'Extremely Dangerous!' Osa Odighizuwa Making 'The Leap'

Motorola

Reaction score
Very underappreciated player.

'Extremely Dangerous!' Osa Odighizuwa Making 'The Leap' to Dallas Cowboys Stardom?​

The Dallas Cowboys defense has kept itself afloat despite injuries through the development of young players, perhaps none more so than Osa Odighizuwa.

Anthony Licciardi
10/20/23

The 2023 Dallas Cowboys were supposed to watch a young defensive tackle blossom alongside veteran stars. Entering the year, first-round pick Mazi Smith would have been the odds-on favorite to fill that spot.

In short, Smith hasn’t been the impact player Dallas drafted him to be—at least not yet. Instead, Dallas has received consistent production on the interior from third-year tackle Osa Odighizuwa. Simply put, he’s making the leap.

Monday’s performance may have earned the most recognition of Odighizuwa’s season, but it wasn’t a flash in the pan. He’s been a game-wrecker up the middle for Dallas all season. He ranks 46th in pass rush snaps, but 11th in hurries (and 14th in total pressures). His 18.5% pass rush win rate makes him the meat in a Javon Hargrave-Quinnen Williams sandwich.

Read much more: https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news...making-leap-dallas-cowboys-star-micah-parsons

usatsi_19032348.jpg
Due to his terrific play, some CZers already are anticipating Odighizuwa's next contract will making 'The Leap' - a thread was created Friday on what to pay him.

Ken

Reaction score
Osa is in his third season. DT's take time to develop. Patience is required.

Mazi is six games deep into his career. Was anyone writing articles like this about Osa in October 2021?
I get and agree with your point but...

Osa had 14 tackles, 2 sacks and 6 tfls in his first 6 games lol

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I get and agree with your point but...

Osa had 14 tackles, 2 sacks and 6 tfls in his first 6 games lol
You're right but Osa plays 3-tech and Mazi plays 1-tech. The Cowboys ask them to do very different things. And with Hankins playing so well it's been hard for Mazi to get on the field. I am not disagreeing with you at all but I think it's too early to write him off.