Ezekiel Elliott could deliver NFL MVP caliber season in 2018

rkell87

Reaction score
And with no QB. The QB happened to be Dak Prescott, the Rookie of the year!!, not Zek your special player. You must really hate that Dak was ROOKIE OF THE YEAR. You’ll be hating on Dak for a looooong time. Feel sorry for you.
So were Vince Young and RG3, doesn't mean much.

Hardline

Reaction score
Not if our OL doesn’t get better and we start getting better in the passing game

Stack the box and who are you scared of? That’s right, no one
Defenses been stacking the box against Zeke every game he played. That may have held him back a little but he will still rack up huge games

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Without a passing attack as much as i love Zeke and consider him the BEST HB in the NFL he will be stopped by the good defenses,( i.e. Denver game)really boils down to Noodle Dak if Zeke can reach his true numbers.....

DHCBF66

Reaction score
Without a passing attack as much as i love Zeke and consider him the BEST HB in the NFL he will be stopped by the good defenses,( i.e. Denver game)really boils down to Noodle Dak if Zeke can reach his true numbers.....
Zeke had some really good games as a rookie against some top defenses, Big Ron going to Denver hurt us more than some think.

glimmerman

Reaction score
This kid will ball out. Even with a O-Line that wasn’t as good as his rookie year. Missed what? 6 games, was over weight and probly a emotional wreck. He still was only a few yards shy of a 1000 yard season. This kid will be a beast in 2018. Which will make Dak look and feel a lot more comfortable. Big year coming from both.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Zeke is screwed unless Dak can uphold his end of the offense. The league knows all you have to do give this offense fits is load the box to stop the run and take away the short passes............. and man-up on the wrs. Granted , some teams have the personnel to execute better than others. I'm looking at Zeke's YPC. If you take away his one long run last year, he averaged under 4.0 per carry............through no fault of his own. Its on the coaches to figure something out and try not to repeat last years errors and hope for a better result.

Section446

Reaction score
Or, he "could" get suspended for being a moron in the off-season again.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Elliott will certainly have his moments but defenses are going to force Dak to beat them. Shutting zeke down will be difficult but it will certainly be the defensive game plan every week.

If I was a DC and after last season, I am putting 7 in the box and making Dak beat me. I would want to see which version of Dak I am getting and if it is this season's Dak, time to start worrying.

Pants

Reaction score
I don't care at all about league MVP....I care about Super Bowl MVP....now, both? yummy

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I think Zeke is screwed unless Dak can uphold his end of the offense. The league knows all you have to do give this offense fits is load the box to stop the run and take away the short passes............. and man-up on the wrs. Granted , some teams have the personnel to execute better than others. I'm looking at Zeke's YPC. If you take away his one long run last year, he averaged under 4.0 per carry............through no fault of his own. Its on the coaches to figure something out and try not to repeat last years errors and hope for a better result.

I guess that means Dak, Dez, and Zeke all need things to be perfect in order to perform.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He is one of dozens players that could get the MVP, if that really matters. Just in RB's alone, he's got competition from Gurley, Fournette, Bell, Cook, Kamura and Barkley hasn't been seen in a NFL uniform yet but he is something really special.

Elliott better have something close to a MVP season if he wants to help his QB and team. The Cowboys don't just need to run the ball, they have to run it.