Excited about OL this year!

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
All I heard prior to the draft was how Guyton was raw and would need time to develop due to such a small number of starts.

Now he's the blind-side protector in game #1?

Sorry, I'm not buying it. The Cowboys are going to "plug and play" two rookie O-line starters? Running behind them is the oldest version of Ezekiel Elliott to date?

I'm saying that Guyton is not a game #1 starter and the Cowboys offense will struggle during the first half of the regular season. In fact, my over/under for available starters on the O-line for game #1 is three.

In addition, didn't Steele tend to struggle at points last season? I predict an unforeseen starter in the O-line's future
All very practical points. I saw that one guy who started the thread already proclaiming our offensive line the best since the 1990s. LOL

And I’m definitely not ready to say that this offensive line is going to be dominant yet, but I think what I like the most is all the depth and all the choices.

In past years, it always seem like it was a given who had a chance to be the starter and it’s not this year not because we have lack of talent, we just have a good pool of young linemen. Could make the argument that 8-9 of them would probably win a starting job somewhere.

75boyz

Reaction score
Talent has potential.
Not so convinced with Solari, Schott and McFraud coaching them.

Maybe the talent can overcome the coaching.

jmo

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The line was getting old, slow, injured and in some cases, out-muscled. Excited to see so much young talent on it this year.

We are going to get some guys poached or traded this year after the dust is settled. I don't feel like any position is a lock, there are a lot of ways they could do the line this year with so much youth and versatility.
  • It was fun watching the energy from Bass and Hoffman last year when they got opportunities.
  • Now you add top pedigree like Guyton and Beebe.
  • Tyler Smith is our All Pro
  • Zack is still our HOF leader, and along with Steele will probably be much healthier this year.
  • Still think Richards might show something and have the rookie Thomas too.
  • Half-decent journeyman in Edoga. Still have Waletzko and Ball lingering around.
There will be some growing pains as these guys find their cohesion and some of the younger players develop, but feel pretty good about it right now. Just wish we had a deep RB platoon to go with it.
Honestly we've got a lot of good players on the OL now.

I really like Bass and Hoffman as depth pieces behind our starting 5 and I believe we will be improved at center. The only place I forsee a potential step back is at LT while Guyton learns how to play the position, but our long term prospects are very good.