Ezekiel Elliott could deliver NFL MVP caliber season in 2018

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
Get the OL shored up and hopefully Dak will improve his footwork and accuracy this offseason so Zeke can just freaking eat.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
If he averages 4.1 yards per carry like he did in 2017, he can break Murray’s single season franchise rushing record if he gets 450 carries or just over 28 carries per game. I heard 4.1 ypc was good for him, though I disagree. Hope we get him producing at 5.1 ypc like he did in 2016. Then he should have a great year.

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
Him & we could do alot

The person holding that play chart has more say than anyone...... And I'm not holding my breath on him

Darthkuriboh

Reaction score
he needs to come to camp in shape and play all season with a chip on his shoulder. "You want to suspend me? I'll make EVERYONE pay."

Big_D

Reaction score
Elliott will certainly have his moments but defenses are going to force Dak to beat them. Shutting zeke down will be difficult but it will certainly be the defensive game plan every week.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
I would think he could bounce back, but expecting him to get back to 2016 is probably not particularly realistic. 5 yard per carry seasons don't grow on trees. Hall of Famers Eric Dickerson, Walter Payton and Emmitt Smith each only had one season eclisping 5 yards per carry. Fellow top 10 all-time rushers Tony Dorsett, Curtis Martin and Jerome Bettis had none.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Zeke has already been playing on an NFL MVP level.

I expect that to continue and I look forward to watching it.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Would lake to see Dak have that kind of year in 2018 to shut the haters up.

DCowboyz

Reaction score
He would of had back to back rushing titles. In a way, I'm glad this happened to him now. I'm sure he's going to take his NFL career more serious now. I doubt he'll have any off-field issues again. Not saying he did it. Just saying he needs to stay away from the crazies.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Umm...he would have had back to back rushing titles his first two years in the league if a woman didn't lie.

And with no QB or threat of a passing game.

He's a special player.
And with no QB. The QB happened to be Dak Prescott, the Rookie of the year!!, not Zek your special player. You must really hate that Dak was ROOKIE OF THE YEAR. You’ll be hating on Dak for a looooong time. Feel sorry for you.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Elliott will certainly have his moments but defenses are going to force Dak to beat them. Shutting zeke down will be difficult but it will certainly be the defensive game plan every week.
Not every team has the ability to shutdown Zeke even if that is their intention. Zeke will have his way with most teams.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
And with no QB. The QB happened to be Dak Prescott, the Rookie of the year!!, not Zek your special player. You must really hate that Dak was ROOKIE OF THE YEAR. You’ll be hating on Dak for a looooong time. Feel sorry for you.
Yeah people have that "what have you done for me lately" mentality and dismiss his rookie year as an outlier. I'm still a D4K fan.

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
I like how people talk about the MVP being open to other positions other than QBs. When AP got it he almost broke EDs record and still had to share it with a QB. Basically a RB has to have one of the greatest seasons ever to be in the running. Any other position is SOL. Megaton had a great season and nothing. I bet a DE could have 30 sacks or a CB have 15 ints or a LB 300 tackles and not get it. Forget about a DT or O-lineman ever being in the running. Might as well rename it MVQB.

I do believe EE can have a season where he deserves it but probably won’t get it.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I like how people talk about the MVP being open to other positions other than QBs. When AP got it he almost broke EDs record and still had to share it with a QB. Basically a RB has to have one of the greatest seasons ever to be in the running. Any other position is SOL. Megaton had a great season and nothing. I bet a DE could have 30 sacks or a CB have 15 ints or a LB 300 tackles and not get it. Forget about a DT or O-lineman ever being in the running. Might as well rename it MVQB.

I do believe EE can have a season where he deserves it but probably won’t get it.
May not seem fair to some, but QB is probably the hardest position to play in team sports. There are only about 20 good ones in the NFL, let alone the world. There is a reason the good ones are starting to make 20-30 million a year. Supply and demand!! Talk about under appreciated. I think Belichick is way under paid. About 8 million per year. Look how much more successful his teams are than others. Garrett makes 5 million a year. Belichick should be paid 25 million a year.

Techsass

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He has the talent to do it. Of course teams are going to scheme against him. They have to. Doesn't mean they can stop him. Maybe holding him under 100 yards is about the best they can hope for and I doubt that many will succeed.

yentl911

Reaction score
Not if our OL doesn’t get better and we start getting better in the passing game

Stack the box and who are you scared of? That’s right, no one