Video: Ezekiel Elliott's Accuser Will Not Be At Tuesday's Appeal Hearing | Dallas Cowboys | NFL Live

Reaction score
The angle I'm interested in seeing Zeke's legal team taking is defamation (slander/libel) by the NFL against someone (Elliott) that hasn't been convicted of a crime. The league has literally associated Zeke with domestic abuse and that accusation is not to be taken lightly.

This may end up being a case study and what eventually breaks up the existing policy, forcing it to be renegotiated and rewritten.
suspensions, even if reduced, is peanuts compared to the endorsements Zeke will inevitably lose as a result of him "accepting" a punishment, which could be perceived as him admitting wrong doing. Being branded a "woman beater" would follow him the rest of his career - I cannot see any course other then the original ruling being over turned or Zeke exhausting every option he has to clear his name. That is assuming he is completely innocent.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Why do they keep bringing up the false equivalence with the Brady case? The only similarity is both alleged CBA violations occurred as part of the same employer. They are totally different violations. Brady's case dealt with the violation of the internal rules of the game specific to the employer, whereas Zeke's case is currently dealing with the violation of personal conduct policy that encompasses issues of legality and are dependent upon them.

Because they both fall under the same rules of the CBA. Legally, they are very similar. Zeke might have more ammunition in regards to proper procedures, but that's it.

Screw The Hall

Reaction score
Because they both fall under the same rules of the CBA. Legally, they are very similar. Zeke might have more ammunition in regards to proper procedures, but that's it.

With all due respect, this case is going to be ground breaking. I do understand why you see the relevance beforehand however.

Scotman

Reaction score
I agree entirely with your sentiments here. Unfortunately, courts are very reluctant to overrule provisions of collective bargaining agreements as long as what is agreed to doesn't violate a specific statute. Since it's not a criminal matter, the accused is not subject to imprisonment, the Constitutional argument ends up being a stretch. It's seen simply as an employee discipline matter, even though in this case it's not your typical employee. Most of us don't have these things open to national scrutiny, and aren't in a position to make a living in part based on our image. Historically, that hasn't made much difference. Time will tell if Zeke's case moves the needle in a different direction.
You're probably right. But, what if their decision VASTLY limits his ability to earn money outside of his practice and play time? They called him a woman beater without a real trial. Sponsors aren't going to touch him. It's cost him untold millions of dollars.

I personally think, for whatever that's worth, they've crossed the line with their language towards him. Maybe not the suspension, but their language irreparably destroyed his reputation and he never even got to speak to the Overlord and Protector ...Judge and Jury...in person. Neither did his accuser.