F/A and MOCK

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
Resign Canty, Burnett

Cut or don't re-sign Spears, Henry, S. Roy Williams, Columbo, Kosier, Tank.

Sign in F/A
S. Brian Dawkins, Lawyor Milloy, or Mike Brown

R.T. Vernon Carey 6'-5 350 to plug in next to Leonard Davis to have the biggest right side of an O-line the NFL has ever seen.

Draft

#1 need is to fill Kosier's spot, so I'll use our top pick on a Guard, and a Mammoth guard in Herman Johnson, adding Johnson along with Carey to replace Kosier and Columbo makes our O-line just INSANELY HUGE, so much so that you can forget about wearing out a D-line in the 4th quarter, any D-line will be shot by the 3rd quarter. LOL
We'll have Carey, Johnson, Davis all 350+ pounds to go with Gurode and Flozell the hotel to form the biggest line in the history of the NFL to just MAUL PEOPLE.

ROUND 2: G. Herman Johnson

http://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/college/LSU_logo.gif Herman Johnson, LSU
Height: 6-7. Weight: 349.
Projected 40 Time: 5.45.
Projected Round (2009): 2.
11/2/08: Just like Duke Robinson is the No. 1 guard by a long shot, Herman Johnson is second by a large distance. He won't go in the first round, but he's a second-round lock right now.

5/25/08: Herman Johnson, a member of the All-SEC first team, has made 23 consecutive starts.

2007: There aren't too many football players on any level who are bigger than Herman Johnson. The monstrous guard took over for Will Arnold in the middle of the 2006 season and never looked back, starting the final eight games of the year.

Round 3: I go with a D.T. and convert him to D.E. to get us some pass rushing skills for a D.E. that we lack.

http://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/college/GeorgiaTech_logo.gif Vance Walker, Georgia Tech
Height: 6-2. Weight: 294.
Projected 40 Time: 4.89.
Projected Round (2009): 2-3.
5/9/08: Vance Walker made major strides in 2007, registering 8.5 sacks in 13 games. Oh, and he's just as good at stopping the run as he is getting to the quarterback.

Round 4: Trade back up to round 3 and make sure we get N.T. B.J. Raaji to allow Ratliff to move back to D.E.

http://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/college/BostonCollege_logo.gif B.J. Raji, Boston College
Height: 6-1. Weight: 325.
Projected 40 Time: 5.10.
Projected Round (2009): 3-4.
5/9/08: Hopefully B.J. Raji will actually be academically eligible in 2008 after getting suspended last year (apparently, Raji was shocked to learn that one plus one doesn't equal four). Interestingly enough, Raji dropped 15 pounds since getting dismissed. I guess math is great for the mind and body.

2007: B.J. Raji was declared academically ineligible. He will either red shirt or enter the draft after taking a season off.

Raji, a monstrous nose tackle, is one of the premier run-stuffers in this class.

Round 5: Get a good prospect who should of went higher if fully healthy, try and get a STEAL at this point.

http://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/college/SouthCarolina_logo.gif Jasper Brinkley, South Carolina
Height: 6-2. Weight: 257.
Projected 40 Time: 4.58.
Projected Round (2009): 5-6.
5/11/08: Jasper Brinkley was a late first, early second-round prospect before suffering a nasty injury during the 2007 season. He has to prove himself all over again this year.

2007: Jasper Brinkley is out for the year with a knee injury. He may apply for a medical redshirt and return to South Carolina in 2008.

A member of the All-SEC First Team, Brinkley is a monstrous linebacker who will be able to play numerous positions on an NFL team because of his impressive size and speed. Brinkley and Vince Hall, the top inside linebackers of the 2008 class, will be hoping James Laurinaitis and Rey Maualuga stay in school.

Round 6: Need to add another corner with the loss of Anthony Henry, I'll take this kid in round 6 because he's FAST and you can't teach speed, and with a 6th round pick, you might as well get SPEED to go along with a guy who can return kicks also.

http://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/college/Utah_logo.gif Brice McCain, Utah
Height: 5-9. Weight: 189.
Projected 40 Time: 4.36.
Projected Round (2009): 6-7.
5/17/08: Brice McCain's 40 will get him drafted. As for actual stats, McCain had 24 tackles and 11 pass breakups.

2007: Easily one of the fastest players in this draft class, Brice McCain doubles as a solid kick returner. Started 12 games as a sophomore.

Round 7: Since Raji takes over starting N.T. and with Ratliff moving to D.e. and Tank leaving in F/A, we grab another big N.T. to clog up the middle.

http://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/college/Miami_logo.gif Antonio Dixon, Miami
Height: 6-3. Weight: 328.
Projected 40 Time: 5.30.
Projected Round (2009): 6-7.
5/9/08: A monstrous nose tackle who was a third-round prospect on this chart until he suffered a knee injury last season.

2007: Antonio Dixon started two games as a sophomore, recording 14 tackles. One of the largest run-stuffers in this class.

Round 7: Take a flier on a guy who has potential but had a bunch of injuries, could turn out to be a steal, could play both Guard and tackle which is a plus.

http://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/college/Maryland_logo.gif Scott Burley, Maryland
Height: 6-5. Weight: 335.
Projected 40 Time: 5.27.
Projected Round (2009): 7-FA.
5/24/08: Despite being hampered by ankle injuries throughout the season, people thought enough of Scott Burley to vote him on the All-ACC second team. Burley should be able to play right tackle and guard at the next level.

Well that's it, the other draft picks in other rounds I used to move up in the draft.

Here's my draft

Round 2: O.G. Herman Johnson
Round 3: D.E. Vance Johnson
Round 4: N.T. B.J. Raji
Round 5: I.L.B. Jasper Brinkley
Round 6: C.B. Brice McCain
Round 7: N.T. Antonio Dixon
Round 7: O.L. Scott Burley

To go along with F/A's O.T. Vernon Carey and S. Brian Dawkins

We had all the skill posiiton players we need, I feel we really need to concentrate on revamping the trenches on both sides of the ball and I feel I've done that along with adding Dawkins to round out the secondary at safety that's been a sore spot for years.

Next years team

Q.B. Tony Romo
Q.B. TOP VET Q.B.

R.B. Marion Barber
R.B. Felix Jones
R.B. Tashard Choice

F.B. Deon Anderson

T.E. Jason Witten
T.E. Martellus Bennett
T.E. Tony Curtis

W.R. Terrell Owens
W.R. Roy Williams
W.R. Patrick Crayton
W.R. Miles Austin
W.R. Isaiah Stanback

L.T. Flozell Adams 6'-7 340
L.G. Herman Johnson 6'-5 350
C. Andre Gurode 6'-4 320
R.G. Leonard Davis 6'-6 360
R.T. Vernon Carey 6'-5 350

NOW THAT'S A LINE TO WEAR OUT A DEFENSE, PROTECT ROMO, AND REALLY HAVE THE MOST EXPLOSIVE RUNNING GAME IN THE LEAGUE!

O.T. Doug Free
G./T. Pat McQuistan
G./T. Scott Burley
C./G. Corey Proctor

L.D.E. Jay Ratliff/Vance Johnson
N.T. B.J. Raji/Anthony Dixon
R.D.E. Chris Canty/Jason Hatcher

L.O.L.B. Anthony Spencer/Greg Ellis
L.I.L.B. Bradie James/Jasper Brinkley
R.I.L.B. Zach Thomas/Kevin Burnett
R.O.L.B. Demarcus Ware/Bobby Carpenter

L.C.B. Terence Newman/Orlando Scandrick/Brice McCain
R.C.B. Pacman Jones/Mike Jenkins/Alan Ball
S.S. Brian Dawkins/Keith Davis
F.S. Ken Hamlin/Pat Watkins

revamped O-line and D-line to go with all our SKill position players and the addition of Dawkins at the safety position and a whole off season to work in W.R. Roy Williams should be more then enough to make us the superbowl favorites.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Why are we cutting Kosier? Makes no sense. He's been solid in the past and his absence has been very noticable. Draft someone who can replace him in a year or two, but why now?

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;2419400 said:
Why are we cutting Kosier? Makes no sense. He's been solid in the past and his absence has been very noticable.

Cause eventually we need to get younger.
Kosier's absense was noticeable BECAUSE our UP SUCKED, Kosier is AVERAGE at best, he's SERVICEABLE and a decent guard, but nothing spectacular and we can't re-sign everyone and eventually we need to get younger on the O-line, It's a lot easier to replace a guard IMO then a tackle, which is why I'd rather use our F/A money to replace Columbo with Vernon Carey and use our top pick on a guard, we get younger AND CHEAPER.

Draft someone who can replace him in a year or two, but why now?[/

For reasons above, but if we re-sign him he's gonna want at least a 4 year deal, so drafting someone in a year or two to replace him is impossible if we sign hm to at least a4 year deal.
I don't think he's worth the money, he's VERY SOLID and we missed him but we missed him MORE SO because our BACKUP GUARD flat out SUCKS, if we draft Herman Johnson and plug him into the L.G. spot, trust me, no one will be missing Kosier.
You gotta start thinking about salary cap also, he's gonna want more then he's worth IMO and you can replace guards pretty easy with a top draft pick, and it would save on cap space for a positon that's really not as important as other positions.
We are gonna need every penny cause we just signed Roy Williams W.R. to a huge deal and still have to sign a few of our own like Canty and lets not forget Ware is gonna be up for a MONSTER deal soon also, we can't just keep re-signing vets to decent contracts, we otta eventually replace a lot of these vets with draftees.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
I don't like it.....especially your predictions for next years team. Why do we only have 7 picks?

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2419528 said:
I don't like it.....especially your predictions for next years team. Why do we only have 7 picks?

What don't you like specifically?

what PREDICTIONS did I make that you don't like for next yerars team?

And I explained why we only have 7 picks if you read my post again you'll see.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
ThatsmyQB;2419543 said:
What don't you like specifically?

what PREDICTIONS did I make that you don't like for next yerars team?

And I explained why we only have 7 picks if you read my post again you'll see.

You have us cutting RW and Koiser but keeping players like Carpenter Ellis and Canty lets not forget you want to add Dawkins. You really don't address any of the problems with the back up O Line. You add a CB.....and apparently Holland isn't on your roster for next season....

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2419555 said:
You have us cutting RW and Koiser but keeping players like Carpenter Ellis and

Carpenter and Ellis are under contract for decent prices, roy is a HUGE and I mean HUGE liability when he's in on defense, and his contract price is WAY WAY higher then the production or LACK of production he's producing at, he's as good as gone next year, I sure hope you dint' buy his new #38 Jersey, cause RW has played his last game as a cowboy, mark my words.

Yeah, I like Canty, I feel he's a good lineman and is having a good year IMO, his sacks aren't there in the stats, but he has a TON of Q.B. hurries this year.

lets not forget you want to add Dawkins.

so you think Dawkins would be a downgrade over Roy Williams?
forget I asked, you are the only cowboys fan on the planet who thinks roy isn't a HUGE liablity for our defense.

You really don't address any of the problems with the back up O Line.

I DIDN'T?
We dont' have much backup O-line problems.
I added Vernon Carey to take over for Columbo, and I added Herman Johnso to take over for Kosier, we can't afford to sign Kosier IMO, we can't sign EVERY VET, and Kosier is expendable IMO as long as get a good replacement for him, and I did with our top draft pick.
I added ANOTHER O-lineman to backup at the guard position and we have Free backing up the tackle spot.

You add a CB.....

?????
I add a C.B. and you have a problem with that???? LOL

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Carpenter and Ellis are under contract for decent prices.

they're waste of roster spots.

Yeah, I like Canty, I feel he's a good lineman and is having a good year IMO, his sacks aren't there in the stats, but he has a TON of Q.B. hurries this year.

Csnty sucks.

so you think Dawkins would be a downgrade over Roy Williams?
forget I asked, you are the only cowboys fan on the planet who thinks roy isn't a HUGE liablity for our defense.

Yes Dawkins is a downgrade to RW.

I DIDN'T?
We dont' have much backup O-line problems.
I added Vernon Carey to take over for Columbo, and I added Herman Johnso to take over for Kosier, we can't afford to sign Kosier IMO, we can't sign EVERY VET, and Kosier is expendable IMO as long as get a good replacement for him, and I did with our top draft pick.
I added ANOTHER O-lineman to backup at the guard position and we have Free backing up the tackle spot.

no you didn't address the back up O Line. Proctor sucks so does Free and McQuistan

?????
I add a C.B. and you have a problem with that???? LOL

Yea I don't think we need a QB we might as well drafted a RB.

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2419572 said:
they're waste of roster spots.

Roy Williams is a WASTE of a roster spot!

Csnty sucks.

Canty does not at all suck, he's havinga very good year for us.

Yes Dawkins is a downgrade to RW.

You clearly have a hard on for Roy, cause 99.99% of all cowboys fans would like to see him on the 1st bus outta here cause he is a HUGE liability to this defense and all he dfoes nowq since he no longer hits is just get beat ALL GAME EVERY GAME in pass coverage.

no you didn't address the back up O Line. Proctor sucks so does Free and McQuistan

Well what wqould you have us do?
How would YOU solve this so-called problem?
McQuistan and Free do not SUCK, they played good and the coaches like them a lot, Proctor sucks, I give you him, but I have us drafting a Guard in round 1 and another O-lineman later in the draft to backup on the line, what else do you want us to do, draft 6 O-lineman in the draft?
Lets hear your plan on how you would solve our O-line problems, and remember we have a salary cap, I'd love to hear this.

Yea I don't think we need a QB we might as well drafted a R.B.

Q.B.???????????
you want to draft a R.B. now?
I have us cutting Anthony Henry, and if we do, we're gonna have an open roster spot for another corner, and I dont' see a problem addinga 6th round pick who's one of the fastest players in the draft who can return kicks the same as drafting a R.B. who has no shot to make the team.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score

if you say so

I bet.

You clearly have a hard on for Roy, cause 99.99% of all cowboys fans would like to see him on the 1st bus outta here cause he is a HUGE liability to this defense and all he dfoes nowq since he no longer hits is just get beat ALL GAME EVERY GAME in pass coverage.

Uh Huh.

McQuistan and Free do not SUCK, they played good and the coaches like them a lot, Proctor sucks, I give you him, but I have us drafting a Guard in round 1 and another O-lineman later in the draft to backup on the line, what else do you want us to do, draft 6 O-lineman in the draft?

That would be nice.

Lets hear your plan on how you would solve our O-line problems, and remember we have a salary cap, I'd love to hear this.

You build teams through draft not Free Agency.....

Q.B.???????????
I have us cutting Anthony Henry, and if we do, we're gonna have an open roster spot for another corner, and I dont' see a problem addinga 6th round pick who's one of the fastest players in the draft who can return kicks the same as drafting a R.B. who has no shot to make the team.

I meant to say CB not QB my fault on the confusion .

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
if you say so

Me and 99% of all cowboys fans can't be wrong!

Quote:

I bet.

what do you bet?
Watch the games, apparently if you think Roy Willams is a better safety then Hamlin, CLEARLY you havent' watched a cowboys game in 4 years.

Quote:
Uh Huh.

UH HUH, like I said, have you wATCHED A GAMe, SERIOUSLY in the last 4 years?
He's a COMPLETE JOKE in pass coverage and EVERYONE on planet earth knwos this EXCEPT YOU!

Quote:
That would be nice.

So you want us to use our entire draft on O-lineman, YEAH, and you think MY STRATEGY is bad? LOL

Quote:
You build teams through draft not Free Agency.....

YET you DISAGREE with my plan of DRAFTING a GUARD to replace our FREE AGENT Guard Kosier???? LOL
WOW, I'm done, you don't even know what your'e saying anymore.

Quote:
Q.B.???????????
I meant to say CB not QB my fault on the confusion .

and what don't you like exactly with drafting one of the fastest C.B.'s in the draft who can also return kicks in round 6???

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Me and 99% of all cowboys fans can't be wrong!

Yes you can...Just because it's popular doesn't mean its right.....

what do you bet?
Watch the games, apparently if you think Roy Willams is a better safety then Hamlin, CLEARLY you havent' watched a cowboys game in 4 years.

No it's just Hamlin doesn't get crucified for the same mistakes RW does. Hell RW gets blamed for crap that isn't even his fault but what ever.

He's a COMPLETE JOKE in pass coverage and EVERYONE on planet earth knwos this EXCEPT YOU!

When did I say he was great on pass coverage ? Never said that and the guys you listed aren't an upgrade get it through your head.

So you want us to use our entire draft on O-lineman, YEAH, and you think MY STRATEGY is bad? LOL

It was OBV a joke but i think 2 or 3 lineman would be good.

Quote:

YET you DISAGREE with my plan of DRAFTING a GUARD to replace our FREE AGENT Guard Kosier???? LOL

I'd rather resign koiser and draft and develop some back ups. You have us drafting a G getting rid of Holland and Koiser and put keeping Proctor sorry if I don't beleive your ideas.

and what don't you like exactly with drafting one of the fastest C.B.'s in the draft who can also return kicks in round 6???

Do we really need another KR and another CB? I think not.

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
Quote:
When did I say he was great on pass coverage ? Never said that and the guys you listed aren't an upgrade get it through your head.

Well that's Roys problem, PASS COVERAGE, he's HORRENDOUS, not just not good at pass def, but HORRENDOUS!
UM, YES YOU DID SAY THE GUYS I MENTIONED WEREN'T AN UPGRADE, you said NONE of the Safeties I mentioned were better then Roy williams, DID YOU NOT????

Quote:

It was OBV a joke but i think 2 or 3 lineman would be good.

R U ON DRUGS?
IN MY DRAFT I HAD US TAKING TWO O-LINEMAN and you didnt' like it, NOW YOU SAY 2 lineman would be good?????

Quote:
Quote:

I'd rather resign koiser and draft and develop some back ups. You have us drafting a G getting rid of Holland and Koiser and put keeping Proctor sorry if I don't beleive your ideas.

you need reading comprehension.
I never said we should get rid of Holland, you even said you on't build through F/A you build through the draft, we CANNOT AFFORD to keep re-signing all of our VET F/A's (even our own), eventually youneed to draft their younger replacements and I'm doing that with Kosier with our top pick, we get YOUNGER and CHEAPER on the O-line by dog this.
I have us keeping proctor cause you only have so many draft picks and he is a backup CENTER also which we will need.

Quote:

Do we really need another KR and another CB? I think not.

READING COMPREHENSION 101, I have us cutting Anthony Henry, and if we cut henry, common sense tells me we are gonna need another C.B. to replace him!
It's a 6th round pick, and he's one of the fastest players in the draft, so if we need to add another C.B. to this team, WHICH WE DO SINCE I HAVE US CUTTING HENRY, why not use a late round pick on a fast C.B. who can return kicks?

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
ThatsmyQB;2420011 said:
Well that's Roys problem, PASS COVERAGE, he's HORRENDOUS, not just not good at pass def, but HORRENDOUS!
UM, YES YOU DID SAY THE GUYS I MENTIONED WEREN'T AN UPGRADE, you said NONE of the Safeties I mentioned were better then Roy williams, DID YOU NOT????

That's because they aren't

R U ON DRUGS?
IN MY DRAFT I HAD US TAKING TWO O-LINEMAN and you didnt' like it, NOW YOU SAY 2 lineman would be good?????

you also have us dropping Koiser and Holland....thats why it wouldn't be good. If we keep Holland and Koiser adding 2 or 3 will be good not if we drop them or not resign them as you suggest and you have us not resining Colombo either.

I never said we should get rid of Holland, you even said you on't build through F/A you build through the draft, we CANNOT AFFORD to keep re-signing all of our VET F/A's (even our own), eventually youneed to draft their younger replacements and I'm doing that with Kosier with our top pick, we get YOUNGER and CHEAPER on the O-line by dog this.
I have us keeping proctor cause you only have so many draft picks and he is a backup CENTER also which we will need.

You didn't have Holland on your list of players for next year...you still don't so what are you saying.

READING COMPREHENSION 101, I have us cutting Anthony Henry, and if we cut henry, common sense tells me we are gonna need another C.B. to replace him!
It's a 6th round pick, and he's one of the fastest players in the draft, so if we need to add another C.B. to this team, WHICH WE DO SINCE I HAVE US CUTTING HENRY, why not use a late round pick on a fast C.B. who can return kicks?

We don't need a KR and we don't need a CB even if we lose Henry. We should still Have Pacman Jenkins Scandrick Newman and Ball.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
have u even been watching Dawkins this year? he looks like Roy Williams has the last 2 seasons. He is getting toasted like bread. He isn't tackling very well either. Dawkins is definitely not the dominant guy he used to be. In fact, he is barely serviceable.

Spears is excellent against the run. he doesnt get much as far as pass rush though. I want to keep Spears. If you are going to get rid of someone, get rid of Carpenter.

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
uote:

R U ON DRUGS?
you also have us dropping Koiser and Holland....thats why it wouldn't be good. If we keep Holland and Koiser adding 2 or 3 will be good not if we drop them or not resign them as you suggest and you have us not resining Colombo either.

**** READING COMPREHENSION 101, CAN YOU READ???????????????????/
Show me where I have us dropping Holland, SHOW ME, I MENTIONED THE PLAYERS I WOULD CUT THIS OFF SEASON AND HOLLAND IS NOT ON THAT LIST, HE'S NOT ON MY LIST OF MY BACKUPS DOWN BELOW, BUT THAT'S JUST CAUSE I ONLY MENTIONED THE PLAYERRS I FEEL ARE 100% TO MAKE THE FINAL ROSTER!
So you want us to keep Kosier AND Columbo and the and then go out and DRAFT 3 MORE O-LINEMAN????
SERIOUSLY?
Maybe I'm reading it wrong, is that what you are suggesting we do?

Quote:

You didn't have Holland on your list of players for next year...you still don't so what are you saying.
I also don't have a kicker or punter listed, and I didnt' put the full 53 man roster with every backup 4th stringers, although I was close, I just gave a nice overall view with a few players still to fill out the bottom of the roster, I DID however mention who I would CUT and since Holland was not on my CUT LIST, I still have him as an option to make the team, just cause I didnt' put him in the immediate list of players for next year doesn't mean I want him cut, and it's not like Holland is all that anyway.
uote:

We don't need a KR and we don't need a CB even if we lose Henry. We should still Have Pacman Jenkins Scandrick Newman and Ball.

Well sice we have all thse C.B.'s on our team right now along with We Henry, once Henry leaves we'll need another one.
As far as a returner goes, I really don't like who we have now other then Felix Jones returning kicks, and I CERTAINLY don't like the idea of Patrick Crayton (3 yards and a cloud of dust) as our punt returner either.
Just to bring him in to give Ball some competition wouldn't be a bad idea even if we decided not to keep the extra C.B.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
ThatsmyQB;2420288 said:
**** READING COMPREHENSION 101, CAN YOU READ???????????????????/
Show me where I have us dropping Holland, SHOW ME, I MENTIONED THE PLAYERS I WOULD CUT THIS OFF SEASON AND HOLLAND IS NOT ON THAT LIST, HE'S NOT ON MY LIST OF MY BACKUPS DOWN BELOW, BUT THAT'S JUST CAUSE I ONLY MENTIONED THE PLAYERRS I FEEL ARE 100% TO MAKE THE FINAL ROSTER!
So you want us to keep Kosier AND Columbo and the and then go out and DRAFT 3 MORE O-LINEMAN????
SERIOUSLY?
Maybe I'm reading it wrong, is that what you are suggesting we do?

Holland isn't on your because you don't think he's on our final roster? So either way Holland will not be in your plans for the future of the cowboys so how am I wrong again? Yes I would draft 3 OL this years and keep Koiser and Colombo. I'd cut Proctor Free Mquistan any besides Hollad actually everyone of the other back ups can go.

Quote:

I also don't have a kicker or punter listed, and I didnt' put the full 53 man roster with every backup 4th stringers, although I was close, I just gave a nice overall view with a few players still to fill out the bottom of the roster, I DID however mention who I would CUT and since Holland was not on my CUT LIST, I still have him as an option to make the team, just cause I didnt' put him in the immediate list of players for next year doesn't mean I want him cut, and it's not like Holland is all that anyway.

Just say what you mean you don't think Holland is going to be here next year. You don't want him cut yet you aren't 100% that he's going to make the team :confused: You think proctor is better.....:rolleyes:

Well sice we have all thse C.B.'s on our team right now along with We Henry, once Henry leaves we'll need another one.
As far as a returner goes, I really don't like who we have now other then Felix Jones returning kicks, and I CERTAINLY don't like the idea of Patrick Crayton (3 yards and a cloud of dust) as our punt returner either.
Just to bring him in to give Ball some competition wouldn't be a bad idea even if we decided not to keep the extra C.B.

I'd rather bring in an UDFA than draft CB. It's not something that's needed we need this picks to actually address the problems on our roster. I don't see the need to draft a guy in order to be a training camp body like Walden.

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
Holland isn't on your because you don't think he's on our final roster? So either way Holland will not be in your plans for the future of the cowboys so how am I wrong again?

O.K. let me explain it more.
In my post I mentioned players I would CUT, I did not mention Holland as a player I would cut, but I also didn't put him on my list at the bottom where I listed every start and most backups, that list isn't the full 53 man roster, meaning that list was my list of players who I see definately making the roster, I don't see Holland as a DEFINATE, there's a few players I lfet off, I didn't meniont a few other backups deep on the depthchart like guys like Carlos Polk, etc., that doesn't mean I have ruled them off next years roster, I just don't see them as 100% making the team where as I did with all the other players I mentioned.

Holland could certainly make our final roster, I'm not counting him out, but I'm not counting him in 100% just yet is all,I hope that clarifies it for ya, sorry about the miscommunication on you thinking I was thinking I was getting rid of Holland.

Yes I would draft 3 OL this years and keep Koiser and Colombo. I'd cut Proctor Free Mquistan any besides Hollad actually everyone of the other back ups can go.

There's one problem, SALARY CAP, there's just NO WAY we can afford to re-sign BOTH Kosier AND columbo, we're on a short lease with our cap spcae to begin with, and eventually you can't re-sign all your vets, at some point need to cut the old vet and plug in a rookie, which by cutting Kosier (not resigning him I mean) and instead use that cap space on signing Columnbo or IMO signing R.T. Vernon Carey, and then using our top pick for a Guard to replace Kosier, thus getting younger and saving a ton of cap space, we just signed W.r. Roy williams toa huge deal, and are gonna need a TON of cap space to give Ware a contract extension soon also, you can't just keep re-signing all your vets, eventually you need to draft their replacements and cut some of the older vets loose to maintain your salary cap.
Hey listen, I'd love to re-sign Kosier and Columbo, but that's a great way to get into cap hell, it's not like Kosier and Columbo are all tt, they're GOOD but certainly not pro-bowlers that can't be replaced by top draft picks for a LOT cheaper contracts.

On McQuistan and Free, our coaches are very high on McQuistan and especially Free, so excuse me if I go with the coachign staff over a fan on this one since we haven't seen them play in the regular season, the onlyway to judge the backups is to go by what the coaches say, and they like both McQuistan and Free.

Quote:
Quote:

Just say what you mean you don't think Holland is going to be here next year. You don't want him cut yet you aren't 100% that he's going to make the team :confused: You think proctor is better.....:rolleyes:

I don't think Proctor is better, BUT Proctor can play CNETER and Holland can't, or at least I don't think he can, if he can, fine, so NO I don't think he's better then Proctor, but we are gonna NEED a backup Center and Proctor can play center.
I am not saying Holland will be here or wont' be here, I'm just not willing to put him down as a DEFINATE to make our final 53 roster and I'm not saying he won't make it,I think it's right now 50/50 whether he is on our team next year is all.

Quote:
I'd rather bring in an UDFA than draft CB.

It's a 6th round pick, almost the same thing as an UDFA!
But I'm glad you came around that we are probably gonna need to add another one, and I would rather use a very late 6th round draft pick to ensure we get one of the fastest players in the draft with upside then to just take any udfa after the draft is over as a camp body.

It's not something that's needed we need this picks to actually address the problems on our roster. I don't see the need to draft a guy in order to be a training camp body like Walden.

He's one of the fastest men in the draft, Scandrick wasn't all that, but he was one of the fastest players at the combine and so we used a late 5th round pick on him because you can't terach speed and he turned out to be a steal, smae scenario with this C.B., speed speed speed and could be a steal.
It's a 6th round pick, it's not like any other 6th round pick we draft at another position would have any better chance of making our roster anyway, so I don't see the difference.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
ThatsmyQB;2420413 said:
In my post I mentioned players I would CUT, I did not mention Holland as a player I would cut, but I also didn't put him on my list at the bottom where I listed every start and most backups, that list isn't the full 53 man roster, meaning that list was my list of players who I see definately making the roster, I don't see Holland as a DEFINATE, there's a few players I lfet off, I didn't meniont a few other backups deep on the depthchart like guys like Carlos Polk, etc., that doesn't mean I have ruled them off next years roster, I just don't see them as 100% making the team where as I did with all the other players I mentioned.

But Proctor is a definite I see.

Holland could certainly make our final roster, I'm not counting him out, but I'm not counting him in 100% just yet is all,I hope that clarifies it for ya, sorry about the miscommunication on you thinking I was thinking I was getting rid of Holland.
But you count Proctor amazing.

There's one problem, SALARY CAP, there's just NO WAY we can afford to re-sign BOTH Kosier AND columbo, we're on a short lease with our cap spcae to begin with, and eventually you can't re-sign all your vets, at some point need to cut the old vet and plug in a rookie, which by cutting Kosier (not resigning him I mean) and instead use that cap space on signing Columnbo or IMO signing R.T. Vernon Carey, and then using our top pick for a Guard to replace Kosier, thus getting younger and saving a ton of cap space, we just signed W.r. Roy williams toa huge deal, and are gonna need a TON of cap space to give Ware a contract extension soon also, you can't just keep re-signing all your vets, eventually you need to draft their replacements and cut some of the older vets loose to maintain your salary cap.
How much do you think Koiser and Colombo will cost?

Hey listen, I'd love to re-sign Kosier and Columbo, but that's a great way to get into cap hell, it's not like Kosier and Columbo are all tt, they're GOOD but certainly not pro-bowlers that can't be replaced by top draft picks for a LOT cheaper contracts.
On McQuistan and Free, our coaches are very high on McQuistan and especially Free, so excuse me if I go with the coachign staff over a fan on this one since we haven't seen them play in the regular season, the onlyway to judge the backups is to go by what the coaches say, and they like both McQuistan and Free.
I think our coaches are just high.

I don't think Proctor is better, BUT Proctor can play CNETER and Holland can't, or at least I don't think he can, if he can, fine, so NO I don't think he's better then Proctor, but we are gonna NEED a backup Center and Proctor can play center.
I am not saying Holland will be here or wont' be here, I'm just not willing to put him down as a DEFINATE to make our final 53 roster and I'm not saying he won't make it,I think it's right now 50/50 whether he is on our team next year is all.
Last time Proctor played center Romo got hurt and it we end up playing really crappy. I don't think he should even be in the NFL he's trash he's terrible he's a bum and he's garbage. He should get the old yeller treatment.

But I'm glad you came around that we are probably gonna need to add another one, and I would rather use a very late 6th round draft pick to ensure we get one of the fastest players in the draft with upside then to just take any udfa after the draft is over as a camp body.
We could definitely pick up a LB'r DLine man or OLine man and have them on the roster.

He's one of the fastest men in the draft, Scandrick wasn't all that, but he was one of the fastest players at the combine and so we used a late 5th round pick on him because you can't terach speed and he turned out to be a steal, smae scenario with this C.B., speed speed speed and could be a steal.
It's a 6th round pick, it's not like any other 6th round pick we draft at another position would have any better chance of making our roster anyway, so I don't see the difference.
Yea but this isn't a position of need. It would be better to go somewhere else and add depth somewhere else instead of drafting another CB.

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatsmyQB

But Proctor is a definite I say.

HUH???

Quote:
But you count Proctor amazing.

HELLOOOOOOOOOOO MCFLY, what part of the reason I counted proctor as a definate is cause of his ability and the only current player we have who can BACKUP Gurode at CENTER don't you understand?

Quote:

MORE then we have available!
Remember we just signed W.R. Roy Williams to a huge deal, will probably re-sign Canty, anthen we have to save space to give Ware a new deal soon, we will not have money to re-sign both, MAYBE ONE if we're lucky!

Quote:
I think our coaches are just high.

So now at age 21 and having seen McQuistan and Free only play sparingly in a few meaninless pre-season games you now know more then our coaching staff, O.K.! LOL

Quote:
Last time Proctor played center Romo got hurt and it we end up playing really crappy. I don't think he should even be in the NFL he's trash he's terrible he's a bum and he's garbage. He should get the old yeller treatment.

WHAT???
HUH???????
R U ON DRUGS???
When was Proctor our Center when Romo got hurt??
WHEN???????

Quote:
We could definitely pick up a LB'r DLine man or OLine man and have them on the roster.

You say you'd rather use that on a D-line, If you look at my draft and F/A, our D-line for 2009 will be

L.D.E. Jay Ratliff/Vance Johnson
N.T. B.J. Raji/Marcus Dixon
R.D.E. Chris Canty/Jason Hatcher

OR L.B., our L.B. core will be

L.O.L.B. Anthony Spencer/Greg Ellis
L.I.L.B. Bradie James/Kevin Burnett
R.I.L.B. Zach Thomas/Jasper Brinkley
R.O.L.B. Demarcus Ware/Bobby Carpenter

NOW I ASK YOU, WHAT 6th ROUND L.B. WE DRAFT is gonna beat out anyone above to make our final roster???

STOP acting like a 6th round pick si gonna come in and beat out people at L.B. or D-line with the players we will have at those positions.

NOW I ASK YOU, what 6th round D-lineman is gonna beat out any one of these D-lineman to make our roster or waht L.B. we draft in round 6 is gonna beat out any of those L.B.'s???????????
DO TELL!

Quote:
Yea but this isn't a position of need. It would be better to go somewhere else and add depth somewhere else instead of drafting another CB.

WHOEVER we draft in round 6 is gonna have a tough time making our final roster no matter what position.
So I took a guy hwo at least has potential being one of the fastest players in the draft, and a guy who could also help out on special teams, cause players who get drafted in round 6 most of hte time are gonna need to contribute on special teams in order to make the roster anyway.
Besides, I think with F/A and all the other picks I made at D-line/O-line and L.B., there's just no room left really for another one at those positions whereif we did pick another D-lineman, O-lineman, or L.B.,, the odds of him making the team aren't very good anyway, where as we do have one opening left at C.B. with the vacancy of Henry and since I addressed all the other positions of need in F/A and the draft as far as both Lines and L.B., I figured we should take a chance on one of the fastest guys in the draft for our late 6th round pick.