Everyone who thinks Zimmer leaving is good??

sbuscha

king****
Reaction score
stealth;1305635 said:
pretty aggressive actually, bill isn't the one out there making the reads and throwing the ball you know

No but he is the one calling run when Pete Hunter a LOAN Officer is playing corner, when the best corner on the team is a 3rd stringer. He is the one responsible for TG abd TO getting that massive yardage total against the Hawks. He is the one scheming to beat the Hawks in the playoffs. He is the one in control and that means accountability.

NEXT!!!

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
julius had some real tangible gains in the running game. It was working pretty well, and it was setting up the play action. The game plan was pretty solid in my opinion. we were a botched kick and a defensive stand away from winning. If that happened you wouldn't be on here whining.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
sbuscha;1305639 said:
No but he is the one calling run when Pete Hunter a LOAN Officer is playing corner, when the best corner on the team is a 3rd stringer. He is the one responsible for TG abd TO getting that massive yardage total against the Hawks. He is the one scheming to beat the Hawks in the playoffs. He is the one in control and that means accountability.

NEXT!!!

If the Cowboys had made that kick in Seattle, would you still be bawling about Parcells?

:confused:

superpunk

Reaction score
stealth;1305642 said:
julius had some real tangible gains in the running game. It was working pretty well, and it was setting up the play action. The game plan was pretty solid in my opinion. we were a botched kick and a defensive stand away from winning. If that happened you wouldn't be on here whining.

Pfffffftt...execution is overrated. Parcells was in Romo's headset saying "Glenn just beat his man for a score! Throw it to TO underneath - make sure you throw it behind him, we don't want this one being completed!"

I'm super cereal. He said all that. He's from new jersey. Ew.....the north. :rolleyes:

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
sbuscha;1305615 said:
What the same offense that ATTACKED the depleted Seahawks secondary, that Awsome offense...? We had the most points; however it really does not matter much when you can not play call to win a game against a glaring weakness. Do not get me started.

Excelent points. Everyone is acting like the Defense is the only problem - and the GROZ camp in particular seems to think that with Zimmer leaving things are now fixed.

But really, our offense almost always shuts down when the OL breaks down, and the offensive play calling is rediculous much of the time; yet nobody is calling for the OL coach's head for this or comaplaining that he's part of the three-headed-problem calling the offensive plays (And they truly are OFFENSIVE!)

Yeah, we got rid of Zimmer, so the ignorant GROZ camp is happy; but we did NOT get rid of any REAL problems, so personally, I'm unhappy until we do.

VA Cowboy

Benched
Reaction score
I'm definitely glad to see Zimmer go. I didn't want him hanging around another year in charge of a 3-4 defense he obviously knows nothing about and tempting Jerry to promote him to HC when BP leaves.

I don't know who we'll get as a replacement, but I'm expecting someone to promote from within, like Bowles. I don't know if this will be any improvement, but I don't see how it can be much worse. If anything it'll give us a false sense of hope, which imo is significantly better than the status quo of having Zimmer return and having no hope.

sbuscha

king****
Reaction score
stealth;1305642 said:

FYI - The scheme for that game was not good. Even as drunk as Madden was he was saying the EXACT same thing. No long plays and the wide receivers were not being used. Hardley any passes to TO, JW or TG. You make the call and tell me how far a team with this "aggressive" play calling makes it... It looks like we found out!!!

Funny that you talk about the botched kick. If it was not for the special teams play that game wouldnt have even come down to a kick. SP bailed out the play calling.

I am happy Zim is gone; however I think there is much false hope. There is far more wrong then Zimmer.

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
5Stars;1305645 said:
If the Cowboys had made that kick in Seattle, would you still be bawling about Parcells?

:confused:

I would - becuasr I was LIVID that the game plan on offense was to use a CONSERVATIVE passing game to set up the run, rahter than what is should have been: to get Barber going to draw the safeties in so that we can attack their secondary deep. Never did we attempt that. And on defense, we did well when Zimmer was allowed to EXECUTE his 4-3 allignemt, but was forced to also run Parcells 3-4, whic got absused by Hasselback & Co.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
sbuscha;1305664 said:
FYI - The scheme for that game was not good. Even as drunk as Madden was he was saying the EXACT same thing. No long plays and the wide receivers were not being used. Hardley any passes to TO, JW or TG. You make the call and tell me how far a team with this "aggressive" play calling makes it... It looks like we found out!!!

Funny that you talk about the botched kick. If it was not for the special teams play that game wouldnt have even come down to a kick. SP bailed out the play calling.

I am happy Zim is gone; however I think there is much false hope. There is far more wrong then Zimmer.

So what do you want the Cowboys to do?

Who do you want as head coach and all the assistants (DC, OC, etc.)?

Tell us how you would fix it, so that you will feel good. Give us names, because I think you might be on to something...

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
AMERICAS_FAN;1305672 said:
I would - becuasr I was LIVID that the game plan on offense was to use a CONSERVATIVE passing game to set up the run, rahter than what is should have been: to get Barber going to draw the safeties in so that we can attack their secondary deep. Never did we attempt that. And on defense, we did well when Zimmer was allowed to EXECUTE his 4-3 allignemt, but was forced to also run Parcells 3-4, whic got absused by Hasselback & Co.

Same question...

Tell us how you would fix it, so that you will feel good. Give us names, because I think you might be on to something...

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
sbuscha;1305639 said:

NEXT!!!

I chuckle, last week it was we didn't run enough, now it's we didn't pass enough.

VA Cowboy

Benched
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;1305680 said:
I chuckle, last week it was we didn't run enough, now it's we didn't pass enough.

When the opposing team has street fa's they just signed in the secondary, and we have a $10 million WR who only catches 2 passes for 26 yards, then it's a problem.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
sbuscha;1305664 said:

first its "than" zimmer.
second madden is an idiot, has been one for years and he has silly red eyebrows that drive me crazy.
And lastly tony didn't make the right throws or at least the ones that woulda shut madden up and stop this thread from even being created.

sbuscha

king****
Reaction score
5Stars;1305675 said:

Here is a name for you. Terrell Owens, Terry Glenn or Witten? Do you need to know anymore names of the players that were not used on offense.

Do you actually think a WR that gets paid $20Million that has 2 cathes is a good game plan? Actually don't answer that. I am sure you do.

stealth;1305703 said:
first its "than" zimmer.
second madden is an idiot, has been one for years and he has silly red eyebrows that drive me crazy.
And lastly tony didn't make the right throws or at least the ones that woulda shut madden up and stop this thread from even being created.

Actually if you knew how to read and comprehend you would look at my very first post. I said I do not think Zimmer leaving is going to matter. Then I said that even a drunk like Madden could understand what was wrong with the offense, obviously a scholar like you can't

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
I didn't attack you or insult you, though I aprreciate you bringing insults into an other wise top notch thread about your wrong opinions of this team and the game plans. TOP NOTCH!

sbuscha

king****
Reaction score
stealth;1305750 said:
I didn't attack you or insult you, though I aprreciate you bringing insults into an other wise top notch thread about your wrong opinions of this team and the game plans. TOP NOTCH!

I think your connotations were very much an insult. I just did the exact same thing back to you by calling you a "schollar" and asking you to read the first post that you took out of context.

I am done with this pissing match.

Bottom line as I said before the Zimmer firing is NOT going to cure all that ills this team.

(PS) A TE with 57 Yards Leading the Team in receiving is an Excellent game plan.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
sbuscha;1305730 said:
Here is a name for you. Terrell Owens, Terry Glenn or Witten? Do you need to know anymore names of the players that were not used on offense.

Do you actually think a WR that gets paid $20Million that has 2 cathes is a good game plan? Actually don't answer that. I am sure you do.

That is not an answer to the question I asked you...I did not say a thing about the players...again, the question for you...and notice I said coaches and such, not players. Can you answer that?

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I personally think that the only "D" Coordinator that is going to be allowed to totally install their brand of 3-4 would be a coach BP hired, who has plenty of skins on the wall, other than that, BP will still employ his crappy non aggresive approach.