Video: Ezekiel Elliott's Accuser Will Not Be At Tuesday's Appeal Hearing | Dallas Cowboys | NFL Live

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm glad. They only serve to hurt their own weak case for the inevitable court proceedings to come. Does anyone honestly think they brought Kessler in to listen to Harold Henderson rubber stamp Goodell's decision?

Screw The Hall

Reaction score
The NFL's appeal process is a kangaroo court - appealing to the entity who spent a year making the initial decision? Good luck, with or without her testimony.

No doubt. The exclusion of the notes is just a swing of the baseball bat reminder of how obtuse the league's brand of justice is here.

Dhragon

Deadly Claws of Death
Reaction score
This whole mess just can't be constitutional. They are saying the appeals process will not retry the case. Neither would the court case afterward. So the only one who has ultimate power in deciding innocence or guilt is Goodell. NOTHING or NO ONE else is relevant. But this condemnation does not just affect the player's football life - it massively affects his personal life as well. The CBA should in no way have that kind of power to trump individual rights no matter how stupid the players were to cede so much to the NFL.

The court IMO really has to limit the power of Goodell to affect lives outside the football arena.

Screw The Hall

Reaction score
The league might as well send a kangaroo instead of Henderson. This whole process has been a joke. Enjoy it Goddell. The next CBA is going to be payback

I think before it's over, his and the NFL's arrogance, will come back to bite them over this scenario. I'm not saying any verdict will benefit Zeke's cause in any way, but really, that is secondary at this point.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
This whole mess just can't be constitutional. They are saying the appeals process will not retry the case. Neither would the court case afterward. So the only one who has ultimate power in deciding innocence or guilt is Goodell. NOTHING or NO ONE else is relevant. But this condemnation does not just affect the player's football life - it massively affects his personal life as well. The CBA should in no way have that kind of power to trump individual rights no matter how stupid the players were to cede so much to the NFL.

The court IMO really has to limit the power of Goodell to affect lives outside the football arena.

I agree entirely with your sentiments here. Unfortunately, courts are very reluctant to overrule provisions of collective bargaining agreements as long as what is agreed to doesn't violate a specific statute. Since it's not a criminal matter, the accused is not subject to imprisonment, the Constitutional argument ends up being a stretch. It's seen simply as an employee discipline matter, even though in this case it's not your typical employee. Most of us don't have these things open to national scrutiny, and aren't in a position to make a living in part based on our image. Historically, that hasn't made much difference. Time will tell if Zeke's case moves the needle in a different direction.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Both sides are engaged in a high price chess match and, as many have stated, the repercussions go far beyond a six game suspension for Zeke.

The credibility of the NFL and their "get tough" position on domestic violence is being undermined by their own ineptitude. I can't help but believe that the NFLPA will make this case a poster child for the next CBA.

Despite all the rhetoric, it appears the NFL is losing the PR battle, which leads me the question, why on earth would they exclude their notes from today's hearing. They must know that this will all be revealed and, I have no doubt, make them look even sillier.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Why do they keep bringing up the false equivalence with the Brady case? The only similarity is both alleged CBA violations occurred as part of the same employer. They are totally different violations. Brady's case dealt with the violation of the internal rules of the game specific to the employer, whereas Zeke's case is currently dealing with the violation of personal conduct policy that encompasses issues of legality and are dependent upon them.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
The angle I'm interested in seeing Zeke's legal team taking is defamation (slander/libel) by the NFL against someone (Elliott) that hasn't been convicted of a crime. The league has literally associated Zeke with domestic abuse and that accusation is not to be taken lightly.

This may end up being a case study and what eventually breaks up the existing policy, forcing it to be renegotiated and rewritten.

Screw The Hall

Reaction score
Why do they keep bringing up the false equivalence with the Brady case? The only similarity is both alleged CBA violations occurred as part of the same employer. They are totally different violations. Brady's case dealt with the violation of the internal rules of the game specific to the employer, whereas Zeke's case is currently dealing with the violation of personal conduct policy that encompasses issues of legality and are dependent upon them.

It's hilarious. Also the lawyer zoners who act as if precedent is the only factor that exists here, even though the scenarios are entirely different. There is at least one very good lawyer out there who begs to differ.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Why? First off, an accused has a basic right in American Freedoms...to confront his accuser. The accuser now is the NFL. What? They have bruises showing where they got ***** slapped?