Falcons are better than the Cowboys

amuze

Reaction score
I know there’s that adage that goes: You are what your record is.

I’m throwing that out the window after watching the Falcons tonight. They are way better than the Cowboys and much better than a 1-6 team. It’s really a shame that we beat them with that fluke watermelon kick for draft’s sake.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score

I’m throwing that out the window after watching the Falcons tonight. They are way better than the Cowboys and much better than a 1-6 team. It’s really a shame that we beat them with that fluke watermelon kick for draft’s sake.
That’s okay they’ll still finish with a better record than us.

JayFord

Reaction score
There is not much about the Falcons thats better than Dallas

the reason they lost to us is their defense is bad, and overall theyre not fundamentally sound

if they were Dallas wouldnt have won and if Dallas were fundamentally sound they would be 7-0

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

:facepalm:

The kick was planned and went their way, no fluke about it.

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
Yeah we shouldn't have beat Atlanta. The only reason we won is because the Falcons didn't know the rules of onside kicks. We lost and they said "nah you can have the win". Thats it. There's 0 pride to be had in that one. We lost it fair and square and then they gave it back gift wrapped.

Then our other win was just barely and in a shutout against the offensive juggernaut that is the Jones-led Giants.

This team is awful.

Blackspider214

Reaction score

The kick was terrible. It only looked good because the Falcons players made a pee wee football mistake. That does not make the kick good because of their inept actions. That kick was extremely easy to just fall on and end the game.

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
The kick was terrible. It only looked good because the Falcons players made a pee wee football mistake. That does not make the kick good because of their inept actions. That kick was extremely easy to just fall on and end the game.

It's amusing to see how hard fans are bending over backwards to convince themselves and others that the Falcons game was anything other than a guaranteed loss turned into a win by one of the single dumbest displays of all time.

What makes the idiocy of the Falcons there truly staggering is that they all collectively went with it. This wasn't a bone headed decision by one guy. The whole special teams unit went brain dead and gifted Dallas a win.

Dallas should not have won that game, everyone reasonable knows this. And not one of these Dallas fans defending that win would be saying anything good about the winner if the Falcons had that ending against any of the other 30 teams in the NFL. Everyone reasonable knows that too.

Even among 2 win teams, we are a sham. This is a 1 win team that got a second win with the biggest asterisk in recent regular season memory attached to it.

I don't like it anymore than the rest of yall. I didnt expect it either. I sure could have used a late 2020 pick me up like many of you. But the fact of the matter is, this is a garbage team right now for about a dozen different reasons.

The Atlanta win is the most undeserved win I can at this moment remember in Cowboys history.

sideon

Reaction score

It went their way because the Falcons are stupid, any other team most likely falls on the ball since the Cowboys couldn't have touched it for 5 more yards.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Good. I hope the Jets and a few other teams are better, too. It would suck to have a naturally tanking team like our 2020 Cowboys get out-tanked by a team with more potential..

I'm not necessarilry looking for a QB in the 2021 draft, just a top-3 pick. I'm only looking forward to some pre-draft buzz from now on. This season is pop-tarts.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Actually they're very similar teams. Strong WR group, good QB, good RB(But in decline), and one terrible defense. Is it ironic that Nolan hasn't heen there since 2014 and sans 1 year they still have a bad defense? When healthy Cowboys oline is better though so there's that.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is not much about the Falcons thats better than Dallas

the reason they lost to us is their defense is bad, and overall theyre not fundamentally sound

if they were Dallas wouldnt have won and if Dallas were fundamentally sound they would be 7-0
With no Dak, they are substantially better than us. Not even close.

CWR

Reaction score
this can't be real...can it?
feeling bad because we won.

The win was great at the time, but after losing Dak this season feels hopeless. Its a very conflicting feeling for me to know we are better off losing because we can't possibly accomplish anything of worth this season, but that's where we are. So yeah I understand where the OP is coming from. When your defense is historically bad and your franchise Qb is lost for the season it makes sense.