Excited about rookie WR Simi Fehoko

quickccc

Reaction score
WR Simi Fehoko, Stanford;
Drafted 5th Round
– 6-4, 230 and runs a 4.37

Some comments From Ourlads Draft:

-Used in a various ways, outside WR, deep go routes, slot WR, goal line jump balls, used as a Noah Brown type role at times, digging out blocks vs LBs as a motion HB.

- Only started one year, and displayed invaluable ability on special teams.

- Most big plays came from slot spot. Matchup nightmare in slot or bunched formation

- Described a long strider that eats up a lot of cushion in a hurry.
- Smooth, intelligent, deceptively athletic.
- Extremely violent hands at the top of his routes.

- Will need to work on neck-shoulder dexterity (dipping and swiveling hips and shoulders
to “ sell” his routes)
- Struggles with the more elite CBs at the top of his routes,
- Third/Fourth Round.

Me:
- I heard a You Tube Podcaster called Simi a “ bigger Cole Beasley “ but he doesn’t look near that fluid, smooth or change of direction foot quick.as Beasley.

- Ironically I heard Isiah Stanback on a Cowboys podcast say per OTA observations that Simi
doesn’t look “ fluid”...

From just his “ highlights” I can see Simi use his big body and arm stretch to snare contested
passes away from coverage guys, and he gain a few inches from some in the vertical game.

johneric8

Reaction score
Drafted 5th Round

-Used in a various ways, outside WR, deep go routes, slot WR, goal line jump balls, used as a Noah Brown type role at times, digging out blocks vs LBs as a motion HB.

- Most big plays came from slot spot. Matchup nightmare in slot or bunched formation

- Will need to work on neck-shoulder dexterity (dipping and swiveling hips and shoulders
to “ sell” his routes)
- Third/Fourth Round.

Me:
- I heard a You Tube Podcaster called Simi a “ bigger Cole Beasley “ but he doesn’t look near that fluid, smooth or change of direction foot quick.as Beasley.

- Ironically I heard Isiah Stanback on a Cowboys podcast say per OTA observations that Simi
doesn’t look “ fluid”...

From just his “ highlights” I can see Simi use his big body and arm stretch to snare contested
passes away from coverage guys, and he gain a few inches from some in the vertical game.

I've heard it said around the NFL that Simi may be the BEST receiver in the draft PERIOD.. Laugh if you may, but some say he may turn out to be the steal of the draft. Bookmark I said this, go ahead do it!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I hear you and yet we all know someone in this offseason group of WRs will do well, be worthy of making the team, and yet will not. There are just too many WRs and too few available slots to fill. They will have to be nit-picky to narrow down this group. Something as trivial as Fehoko's man-bun may get him cut.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Drafted 5th Round

to “ sell” his routes)
- Third/Fourth Round.

Me:

doesn’t look “ fluid”...

Can’t wait for the preseason games so we can see him play.

Beaker42

Reaction score
I've heard it said around the NFL that Simi may be the BEST receiver in the draft PERIOD.. Laugh if you may, but some say he may turn out to be the steal of the draft. Bookmark I said this, go ahead do it!
What do we do then - he’s gotta be on the 53 or he’ll get poached from the PS. Maybe an injury coming up after TC and PS games.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I knew this would be most reaction.. People said the same thing last season when I said biadazz would be greatness.. the jury is out, but you all will see this year.
Noted for future reference, my friend. :thumbup:

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I heard a You Tube Podcaster called Simi a “ bigger Cole Beasley “ but he doesn’t look near that fluid, smooth or change of direction foot quick.as Beasley.

So in other words, he's basically not a Cole Beasley type. LOL.

Last edited:

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Drafted 5th Round

to “ sell” his routes)
- Third/Fourth Round.

Me:

doesn’t look “ fluid”...

I was 6'4 230 when I graduated college.....I was an OLinemen.....things have changed

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
We have several promising players with raw talent who might easily get cut, go elsewhere and tear up the league! Here's hoping we'll see the good in them from the start and make the most of it before some other team gets a chance to. Guys like Simi and Vasher are good examples of that.

Last edited: