RELEASED Experiment Over; Cowboys Waive TE Rico Gathers

glimmerman

Reaction score
Surprising. JG is really putting his foot down this year.

Now he is picked up by the pats.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/experiment-over-cowboys-waive-te-rico-gathers

OXNARD, Calif. - he Cowboys have apparently seen enough of the Rico Gathers experiment, deciding to cut the tight end on Monday here at training camp.

Gathers was entering his fourth camp with the team, and had seemingly improved every year, going from the practice squad in 2016-17 to the active roster last year in 2018, when he played 15 games, including four starts.

But here at camp, Gathers hadn’t made a big impact, and also suffered a minor ankle injury that kept him out a few days........

Attitude was his undoing. That seems clear.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Woody.jpg

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Did not think Rico was going to make the team anyway. So do they only go with 3 TE’s for sure on the roster like they should.
Or does McElroy now automatically make the team.
I think you go with 3

I dont think a 4th would as much if they didnt have a prospect they really wanted to try and develop

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Brace for the diss track.

I'm glad y'all set it off!....Used to be hard now you're just wet and soft!
First you was down with Ton-ay!
And now I see you in camp with the D-A-K?
Lookin' like straight bozos!
I saw it comin'! I'd rather be solo!

I never got why Stephen's Vice President! ....I never got why Stephen's Vice President! ....I never got why Stephen's Vice President!.....

Last edited:

CWR

Reaction score
I do hope he picks up somewhere. It may mean that the rumors are true that Jarwin has looked very good this camp.

I've also heard Schultz has packed on muscle and his blocking skills makes him look like an olineman. Witten, Jarwin, Schultz should look nice this year.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I will be interested in seeing where he goes and how he performs. For ppl kicking the kids back in. Yes he was not happy how they stashed him on IR for a whole season.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
anyone want to take a stab on when he will be picked up or not picked up at all?