Fake punt was a solid call

Carson

Reaction score
It was terrible.

I get it down two scores or trying to spark momentum. We were down four and had made a few stops on them. Punt it, hold them or force them to 3.

Instead shifted all of momentum and opened the floor gates.

I was very excited for the hiring of Fassel. But he can kick rocks with McCarthy next year

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Coach McCarthy when asked about the botched fake punt. Smh.

This guys really is clueless. If we were down by only say 3 and you had confidence in your D, MAYBE you can have some recourse. Because giving up a FG only leaves you down 6.

JayFord

Reaction score
It wouldnt have mattered if it was completed

You dont take that kinda risk when you have momentum on your side

Most of Washingtons 41 points came from drives that started in our own 30

they started multiple drives there.....punt the ball and keep momentum your defense had got an interception and 2 big stops

superonyx

Reaction score
If the play was designed to be a pass I could understand it to a degree, but a run for a 1st trying to gain that many yards is not very smart.
I'm not even comfortable with a play where your WR is supposed to throw to the punter on 4th and 10.

What's worse that call or the 4th and inches pass to CD Lamb 10 yards down the field?
Just run the QB sneak and move on....

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
If the play was designed to be a pass I could understand it to a degree, but a run for a 1st trying to gain that many yards is not very smart.
I think it may have been since #29 gets wide open on the side of the field that the play was going, but Cedrick never made an attempt to look to throw it seemed

stiletto

Reaction score
The only thing that MM is doing that is solid is what he's putting in the toilet, he does the same thing on our football field....

Cmac

Reaction score
giphy.gif

fivetwos

Reaction score
41-16.

Pretty sure Jerry's kids find a way to drop it anyway.

kumizi

Reaction score
I'm glad this place doesnt have a good search engine because i'd be bumping all those threads from when he was hired.

Big D

Reaction score
we need to do everything we can and get eric bieniemy in here and let him have carte blanche IMO.

JayFord

Reaction score
we need to do everything we can and get eric bieniemy in here and let him have carte blanche IMO.
Eric Bieniemy means McCarthy, Moore and possibly Philbin would have to be fired

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
I'm glad this place doesnt have a good search engine because i'd be bumping all those threads from when he was hired.

He really did a snow job on JJ....even told him he had been studying film on all the teams and ready to take control. I didn't want him anyway, only because he was a retread...i wanted someone fresh..

LOL me thinks we gots a pig in a poke here :

noun
something not adequately appraised or of undetermined value, as an offering or purchase.