Ex Cowboy gave me a reason for the injuries

jnday

Reaction score
If Dallas was actually training too hard it seems like the injuries would have decreased a bit when the new restrictions came out in the new CBA.

That makes sense, but it hasn't worked out that way.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Opinions are like buttholes....

Exactly. I'm 100% certain the OP is accurately relaying what the player said. But I bet if you asked 10 different players, half would say the team trains too hard and the other half would say the training is too easy.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I tend to believe someone here until they give me reason not to.
In this case, I don't think he's making this up.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
They should be individualizing each person's training regimen. And I'd bet that is the case.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Exactly. I'm 100% certain the OP is accurately relaying what the player said. But I bet if you asked 10 different players, half would say the team trains too hard and the other half would say the training is too easy.

Yes, if a lazy player came here, he would probably say that they train to hard.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Ran into someone that was on the team last year. Started a conversation. Said he had played for several teams. I wont mention who he is with right now. Told me the reason the cowboys have all these injuries....was due to over training. Said he never played for a team that takes strength and conditioning this serious. He mentioned miles in particular as someone that over trains. Just relaying what he said. Have at it.

Cowboys have said in the past that they had to keep Austin from overtraining himself, forcing him to cut back. Not sure that explains all the injuries because each player is unique, but for Austin, it does appear to be the case.