Exclusive Interview - Draft Prospect Terrence Wheatley

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
http://www.dcfanatic.typepad.com//dc...ive-int-1.html

Exclusive Interview - Draft Prospect Terrence Wheatley

Terrence Wheatley is going to be a good one, trust me. After overcoming a severe wrist injury in 2005 he came back and had two great seasons as a CB/KR for the Colorado Buffaloes.

We all know the Cowboys are in need of a few CB's and picking up this kid would be a very smart move by Jerry Jones. With blazing speed, ran a 4.37 at the NFL combine, he was also a dynamic kick returner and gunner for the Buffaloes special teams.

Here's the interview I did with Terrence..

Terrence Wheatley Interview

My feeling going into this interview was that for whatever reason he was very underrated and it wasn't a shock to me that when I hit Youtube I could not find a highlight video for Terrence.

I made sure to take care of that problem..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pA7Sau-3-U

One of my favorite scouting sites out there, NFLDraftScout.com, had to this say about Terrence..
Builds to top speed in a hurry and shows explosive acceleration throughout his running stride. Has the closing burst to instantly make plays in front of him. His second gear is evident by the way he simply races past opponents on kickoff returns. Has very loose hips to redirect and is fluid changing direction. Never takes false steps in transition and shows very good balance on the move. Fearless in run support, closing on the play and pursuing the ballcarriers with good form to push the running game back inside from the perimeter. Has a keen understanding of the playbook, but will still spend time dissecting plays to discover ways to improve his technique. With his wrist surgeries behind him, he is showing much better power behind his tackling form (see 2007 Colorado State and Oklahoma games), doing a good job of wrapping and driving with his strong legs to rock the opponent back.
Let's hope Wade Phillips and Brian Stewart get a good look at him on Friday when Terrence will be working out for the Cowboys at 'Dallas Day'.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
me and masonmenos really like this guy, could go as early as the 2nd, probably a 3rd/4th round guy

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Looks like he has some REALLY good ball skills.

Champsheart

Reaction score
Living here in Colorado and seeing a lot of CU games, I can say he reminds me a lot of Terell Buckley, he will make plays, but he will get burned some too.
Decent prospect for late 2nd to 3rd round.

Goldenrichards83

Reaction score
Thank you for that. I have been hearing about thius guy asd wondering why is he a target but from the video he seems like he has excellent ball skills. I am sure he got burnt(they all do) some but having thoise type of ball skills and instincts while running a 4.37 nis enough for me to take a flyer on this kid.

sago1

Reaction score
If Wheatley coming to VR, presume it's because our scouts already knew about him. He's projected to go in 3rd or 4th round so if we get a good CB in first round & Pacman trade is finalized by then we could take Wheatley if he still on the board with our late 4th or 5th (unless we traded that away for Pacman). In any case we also got Dolphins first pick in 6th round.

Goldenrichards83

Reaction score
Champsheart;2031115 said:
Living here in Colorado and seeing a lot of CU games, I can say he reminds me a lot of Terell Buckley, he will make plays, but he will get burned some too.
Decent prospect for late 2nd to 3rd round.
Love your sig.