much right now because of the extreme dissapointment I feel right now.

However, if you look at how young we are in a lot of spots on defense and understand that Zimmer is no longer under contract, you can look for a lot of improvement out of that group. I firmly feel that with Zimmer gone and another group of defensive coaches, you would see improvement even with no personnel changes. Then throw in the fact that we know exactly where some of the holes are on defense (Safety, Pass rusher) and you'd think that we would shore that up some in the offseason.

We should be able to become a top 10 or even top 5 defense without too much problem.

Then, thinking of the offensive side of the ball... We went into the playoffs with a first year starting QB that didn't even start until midway through the season. He still has a lot of learning and growing to do, but he was still good enough to get us to the post season. He'll do nothing but get better all through the offseason and by midway through the season next year, he should be a very good QB. Heck, he already is, but he'll be much better with an offseason as the starter and a training camp as the starter.

Then consider that we found Columbo, Gurode and Kosier on the OL and we found Hurd at WR, and there are a lot of positives going into next year.

Romo and the improvement that QB's make going from their first year as a starter to their second year as a starter, is enough to make us a much better team all by itself. Throw in the fact that Dallas should get another pass rusher and improve at safety and next year looks even better. Then throw in that we should have a whole different defensive staff and the future becomes bright.

Just that right now, the pain of this season is still way too fresh to be excited about anything.

Gaede

Reaction score
One guy i am really excited about is Miles Austin

I think he could make alot of plays at WR...He moves extremely well; fluid and fast