Expectations/Concerns for 2021 Cowboys’ Offense:

lukin2006

Reaction score
Top 5-10 offense
O-line needs to stay healthy
Dak passes for 5000 yrds
Our 3 receivers all get 1000 yrds
Dallas does a better job managing Zeke's workload, he gets about 1250 yards and Pollard gets 800 or so. But Zeke get 12 TDs
The offense is why we will watch. The offense will keep us in most games. The offense will win us some games that we shouldn't win.
Can't wait till we put 40 on Tampa...

75boyz

Reaction score
Offensive line full season health durability, Slow starts, turnovers, 3rd down conversion rate, OCs ability to balance the offense with an effective running game.

And red zone tds/playcalling

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Going into Cowboys camp, these are my Expectations//Concerns about the 2021 Cowboys’ Offense:

Most looking forward to this Offense:
- Dak’s healthy return and continued rise to elite status
- one of NFL’s top most explosive WR units
- a healthy OL return
- Lamb and Jarwin bigger impact roles in offense
- a speedier 2016 version zeke
- Kellen’s pass design scheme (per WR, TE)
- High expectations as one of the top, most explosive offense in entire NFL
- Abundance of talent and potential among skill positions

Leading Concerns:
- OL Durability concerns and questionable depth
- Do not expose Dak to unnecessary designed run plays
- Backup QB ? .. Gilbert,? DiNucci ?
- Can we solve the notorious slow starts and red zone problems ?
- Lessen Turnovers
- Better RB design scheme; per run and pass
- Will Kellen be aggressive,.. or more conservative On the Road in games?
-- Under Kellen, we will not have a John Kuhn like FB.

My ONLY concern is how many points are they going to have to score every week because of our defense.

Expectations? Top 3 offense in the NFL scoring around 30 points per game.

Last edited:

75boyz

Reaction score
We've seen the offense dominate weak teams. What i'd like to see is this offense dominate a good defense.

Post of the Year. I'll even settle for a non divisional team on the road with an above average defense.

Do it twice in one year and I'll really be convinced, lol.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Give it up dude. We know you hate Dak because everyone of your posts is about how you hate Dak. Don't you get tired of hating Dak? Obviously not.

Dont you get tired of reacting to the same dumb things EVERY time? LOL

Redline360

Reaction score
1) Dak - 40m gamble
2) OL durability
3) Turnovers
4) Zeke
4) KM not going full retar* in the redzone
6) ToP

Edit: I would actually move ToP to number 3

quickccc

Reaction score
You should be worried about having more balance, because if you look into those passing numbers you'll see that the big majority of them came against bad teams or in losing efforts. We beat 1 playoff team in 2019 and that was the Eagles early in the season.

In 2019 we were 2-4 in games where Dak threw for at least 300 yards. 6-4 in games he threw for under 300 yards. We lost games 10-12, 17-9, and 9-13 where Dak threw ZERO TD passes in those games(All those games happened to be against playoff teams). Throughout Daks whole career it shows a clear pattern that the least he does the more successful the team is for it. I'd rather the Cowboys do what works instead of trying to put up cute numbers. I don't care if we win games ugly as long as we win them. I don't care if they're boring me to tears. Just win, baby.

Coincidentally we are 25-5 when Zeke has at least 100 rushing yards. Zeke and his yards lead to wins, while Dak and his has only lead to a big contract and "what ifs" so far.

Equally is looking into some factors that could've played a part in why we lost, why we got behind to have to pass, why we couldn't pass or score more in certain losses in 2019 ..
… Bad defense ?.. Turnovers ? …Special teams blunders ? (ala critical missed FG ?) …Dak's bum shoulder vs Philly, .. etc.

When there was a thread asking what do u like or don’t like about Dak. One of my responses among do not like , is he has to improve enough to beat the better defenses.
He has improved his game as a passer, but there is still some parts of his game that he needs to continue to improve.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Post of the Year. I'll even settle for a non divisional team on the road with an above average defense.

Do it twice in one year and I'll really be convinced, lol.

I'll take scoring 27+ against a good defense with an average qb

quickccc

Reaction score
Top 5-10 offense
O-line needs to stay healthy
Dak passes for 5000 yrds
Our 3 receivers all get 1000 yrds
Dallas does a better job managing Zeke's workload, he gets about 1250 yards and Pollard gets 800 or so. But Zeke get 12 TDs
The offense is why we will watch. The offense will keep us in most games. The offense will win us some games that we shouldn't win.
Can't wait till we put 40 on Tampa...

But for all the expected splash and dash potential and expectations of the Cowboys Offense,.. down in the critical stretch, come playoff time, vs the better NFC foes, it will
still come down to playoff caliber Defense to keep you games; to win games ...vs Brady, Russell, (Rodgers?) Kyle Murray, etc. .. imo.

Sydla

Reaction score
My concern is that this offense is gonna be so ********* good that the league is gonna put special rules in place halfway through the season and suspend Cooper and Jarwin just to keep us from scoring so many points.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Moore needs to focus on running and not force the offense thru Dak.

What does that mean ‘focus?’ Is Moore supposed to run the ball 60-70%? Is Moore supposed to run Elliott on 1st and 2nd downs setting up 3rd and short hopefully? That would require a very clutch and accurate QB.

How many times do you think paying fans want to watch Elliott up the gut for 2 yards? Elliott right for 3 yards? Elliott can’t break big runs.

You pay $40M for a QB and $20M for a WR and don’t want to showcase them? The strength of the team is at WR.