Ezekiel Elliott: Evaluators Question If Cowboys RB More Of A 2nd-Tier Guy

Beaker42

Reaction score
I think it is obvious Zeke no longer possesses the speed he had as a rookie. It's not just his inability to breakaway either. You can see he can't get outside anymore like he did as a rookie. Last year was the first year since his rookie season where I didn't think he got slower than the year before. I don't know if I would call him second tier, but he is getting paid $15 million a year and performing like a $5 million RB. This is the problem with the Cowboys in general. Too many guys are getting paid more than they produce. $5 million here, $4 million there and before you know it you are $26 million over the CAP in 2022 and nothing to show for it.
Our Fo should’ve NEVER CAVED TO HIS HOLDOUT. They got fleeced.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He didn't start out that way but his regression is fast-becoming second tier. Just another reason not to spend a top 4 pick on a RB in the pass-happy NFL.

I say that as someone who went to Ohio State, so I was rooting for this kid before many here even heard of him. Disappointed with the recent seasons.
Quick without looking....what was his first "highlight" at Ohio State?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I call BS, hard to do much when they know all we had was Zeke plus covid. I guess only the likeable guys get real life excuses

You excuse maker.

I kid...it's okay to make excuses for Dak......but dude...you are gonna get steamrolled if you keep this up for zeke.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If anyone DARED do this for Dak they'd be torn to shreds as a "hater".

But for zeke it makes ya cool.

Good job keep up the great work.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
There's no doubt that Zeke isn't what he was in years past. Yes, he's slipped from the youthful stud he once was. I doubt it means he's done with the Cowboys, though. That's especially true, in view of the fact that the OL isn't what it once was, either. Jerry isn't very likely to send him packing, though, in view of what he'll be paid in the here and now. There's a reason why he's working harder than he has in recent years, that's for sure. Let's see if the new and improved Zeke is as valid as his recent hype would have us believe. Expect Pollard to get a noticeably larger share of the action in the days ahead. It's likely to afford our running game a fair boost in performance. Is that such bad news? One of our young RBs may blossom, as well. ;)

Last edited:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I look for Zeke to have an outstanding season and shutting up critics. Players hear the noise around them. With OL in tact I think Zeke enters the season with a lot to prove, to himself and to his critics.

kevm3

Reaction score
Why doesn't Zeke get the 'no defense' excuse like Dak does?

Because Dak was on pace to break NFL records and is still getting blamed for losses while the backup qbs could barely do anything for a few games. On the other hand, we're getting similar if not more explosive performance from the backup runningback.

kevm3

Reaction score
If anyone DARED do this for Dak they'd be torn to shreds as a "hater".

But for zeke it makes ya cool.

Good job keep up the great work.

Dak was literally on pace to break an nfl record for passing and he's still getting bombed on by some cowboys fans and blamed for that 1-3 record. If Zeke rushed for 2,000 yards last year, the blame for last years record would go on the defense and rightfully so.

kskboys

Reaction score
Does henry have a better organization? Or do we call us dysfunctional only when it's convenient for the agenda?
Everyone does. However, it's more than that. Henry has a hard nosed attitude. His contract came up and he quietly took a nice deal. As opposed to a screw everyone I'm holding the team hostage deal.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Everyone does. However, it's more than that. Henry has a hard nosed attitude. His contract came up and he quietly took a nice deal. As opposed to a screw everyone I'm holding the team hostage deal.
That's fine. I agree and have already said so....shoulda let him sit.

But now....let's unite and support our team. Why hold on to this nasty bit of business?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak was literally on pace to break an nfl record for passing and he's still getting bombed on by some cowboys fans and blamed for that 1-3 record. If Zeke rushed for 2,000 yards last year, the blame for last years record would go on the defense and rightfully so.
YOU...need to refresh your memory on Dak's contribution to that start.

If someone just wants to blast just dak...fine...let the crazies have their party. But don't add to it by ignoring Dak's turnovers in bad times and places.

kskboys

Reaction score
That's fine. I agree and have already said so....shoulda let him sit.

But now....let's unite and support our team. Why hold on to this nasty bit of business?
I agree, and I do not. New year. EZ is on the cusp. At this point, he'll either break out and be what he can be or whither away into who cares. I'm still on his side. I absolutely love what he is capable of bringing to a team, but he's got to understand that he can't coast in the NFL. Will/does he? At this point, I do not know. Maybe someone good for him finally got into his head?

EZ so far has been much much better than his detractors claim, but at the same time has not come close to maximizing his great talent.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
The Titans’ OL had injuries too. Not much difference between the Titan OL and the Cowboy OL last year. .
LLOLLLLLLLLL shut up

Adjusted Line Yards: 4.97 (2), 4.48 (12)
Stuffed Rate: 15.2% (9), 18.5% (23)

I let you guess which column is which team.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
LLOLLLLLLLLL shut up

Adjusted Line Yards: 4.97 (2), 4.48 (12)
Stuffed Rate: 15.2% (9), 18.5% (23)

I let you guess which column is which team.

Compare the players talent on both lines?
And explain how these stats account for the 1000 yard plus difference.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Compare the players talent on both lines?
Idk what that's supposed to mean but for the sake of arguing.

Lewan was their only guy who got hurt and missed any significant time, and his play had dropped anyway. Behind him, they had second- and first-round picks. Their other 4 opening-day starters Ben Jones (0), Nate Davis (0), Roger Saffold (1), Dennis Kelly (0) missed a total of one game.

Just a complete fugazi.