Ex NFL LB Will Compton says the NFL is fixed - scripted

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
The NFL now identifies itself as an entertainment industry. I believe this change came in 2012 or so.

And from a legal standpoint, in entertainment industries the outcomes can be controlled.
Outcomes can be controlled IF they're upfront about it. They're not allowed to claim it's a competition won by skill if that's not the case.

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
My team didnt win: it’s rigged
My team did win: it’s not rigged

The soft culture we now live in. My buddy whose an eagles fan says their 2018 Super Bowl was clean and not a rigging but the last few were rigged :lmao:

And the funniest thing about it is what could be more rigged than a bum backup QB in Foles having a historic run to beat Tom Brady, in Tom Brady’s best superbowl statistically, to ultimately become the the Super Bowl champion?

I don’t actually think it’s rigged, including theirs, but damn if one ever was how can eagles fans deny it wasn’t theirs

FoxF

Reaction score
I feel it is scripted to some degree, too much money at stake. Pittsburg Seattle superbowl convinced me. Although, its enjoyable still.

I read an article long time ago about the NFL actually is classified as entertainment legally, so they can fix games and it would not be illegal. Same as WWE, I think.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
People that think it's rigged generally have a tendency to believe everything is rigged. It's a common theme among their group.

IAmLegend

Reaction score
I'll say this: The Kansas City Chiefs were the most penalized Offensive Line in the entire league in the Regular Season this year.

...They weren't flagged for a single Holding Penalty in the Playoffs. Not one, despite loads of video evidence of them holding players. Seems a little suspicious to me (more than a little).

Was it actually fixed? Who knows. But there was definitely an agenda there with the whole T-Swift thing, there's no denying that. And most calls/non-calls seemed to suddenly go in KC's favor.

DZSierra

Reaction score
You take all those players on the field, and on any given Sunday, a superior team in every aspect can lose to an inferior team.

Was it scripted that the boys got their arses handed to them by the packers?

I think the only thing Compton is doing is pushing his own agenda by trying to make something news worthy for people to click on. Don't get me wrong, if there is a conspiracy, that means people are involved. What Compton needs to do is give names and dates along with what was said by who. Did he? NOPE.

As mentioned, bone headed plays and bone headed play calling can and sometimes does affect the outcome of the game, but I don't think it's intentional, just people be people.

I'm old and wise enough to realize that if you want to commit a crime, keep your mouth shut and don't involve anyone else but yourself. The more people involved, the bigger the chance someone is going to do something stupid and you're going to get caught. Pleaes note, I would never advocate intentionally committing a crime or breaking the law.

Rayman70

Reaction score
"soft steered" or "guided" are the outcomes via " fair officiating." Plausible deniability guys. It's not a said thing, no paper trails, just known. They can always fall back on the refs...and deny deny deny. Its not wwe yet, but real close. I've often suggested we are watching wwe...but in my heart, didn't wanna believe that. But now we have former players even saying it. That does make me wonder.

Rayman70

Reaction score
The NFL now identifies itself as an entertainment industry. I believe this change came in 2012 or so.

And from a legal standpoint, in entertainment industries the outcomes can be controlled.
they actually do call themselves sports entertainment below the NFL logo now. Its not always there but Ive seen it.

Quickdraw

Reaction score
There's a lot of money to be had from betting on NFL games. You have to wonder if it is indeed manipulated for desired outcomes. If not, explain how Atlanta is up by 27 at the half, and lose. Sure it can happen but the odds are astronomical. Same goes for the Bills who were down against Houston back in '94 and came back to win. Now look at this years Swiftbowl. Big media hype, big money for the NFL. You have to wonder.

DZSierra

Reaction score
But now we have former players even saying it. That does make me wonder.
If you could list the names of players who have stated the game is fixed, with names and what was said, I'd sincerely appreciate it.

As of now, he have one player who was an average player who played 8 or so seasons on various teams who says the game is rigged, but gives no other facts other than his opinion which is suspectable at best per his motives if he doesn't give facts.

"it's not a said thing"? So the team without players talking to each decides to throw the game? LOL

DZSierra

Reaction score
Sure it can happen but the odds are astronomical.
How many times to people win the lottery and what are the odds?

Odds are astronomical of actually winning yourself, but people win every week.

You think if Atlanta threw the Superbowl and someone on the Falcons wouldn't be saying something by now? Let me guess, everyone is paid hush money?

Quickdraw

Reaction score
Odds are astronomical of actually winning yourself, but people win every week.
Just because someone wins the lottery (and not every week or we'd never have $1.7 trillion dollar lottery pots), doesn't mean their odds are any better than yours. But the lottery you can't "fix". Sports you can.

DZSierra

Reaction score
Just because someone wins the lottery (and not every week or we'd never have $1.7 trillion dollar lottery pots), doesn't mean their odds are any better than yours. But the lottery you can't "fix". Sports you can.
My point was that winning the lottery itself requires astronomical odds, yet people win all the time. No different than the astronomical odds it was for the Falcons to lay one of the biggest turds in Super Bowl history. The other point was that as astronomical as the odds were with Atlanta blowing it, it happens.

My odds of winning the lottery is 0% as I don't play the lottery nor do I gamble with games of chance.

EST_1986

Reaction score
My team didnt win: it’s rigged
My team did win: it’s not rigged

The soft culture we now live in. My buddy whose an eagles fan says their 2018 Super Bowl was clean and not a rigging but the last few were rigged :lmao:

And the funniest thing about it is what could be more rigged than a bum backup QB in Foles having a historic run to beat Tom Brady, in Tom Brady’s best superbowl statistically, to ultimately become the the Super Bowl champion?

I don’t actually think it’s rigged, including theirs, but damn if one ever was how can eagles fans deny it wasn’t theirs
Sounds like explanation of the softness of America all around now

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The dallas GB WC game could have been fixed by 1 guy dan quinn? and maybe a 2nd, MM.
No one else would know anything.
The oakland TB SB was fixed supposedly by the oakland HC. 1 guy.

It can be done, and fans dont want it to be fixed, so they are in denial. Hard to convince people like that.
That much evidence will never be available.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
https://www.si.com/nfl/raiders/the-black-hole-plus/will-compton-nfl-wwe-las-vegas-raiders-super-bowl

Will Compton of Bussin' with the Boys, called out the most powerful professional sports league in the world, the National Football League.

He took to X, formerly known as Twitter, by saying, "NFL is basically the WWE now. All scripted. Fixed. They pick who they want to win. It’s all for entertainment & honestly I don’t even know why I watch & care so much. It’s all fake."
https://www.si.com/nfl/raiders/the-...-wwe-las-vegas-raiders-super-bowl-fake-fixed#

Are wasting our lives watching this garbage?

https://nypost.com/2024/02/12/sport...ining-steam-after-wild-super-bowl-finish/amp/
Don’t watch.