Fairly evaluating Dak

Verdict

Well-Known Member
Messages
27,625
Reaction score
22,122
I haven’t been super high on Dak, especially vs his cap hit. You would expect Dak to carry this team at his cap hit.

Having said that, this season, other than the first half of the Giants game and the final drive of the Ravens game he has played like the player you would expect at his cap hit.

I’m glad that he has seemed to clear the deer in the headlights thing. Hopefully this continues and maybe we can make a run this year.
 
He’s a streaky player. When he’s on he looks great when not, not so good. Both players showed up today. First half Dak and 2nd half Dak were two different players today.
 
If not for two cornerbacks fighting for an interception, he throws a pic that last drive. He’s playing better than usual.
 
Since hes been here usually just outside the top 5 like 6-7

This year? Top 4 probably idk…hes putting up points and covering for this nonsense we have at defense

No qb is going to be A+ every game and the issue is the media and fans want to crap on dak when he has a 20/34 195 1td and 1int game which is about a C range they want to say its a F
 
Since hes been here usually just outside the top 5 like 6-7

This year? Top 4 probably idk…hes putting up points and covering for this nonsense we have at defense

No qb is going to be A+ every game and the issue is the media and fans want to crap on dak when he has a 20/34 195 1td and 1int game which is about a C range they want to say its a F

They need to be covering for this defense, given the cap hits for Dak, Ceedee, and Pickens are literally $1 million less than the cap hits for all 26 defensive players on our roster (not just the starters, the entirety of the defense).

That said, he looked great in the 2nd half. Best half this season. Keep it up.
 
Dak has proven many times he can win regular season ball games, win regular season records, and put up record numbers. I have no doubts. I just want him to play his best in the Playoffs which except for that Tampa Bay game, I have yet to see. QBs, including journeymen, earn their stripes in the Playoffs. It's why Eli Manning will be in the Hall of Fame while Tony Romo goes through his 12 step program. Cowboys fans always hated him, but dude put up numbers in the Playoffs. Aikman was lights out his first year in the Tourney even though he will end up with half the numbers and records of Dak. Every QB is asked once in their career to do this, and you either answer or don't.
 
Look, I don't love or hate Dak, I will admit to being a victim of some Dak love and Dak hate, and if I'm being 100, I've blamed him many times when he did more than most, but coaching and defense failed. I'll shoot straight here, if the defense comes to play with the offense we have now I don't have any worries about prescott getting it done. He has won games and lost games for us, but in true Jethro fashion our team has been a Broadway comedy of errors for a long time mainly at his doing...
 
He played a great second half. I'm not going to say anything negative about him for this game. The inconsistency is usually a sign of a badly coached team. We've had that inconsistency since Romo.
 
Did you skip it? Led a 96 yard drive in the 4th quarter to take a lead and another 60 yard drive that should have won the game until Schotty coached scared.
I don't buy the whole schotty called the throw away pass. There too many things that don't make sense about it.
 
I don't buy the whole schotty called the throw away pass. There too many things that don't make sense about it.
I didn't either until I rewatched it. Dak threw it before Pickens even turned around. He didn't miss Pickens, he threw it away on purpose. That's why Dak was so angry going back to the sidelines. I'm not a lip reader but I can tell he hated the call.
 
I didn't either until I rewatched it. Dak threw it before Pickens even turned around. He didn't miss Pickens, he threw it away on purpose. That's why Dak was so angry going back to the sidelines. I'm not a lip reader but I can tell he hated the call.
I watched and saw the throw away too. But then any NFL quarterback can change the play and why would shoddy be micromanaging an 11 year vet and why not have the guts to scan the field first. The alternative is worse to me.
 

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
476,111
Messages
14,668,086
Members
24,227
Latest member
Nathaniel
Back
Top