Everything we know so far about Marvel Phase 4

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Everything we know so far about Marvel Phase 4, including new MCU movie release dates and cast news
Bradley Russell
Total Film Magazine
April 2, 2020

Marvel Phase 4 should have been kicking off in mere weeks. But with news that Black Widow has been delayed, the grand reveal has to be put on ice for the time being - but hopefully not for as long as Cap's containment.

But that still doesn't dampen our excitement, nor should it dampen yours. Phase 4 is, to put it mildly, the most transformative chapter of the MCU yet. You've got new iterations of some of Earth's Mightiest Heroes, several new faces, and some of the most creative and ambitious sequels all in the pipeline. It's all happening.

Then there's the small matter of Phase 4's Disney Plus adventures. Kevin Feige and co. aren't holding back on the small-screen efforts. Falcon and the Winter Soldier and WandaVision are set to stream later this year, with a couple of really intriguing series just over the horizon.

So, join us as we rundown all things Marvel Phase 4, from cast news, release dates and so, so much more.

Marvel Phase 4 release dates

Marvel Phase 4 release dates for both the MCU movies and Disney Plus TV shows were inititally announced at San Diego Comic-Con (SDCC) 2019, while Spider-Man 3 was added at a later date. Here they are, but a fair word of warning: coronavirus delays are shaking up the industry. These feel like placeholders now more than ever. Keep checking back for updates to all these release dates.

The Black Widow movie (TBA)
The Falcon and the Winter Soldier (August 2020)
The Eternals (November 6, 2020)
WandaVision (December 2020)
Shang-Chi: And the Legend of the Ten Rings (February 12, 2021)
Loki TV show (Spring 2021)
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (May 7, 2021)
What If...? (Spring 2021)
Spider-Man 3 (July 26, 2021)
Thor: Love and Thunder (November 6, 2021)
Hawkeye series (Fall 2021)

Ton and tons and tons more information here...............

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/everything-know-far-marvel-phase-161341035.html

(side note - I can't wait for The Falcon and the Winter Soldier!!!)

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Everything we know so far about Marvel Phase 4, including new MCU movie release dates and cast news
Bradley Russell
Total Film Magazine
April 2, 2020

Marvel Phase 4 should have been kicking off in mere weeks. But with news that Black Widow has been delayed, the grand reveal has to be put on ice for the time being - but hopefully not for as long as Cap's containment.

But that still doesn't dampen our excitement, nor should it dampen yours. Phase 4 is, to put it mildly, the most transformative chapter of the MCU yet. You've got new iterations of some of Earth's Mightiest Heroes, several new faces, and some of the most creative and ambitious sequels all in the pipeline. It's all happening.

Then there's the small matter of Phase 4's Disney Plus adventures. Kevin Feige and co. aren't holding back on the small-screen efforts. Falcon and the Winter Soldier and WandaVision are set to stream later this year, with a couple of really intriguing series just over the horizon.

So, join us as we rundown all things Marvel Phase 4, from cast news, release dates and so, so much more.

Marvel Phase 4 release dates for both the MCU movies and Disney Plus TV shows were inititally announced at San Diego Comic-Con (SDCC) 2019, while Spider-Man 3 was added at a later date. Here they are, but a fair word of warning: coronavirus delays are shaking up the industry. These feel like placeholders now more than ever. Keep checking back for updates to all these release dates.

The Black Widow movie (TBA)

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/everything-know-far-marvel-phase-161341035.html

While I have always been and will remain a huge fan of comics (since I was a kid!) and the related films. I must say that while I'm still excited to see what's coming next, my expectations are lowered. Everything looks 'smaller' to me for lack of a better term. Most certainly from a film perspective. There are no films that I look at from the list that feel 'epic' to me, like the films we've gotten in the recent past. It's almost as if Marvel is taking a bit of a break. They've undeniably lost some momentum from the high of Avengers Endgame. I will never understand why they decided on such a lengthy gap between films (one which has now been made even longer).

I am eager to see WandaVision play out and I feel that it will tie into Doctor Strange 2:

Based on previews, I think the Scarlet Witch has lost her mind, and is using her powers to create her own version of reality, where the Vision is again alive and they are a happily married couple. This is a combination of several comics storylines rolled into one. One in which she uses her powers to create life and the couple have two twin sons, and another where she goes off the rails mentally and destroys the Avengers. I think her unraveling will lead her to being the villain of that next Doctor Strange film.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
While I have always been and will remain a huge fan of comics (since I was a kid!) and the related films. I must say that while I'm still excited to see what's coming next, my expectations are lowered. Everything looks 'smaller' to me for lack of a better term. Most certainly from a film perspective. There are no films that I look at from the list that feel 'epic' to me, like the films we've gotten in the recent past. It's almost as if Marvel is taking a bit of a break. They've undeniably lost some momentum from the high of Avengers Endgame. I will never understand why they decided on such a lengthy gap between films (one which has now been made even longer).

I am eager to see WandaVision play out and I feel that it will tie into Doctor Strange 2:

Based on previews, I think the Scarlet Witch has lost her mind, and is using her powers to create her own version of reality, where the Vision is again alive and they are a happily married couple. This is a combination of several comics storylines rolled into one. One in which she uses her powers to create life and the couple have two twin sons, and another where she goes off the rails mentally and destroys the Avengers. I think her unraveling will lead her to being the villain of that next Doctor Strange film.

I felt the same way about most movies in this phase.

Except...
Black Widow. I want that one.
Also, Dr. Strange in the multiverse of madness.

and any other films that touches on endgame “stuff” and or other universes/timelines etc

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Black Widow movie - November 6, 2020

Bradley Russell
Total Film Magazine
April 2, 2020

The Black Widow movie (TBA) Nov 6, 2020

joseephuss

Reaction score
I think that article has the wrong dates. I saw several other sites list The Eternals being released in February 2021, for example.

joseephuss

Reaction score
The Black Widow movie (November 6, 2020)

The Eternals (February 12, 2021)

Shang-Chi: And the Legend of the Ten Rings (May 7, 2021)

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (November 5, 2021)

Thor: Love and Thunder (February 18, 2022)

Captain Marvel 2 (July 7, 2022)