Expectations for LB Bruce Carter?

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
How would you deem Bruce Carter's 1st real season as a successful one?

For me, I'd be great if he played 16 games, provided support in pass coverage, and created a couple turnovers.

Carter is a pretty good at blitzing so I'm hoping to see some sacks from him as well.

:starspin

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Be the nickel LB, make a few big plays and excel on special teams.

jaybird

Reaction score
I exspect him to be a 3 down LBer and staple of this defense and occasional big play(e.g, sack, int).

DFWJC

Reaction score
I expect him to get more than 50% of the snaps, have a sack or two, and create a couple of turnovers. ST contributions would be nice too.

This guy is going to be a big part of our D as the year progresses.

Shinywalrus

Reaction score
This season I'd like to see him become a replacement level starter, and expect him to be above average against underneath passing and below average against the run.

I think his ceiling is much higher, but I don't know that we'll see it this season.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Shinywalrus;4670845 said:
This season I'd like to see him become a replacement level starter, and expect him to be above average against underneath passing and below average against the run.

I think his ceiling is much higher, but I don't know that we'll see it this season.
Was going to type pretty much this exact sentiment. He'll obviously make a big jump this year, given he was starting for nothing. But next year I think is his big can't-be-missed break out year.

Mash

Reaction score
My expectations?

Watch and learn from Lee...

Play hard and be that cover LB we need.....become a better Hollywood Henderson :)

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Expect him to contibute and make a difference. Maybe not like Lee, not yet. But like Lee was his first year. Connor will probably start, but by the end of the year, I expect to see Carter show that he will take over as starter next year.