Everyone who thinks Zimmer leaving is good??

sbuscha

king****
Reaction score
I am sure that if Parcells stays one of the coaches we already have will be promoted into the Defensive Coordinator position and Parcells will CONTINUE to run the defense.

We are all very hopeful that the departure will bring fresh blood to run the "D." I do not think it will happen. Look what happened when Payton left. Parcells promoted a puppet, just as he will do with the "D."

step

Reaction score
Zim leaving IS good. With all the talent we have on defense, they need new blood and a new direction to get back on track. I do hope if Parcells stays that he gets someone to coach the D that can call better defense during a game as well as get more from young players. I hope the next guys figure a way to use our stars more effectively, such as Roy Williams. I usually hate to follow the "hot" trends, but you know, with all this talk about Lovie Smith, it would be nice to get him or someone from his "tree" to coach D here since there's no question he knows how to coach Defense. With all the talent we have over there, a guy like Lovie could probably make them great. Imagine all the turnovers! Imagine Roy on the Bears... and maybe even guys like Bobby Carpenter. Bye Bye Zim, now it's up to Jerry to get our coaching staff back in order!

Skin

Reaction score
My concern as well. Having Zim was convenient for Purcells since he could dictate defensive scheme/philosophy to him since he was not an established 3-4 guy. Maybe if we're lucky we can have a run defense coordinator and a pass defense coordinator. ;o) I fear more of the same vanilla, kiss your sister D next year if Purcells is around.

sbuscha

king****
Reaction score
step;1305162 said:
Zim leaving IS good. With all the talent we have on defense, they need new blood and a new direction to get back on track. I do hope if Parcells stays that he gets someone to coach the D that can call better defense during a game as well as get more from young players. I hope the next guys figure a way to use our stars more effectively, such as Roy Williams. I usually hate to follow the "hot" trends, but you know, with all this talk about Lovie Smith, it would be nice to get him or someone from his "tree" to coach D here since there's no question he knows how to coach Defense. With all the talent we have over there, a guy like Lovie could probably make them great. Imagine all the turnovers! Imagine Roy on the Bears... and maybe even guys like Bobby Carpenter. Bye Bye Zim, now it's up to Jerry to get our coaching staff back in order!

You did not read my post at all. What I said was that Parcells if he stays will promote from within. I can garuntee it. Why is this good? What makes you think he will go out and get a good D coordinator. They will do just as they did with the "O" position. HIRE A PUPPET!!

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Zimmer gone is a good thing but promoting someone from within the organization probably makes the aforementioned move a Wash.

step

Reaction score
sbuscha;1305306 said:
You did not read my post at all. What I said was that Parcells if he stays will promote from within. I can garuntee it. Why is this good? What makes you think he will go out and get a good D coordinator. They will do just as they did with the "O" position. HIRE A PUPPET!!
I don't think Bill will promote anyone. I think he will go outside. Who do I feel this way? Well, I don't think you can judge how he handles the offense as an indicator. He has always had his hands in the offensive play calling and thats always been muddy as to who's calling plays. As for defense, I think he really wants someone who knows how to coach and call plays in an agressive 3-4. I don't think that person is on staff and Bill really wants to win. Therefore, I believe he will go outside for a D coordinator if he stays.

Mash

Reaction score
It was time to move on ....

Zimmer IMHO was a clone to how Campo ran a defense....very passive...and very little game planning and adjustments...

Zimmer was Campo's diciple....but if I remember correctly Zimmer was pretty aggressive as a DC in College.

Who knows whats going to happen here....IF Bill stays...then he will pick another puppet....IMHO....

wouldnt be surprised if its within......and if so...I think we will see the same crap again next year.

Skin

Reaction score
step;1305338 said:
I don't think Bill will promote anyone. I think he will go outside. Who do I feel this way? Well, I don't think you can judge how he handles the offense as an indicator. He has always had his hands in the offensive play calling and thats always been muddy as to who's calling plays. As for defense, I think he really wants someone who knows how to coach and call plays in an agressive 3-4. I don't think that person is on staff and Bill really wants to win. Therefore, I believe he will go outside for a D coordinator if he stays.

Hope you're right, but suspect you and I are going to be disappointed.

sbuscha

king****
Reaction score
step;1305338 said:

Bill is known to be a DEFENSIVE coach. Bill has not hired outside the team since he got here, except for his Assistant Offense Coordinator/Tight End/Stat Coach from Cleavland.

I hope and pray I am wrong. I really do however I do not see it happening. AND as Jerry says "drafting more players on Defense." I just wish one time we would go after a stud OL or WR

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
I have this deep seeded fear that we will find out Zimmer starts succeeding and we find that he was underperforming here under BP. :bang2:

mschmidt64

Reaction score
sbuscha;1305154 said:
I am sure that if Parcells stays one of the coaches we already have will be promoted into the Defensive Coordinator position and Parcells will CONTINUE to run the defense.

We are all very hopeful that the departure will bring fresh blood to run the "D." I do not think it will happen. Look what happened when Payton left. Parcells promoted a puppet, just as he will do with the "D."

Yeah and look how bad our offense was this year.

Oh wait.... we scored the most points we have since 1995.

Any other theories?

AtlCB

Reaction score
FLCowboyFan;1305479 said:
I have this deep seeded fear that we will find out Zimmer starts succeeding and we find that he was underperforming here under BP. :bang2:

IMO, this move will work out for Atlanta and Dallas. Zimmer just wasn't that good with the 3-4, but he was excellent with the 4-3. Todd Bowles will probably do a very good job running this defense.

khiladi

Reaction score
mschmidt64;1305507 said:

Any other theories?

Uh Terrell Owens.....

deadrody

Reaction score
sbuscha;1305306 said:
Sorry, but to me, even a Parcells Puppet is better than Zimmer. A LOT better.

superpunk

Reaction score
sbuscha;1305306 said:

Those puppets royally kicked it this year. I want more puppets.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I think Zimmer being gone is a step in the right direction, but not the exact solution.

Maybe I'm wrong, but we're very versatile, complex, and creative on offense with our schemes and plays this season. But strangely we're extremely dull with the defensive schemes. Something tells me that Parcells believes in his assistants until they show otherwise. So I'm guessing that Parcells either let Zimmer run his crappy defensive schemes (his blitz packages were virtually the same under Campo) or Parcells didn't trust Zimmer and forced his hand to do other things.

YAKUZA

sbuscha

king****
Reaction score
mschmidt64;1305507 said:

Any other theories?

What the same offense that ATTACKED the depleted Seahawks secondary, that Awsome offense...? We had the most points; however it really does not matter much when you can not play call to win a game against a glaring weakness. Do not get me started.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
sbuscha;1305154 said:

a puppet? our offensive play calling was pretty damned aggressive and you say it was a puppet calling the plays huh?
pile on the bill hate much?

sbuscha

king****
Reaction score
a puppet? our offensive play calling was pretty damned aggressive and you say it was a puppet calling the plays huh?
pile on the bill hate much?

sbuscha;1305615 said:
What the same offense that ATTACKED the depleted Seahawks secondary, that Awsome offense...? We had the most points; however it really does not matter much when you can not play call to win a game against a glaring weakness. Do not get me started.

Really? How aggresive? I could call better plays against Seattle from my coach... Yeah that is BP hate. This team was mediocre all year and lost in the playoffs when it counts. Bill has done NOTHING but draft well. So how agressive was that play calling in seattle?

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
sbuscha;1305634 said:
Really? How aggresive? I could call better plays against Seattle from my coach... Yeah that is BP hate. This team was mediocre all year and lost in the playoffs when it counts. Bill has done NOTHING but draft well. So how agressive was that play calling in seattle?

pretty aggressive actually, bill isn't the one out there making the reads and throwing the ball you know