Fake Slant-Draw

cowboyz

Reaction score
i think this is garrett's answer to defenses showing 8 men in the box, then everyone running back to defend the pass.

personally, i like the eagles choice. have the TE/RBs release late. but i guess the handoff is a more conservative method. and running witten deep problem takes a few lbs with him.

alicetooljam

Reaction score
Those 2 plays were overused against the Bengals. I was watching from a luxury suite for the first time ever in the last year at Texas Stadium (how sweet it was) and got annoyed how many times I saw these plays. I kept thinking, is it my view that Ive never noticed how vanilla we are repeating the same plays? I hope Garrett is holding some things back for later. Between those, the toss to Felix that scored a touchdown the first time we ran it, and the dumps to Witten I was getting a lil frustrated...its enough to watch the CBs stand back as the opposing team throws 5-7 yard completions over and over on our defense....and THAT was the first time I have complained this season....sorry.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I'm sure they'll add new wrinkles, new types of plays, and such each week to try and more effectively get people involved that are being taken away by the given defenses they're facing.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
31smackdown;2313586 said:
I'm sure the point is just to freeze that side for a second and then slip Felix through with his quickness. If you can get the slightest freeze or counter movement, then Felix has that much more of a head start to break it all the way to the other side or up the middle to the secondary.
That's great...but they always run it with Barber it seems.

I do think that the used that play a little too often with Cincy but if they come up with other wrinkles off of it for the next opponents it could become a very effective set of plays for us. When teams start to think it is only a fake then actually hit the slant with it...or do the fake slant, fake draw, and then nail that 30 yard slant (it takes time to develope as we all know) :D