Expiring fan devotion

rambo2

Reaction score
Serious question, how many more years of the same crap from the Jones family before you lose interest?
Crap? They are one of the best teams in the league now. You don't like winning? Aren't they 2nd in wins to the Chiefs over the last 2 years? They are right there with the Eagles.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If you’re a real long time fan who’s been following the team since the 70s you won’t lose interest. Maybe some that jumped on board during the 90s might lose interest but not the ones that have been around since the 70s. Once you’ve been following the Cowboys that long it’s till death do us part.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Serious question, how many more years of the same crap from the Jones family before you lose interest?
I’ve been following the Cowboys longer than you’ve been alive. I’ll never lose interest, the Cowboys have been too much a part of my life. It’s usually the younger fans that start these threads. Not many fans are going to lose interest with the team going 12-5 and making the playoffs. Be glad you’re not a Jets or Browns fan.

Mannix

Reaction score
If you’re a real long time fan who’s been following the team since the 70s you won’t lose interest. Maybe some that jumped on board during the 90s might lose interest but not the ones that have been around since the 70s. Once you’ve been following the Cowboys that long it’s till death do us part.
I totally disagree with the first sentence above. I've been a die-hard fan since 1975. I moved to Dallas in 1986....I've only missed seeing two games from 1986 to present....both due to traveling out of state, for a wedding and a funeral. During TV blackout days from 1986 to around 1991, I'd watch games pulled in via satellite in an East Dallas bar that I had NO business being in....they would lock the doors, and call it a "private party"....those doors stayed locked from kickoff until the final gun....you leave, and you aren't allowed back in ever again. From around 1991 to 1998 I would go to 3-4 games per year...went to both of the NFCCG's at Texas Stadium. I care VERY little anymore....however, I do love everyone on this site and enjoy like hell hanging out here....I sleep fine now after losses, because they are expected to happen....NOTHING shocks me anymore. So what I'm trying to say is, ANYONE can lose interest...no matter how long you've been a fan. If things go well, I'm hoping to outlive Booger....but I'm 100% positive that if Chuckles outlives me, I'll NEVER see another Cowboys Superbowl.

Last edited:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I totally disagree with the first sentence above. I've been a die-hard fan since 1975. I moved to Dallas in 1986....I've only missed seeing two games from 1986 to present....both due to traveling out of state, for a wedding and a funeral. During TV blackout days from 1986 to around 1991, I'd watch games pulled in via satellite in an East Dallas bar that I had NO business being in....they would lock the doors, and call it a "private party"....those doors stayed locked from kickoff until the final gun....you leave, and you aren't allowed back in ever again. From around 1991 to 1998 I would go to 3-4 games per year...went to both of the NFCCG's at Texas Stadium. I care VERY little anymore....however, I do love everyone on this site and love hanging out here....I sleep fine after losses, because they are expected to happen....NOTHING shocks me anymore. So what I'm trying to say is, ANYONE can lose interest...no matter how long you've been a fan.
Say what you will, but you’re still posting here, talking Cowboys football. You may not feel the same enthusiasm for the team that you once did, but I doubt you’ll ever drop the team completely if you’ve been following them as long as you say you have.

Mannix

Reaction score
Say what you will, but you’re still posting here, talking Cowboys football. You may not feel the same enthusiasm for the team that you once did, but I doubt you’ll ever drop the team completely if you’ve been following them as long as you say you have.
Read my long boring post again, and you will see why I am still here...and I never said anything about completely dropping the team....I just have Jones fatigue, like many of my friends back in Iowa have Ferentz fatigue....its a real thing.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Read my long boring post again, and you will see why I am still here...and I never said anything about completely dropping the team....I just have Jones fatigue, like many of my friends back in Iowa have Ferentz fatigue....its a real thing.
I read your post and said say what you will. I’m saying that you will never completely drop the team if you’ve been following the Cowboys since the 70s and you confirmed it. Anyone who’s been following the Cowboys that long won’t completely drop the team, especially when they’re competitive every year. No true fan drops their team because they can’t reach, or win a Super Bowl. Despite the Cowboys lack of success, they’re one of the most interesting teams in the league, which is why they’re talked about so much and have so many fans.

12+88=7

Reaction score
You root for the laundry.

Every single player, coach, and management member can change and I'll still be a fan.

I root for the team first and foremost.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
giphy.gif

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'll definitely admit to losing a great deal of my interest in this team in the past and especially, in recent times. If the Jones family has proven anything at all, it's that they're much more concerned with their own wealth and comforts than their team and its fans. It's a sad fact but unfortunately, so true. Admittedly, I've been a fan since this team's inception but they've gone to the dogs with little or no hope of recovering.

Last edited: