Everyone Of Us Better Hope Dan Quinn Gets A HC Job This Year

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because if he doesn't he's going to be our HC after next season.
We have a lame duck team.
Not just a lame duck HC.

MM, DQ, maybe other coaches.
Even a lame duck players. And that creates a continuing issue.

I seen enough of DQ and his defense this past season, I feel it is best he moves on. As he will not change his system to get real LB's in here.

RonWashington

Reaction score
It’s not my $ . Jerry doesn’t want to pay MM for being a stay at home former employee . I am too lazy to google I bet it’s in the 10 Million range . Make him work for it .

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
If Dan Quinn comes back someone needs to remind him that linebacker is an actual position in the NFL. Basically the Cowboys played with three down linemen, an hybrid edge guy in Parsons, and seven defensive backs all season.

Which works if you are protecting a 20 point lead. 205 pound middle linebackers do not work otherwise.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
If I owned an NFL team I’m not interested in retread coaches from past success . Give me young and innovation
Unless it's Harbaugh. I don't care if he cheated at Michigan. I'm sure all the big programs do that, he just got caught. Now if he had got caught in a huge issue like what happened at Penn State or something like that, then no way. If we want a Jimmy type coach, then we have to get him. Hopefully he takes a year off and sits back and evaluates our team from his couch. I hope and pray it doesn't come down to this, but if we implode again, Jerry better suck it up and make that call.

Who is your first choice, brother?

RonWashington

Reaction score
Unless it's Harbaugh. I don't care if he cheated at Michigan. I'm sure all the big programs do that, he just got caught. Now if he had got caught in a huge issue like what happened at Penn State or something like that, then no way. If we want a Jimmy type coach, then we have to get him. Hopefully he takes a year off and sits back and evaluates our team from his couch. I hope and pray it doesn't come down to this, but if we implode again, Jerry better suck it up and make that call.

Who is your first choice, brother?

I see teams like the Rams 49ers Bengals Detroit Houston Packers hiring younger coaches with a hands on approach can relate to players that’s the direction this franchise needs . Get a successful preferably an OC from an NFL team and let him hire his own staff leave the coach to pick his staff .

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
If Dan Quinn comes back someone needs to remind him that linebacker is an actual position in the NFL. Basically the Cowboys played with three down linemen, an hybrid edge guy in Parsons, and seven defensive backs all season.

Which works if you are protecting a 20 point lead. 205 pound middle linebackers do not work otherwise.
That’s on Jerry and the Personnel Team. Jerry has always undervalued linebackers and always tries to get a bargain, grabbing the guy who dropped in the draft because of injuries, or is viewed as undersized. They also haven’t done a good job picking back up depth since the Parcells days when that 3-4 made it absolutely vital. But they also had Parcells input to help them. The only homerun we have hit at linebacker in a while is Mican Parsons, but he was immediately moved to defensive line, because our defensive line pics were pretty rough too. LOL

RonWashington

Reaction score
Hitchens and Damien Wilson win a SB in KC . Hitchens in particular made his presence known when he was in Dallas .

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
I see teams like the Rams 49ers Bengals Detroit Houston Packers hiring younger coaches with a hands on approach can relate to players that’s the direction this franchise needs . Get a successful preferably an OC from an NFL team and let him hire his own staff leave the coach to pick his staff .
I see that too. But WHO do you bring in a take a chance on?

RonWashington

Reaction score
I see that too. But WHO do you bring in a take a chance on?

Here’s two names Ben Johnson Lions OC and Chris Foerster OL & run game coordinator SF .

On the D side Aaron Glenn Lions DC .

Would rather go with offense as your HC let him hire his DC .

Jerry had this thing that the HC has to be a splash pick that’s wrong .

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
Here’s two names Ben Johnson Lions OC and Chris Foerster OL & run game coordinator SF .

On the D side Aaron Glenn Lions DC .

Would rather go with offense as your HC let him hire his DC .

Jerry had this thing that the HC has to be a splash pick that’s wrong .
Thanks for the info. I don't know these cats so I looked them up.

"On February 24, 2023, Glenn signed a multi–year contract extension with the Lions" I think he's out of the question.

Out of Ben and Chris, Ben come from the Joe Philbin tree who comes from the McCarthy tree. I like Chris' resume better. They have a solid o-line and run game. That's what we need the most, IMO.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I don't know these cats so I looked them up.

"On February 24, 2023, Glenn signed a multi–year contract extension with the Lions" I think he's out of the question.

Out of Ben and Chris, Ben come from the Joe Philbin tree who comes from the McCarthy tree. I like Chris' resume better. They have a solid o-line and run game. That's what we need the most, IMO.

The 49ers see the value in running setting up the pass . Physical OL and no matter who’s running the ball they gash you . RB by committee .

If Glenn were offered a HC shot Lions would have to let him out of contract it’s a promotion . Lions D has an attitude .