FA Safety Morgan Burnett

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
I doubt it...cap nor talent on roster are prohibitive. Free Agency is very fluid

Tre Boston is still out there isn't he? Hes a clear upgrade over what we have and has been available the past two seasons.

If we wanted to upgrade we would have by now.

"We're set at safety."

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tre Boston is still out there isn't he? Hes a clear upgrade over what we have and has been available the past two seasons.

"We're set at safety."

Tre Boston is way over-rated by fans.

I've studied his game footage. I prefer Woods at FS over Boston and I don't want Boston at SS.

Qcard

Reaction score

"We're set at safety."
Eehh more like "We're set at safety whom fit our cap algorithms":facepalm:

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Tre Boston is way over-rated by fans.

I've studied his game footage. I prefer Woods at FS over Boston and I don't want Boston at SS.

Makes sense.

He seems to have alot of pass deflections and INTs every year. But I guess there's a reason he's looking for his 3rd team in 3 years..

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Makes sense.

He seems to have alot of pass deflections and INTs every year. But I guess there's a reason he's looking for his 3rd team in 3 years..

He goes for the INTs or PDs (Passes Defensed) at the expense of taking risks. Some other Safeties could up their numbers if they played that style.

I'm not saying he can't play but as you said there is a reason he is always available and has not gotten paid big money as a free agent in past years.

Qcard

Reaction score
Oooh. I would pass on him then. Must be around 30 or 31..at least.
Yes...I am learning not to call Pro Athletes old as they age out of league lol

I think he'll compliment Heath and Woods well. He's played both SS and FS. He's a savvy vet.

DRella

Reaction score
Could be a good depth move. I question whether the depth should come in the form of a younger player though. I would prefer to draft a young SS to develop and play special teams behind Woods, IIoka, Frazier and Heath. This draftee should be molded to replace IIoka after this coming season or at the very least replace one of Heath or Frazier in depth.