Ex NFL LB Will Compton says the NFL is fixed - scripted

FLWarpigrpig

Reaction score
You take all those players on the field, and on any given Sunday, a superior team in every aspect can lose to an inferior team.

Was it scripted that the boys got their arses handed to them by the packers?

I think the only thing Compton is doing is pushing his own agenda by trying to make something news worthy for people to click on. Don't get me wrong, if there is a conspiracy, that means people are involved. What Compton needs to do is give names and dates along with what was said by who. Did he? NOPE.

As mentioned, bone headed plays and bone headed play calling can and sometimes does affect the outcome of the game, but I don't think it's intentional, just people be people.

I'm old and wise enough to realize that if you want to commit a crime, keep your mouth shut and don't involve anyone else but yourself. The more people involved, the bigger the chance someone is going to do something stupid and you're going to get caught. Pleaes note, I would never advocate intentionally committing a crime or breaking the law.
If he named names without undeniable evidence (documents, tapes recorded with both parties agreeing to be recorded, etc) he would be liable under slander laws. There is no way the nfl or whoever would agree to being recorded or use documents.

Second to other posters the NFL could rig games after changing to a entertainment product. HOWEVER, since there is gambling now they would be sued by every person who placed a legal bet and lost.

Finally my opinion. Is it an organized scripted league? No, but why with all this tech available why do rules become more subjective to human interpretation? You can definitely spot dozens of game changing calls/noncalls every week. It gets more blatant every year.

DZSierra

Reaction score
No, but why with all this tech available why do rules become more subjective to human interpretation? You can definitely spot dozens of game changing calls/noncalls every week. It gets more blatant every year.
You answered your own question.

Look at how many TV cameras are filming the games along with TV crews in the stadium filming pretty much all the players.

More importantly, look at the technology of TV and where it has come over the years to catch things that you most likely would never have seen in a NFL game 20-40 years ago.

Want proof? Take a look at one of the GREATEST plays in the NFL in 1972. Of course that's past 20 years ago, but it all comes down to technology and what they have to work with. If you re watch that play, the ball hit Tatum. Kind of in the same spot we're in now, and that was with crappy TV coverage.

I do think sooner or later teams will get get at least one "call / non call" review for either a penalty that shouldn't have happened or penalty that should have happened that the refs blantently missed.

Like you said, you can see so many of them every week now (calls / non calls).

What would be cool is if with technology every player is watched via a computerized system and a penalty is called instantly on the player via some kind of artificial intelligence.

That said, and this is a serious question, if there was a system that could anylyze every player on the field during every play and could pick up penalties, do you think a game could be shorter than 6 or 7 hours long?

I don't bet on games and although I love to watch football on TV, the reality since it doesn't pay me a penny, I really should have better things to do with my time LOL

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There’s a sucker born every day who believes this tin foil trash.
I'm not sureIf of WWE level....but if you think for one second money, greed, power arent a pursuit of the nfl and vegas...you'd be what you accuse others of here.
Every single human endeavor has it....just not the nfl?
Mkay, sure.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I'm not sureIf of WWE level....but if you think for one second money, greed, power arent a pursuit of the nfl and vegas...you'd be what you accuse others of here.
Every single human endeavor has it....just not the nfl?
Mkay, sure.
Money, greed and power are the pursuits of all companies. It’s called capitalism.