Fallout From the Bob Hayes Fiasco

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
The poster who caused the bruhaha over Hayes' gravesite has joined another forum using my username. I thought he deserved a voice here and since I am not a member there I deserved a chance to respond. I wish to thank the owners of that site for allowing me to post this here and respond.

Here is his first post entitled "I was BANNED at the OTHER site......"

Imposter said:
Hello everybody. I am a new member here and I'd like to say hello.

I would also like to explain why I am here. First of all, I am NOT the "Hostile" that you may already know and love. That explanation in a bit.......

I was a long time member at the OTHER Cowboys message board. I will not name names, but it rhymes with "Plowboys Throne dot wet". I considered myself an upstanding member of that forum with quite a few good friends.....then it all unraveled on Sunday night.

You see, there was a big discussion going on about Bullet Bob Hayes not being in the Hall Of Fame. Like all Cowboys fans, I believe Bob Hayes should be a member of the Hall Of Fame...but since the whole place is a gigantic sham anyways, I'm really not going to lose sleep if he doesn't get in.

Then the topic shifted to the subject of Bullet Bob's death. It seems somebody found out that Bullet Bob has no headstone on his grave. Well the next thing I knew, every bleeding heart sheep over there was getting in line to pony up a credit card number to buy Bullet Bob a proper memorial. (with a CowboysZone.net logo OF COURSE)

That was when I made my first mistake. I suggested that instead of everybody getting together to buy a headstone for Bob Hayes, maybe everybody could donate their money to LIVING people in need. That was when the moderator "Hostile" jumped on my back about how wealthy he is and how a "real Christian" can only be judged by God and all that crap. It was a bunch of real HIGH ROAD™ stuff. It was so immature and stand-offish that I decided to make Hostile my little cyber *****.

I did some research. While these people were all expounding on how bad a person I was and threatening to ban me and show up at my house and beat me up and stuff, I was doing my homework. Within half an hour I knew the name of the cemetary where Bullet Bob was buried, as well as the section and lot number he is buried in, as well as the address and phone number of the place. I even found out that Bob was going to be moved in the spring to a mausoleum and recognized properly. Of course......I didn't tell THEM all this.

Instead, I told them that I had contacted the cemetary and purchased the rights to Bullet Bob's burial site. I told them that as soon as the lot was signed over to me that it would be my own private property so that nobody could look upon or touch it ever again. A cruel prank? Yes. Funny to watch them all run around like Chicken Little in a napolm strike? OH YEAH BABY!!!

When confronted by the moderator Hostile about my new purchase, I proceeded to give him all the information on Bullet Bob's burial site that they were all to LAZY to research. I told him to go ahead and call the cemetary to check my story. I figured Hostile would call and find out what was really going on with Bob's remains and then blush profusly and realize he had been pubically clowned. I COULDN'T HAVE BEEN MORE WRONG.

Instead, on Monday morning the professional moderator Hostile deleted the thread where I gave him all the information about Bob Hayes' burial site. Then he started a NEW thread where he decreed that HE had found Bob's information and that HE had confirmed that Bullet Bob was getting moved in the spring and that HE could assure us that everything was going to be perfectly fine. Of course.....Hostile was the hero to one and all.

When I came onto the thread asking Hostile where he got all of Bullet Bob's information, I was promptly banned from the site, so as not to ruin Hostile's newly found hero status.

Now I am here. With a new appreciation for honesty and the LACK of it that runs rampant at that site. I am sporting Hostile's username as a way of cleansing his soul and making him whole again.

I am also using it because well.......I hope it bugs the rose-scented **** outta him.

That's my story. Shoulda knew it all along. Sorry for the long post and the whining.....but I'd just like people to know what types they are dealing with over there.

It's good to be here and I hope I can stay awhile.

Peace

The NEW AND IMPROVED Hostile™
Okay, my turn.

First of all he was not banned, he was suspended and it was not by me. After posting the anouncement about Hayes' gravesite I was busy at work until late that afternoon. By the time I came back online he had been suspended and immediately created new usernames to come back and stir up more stuff and got banned several times. This will probably result in a permanent ban because it is basically the actions of a troll. That is undecided at this point.

If he defines that as a good poster then I am confused about what a bad poster is. On top of this he tried today to log onto this site as me. He tried 5 different passwords just as shots in the dark I guess. IP number matches so he can't deny it. Now, he has joined that site as me to complain about me. Yeah, I know, it confuses me too.

Until he started telling those of us who were interested in helping how to spend our money I never had a problem with him. If he had confined his remarks to that one comment I doubt I would have had any problems with him. We had talked in chat before and I liked the guy. If I remember right he customizes cars for a living in California. I admire that.

The fact is he didn't stop at preaching how others should spend their money. He compared Bob Hayes to Ted Bundy, Charles Manson, Michael Jackson, and even Adolf Hitler, all while telling me and other people how to spend our money. Despite all of that he NEVER received a warning from me. I was mad. I will admit that. But I took no actions against him. I focused all my anger in my replies to him.

Others were angry too. Now he claims that he got threats via PM from those angry others. He certainly could have reported that to me. I know nothing about it because he never said anything about it anywhere until this post. I got plenty of PMs about him too. Given the character of the posters who PMed me I doubt they threatened him. I hope they didn't.

Just a quick comment on the CowboysZone.com logo comment. If I had requested anything on Hayes tombstone as a symbol it would be the Cowboys star. He was not a member of this forum, and I was not seeking to promote this site. That is just nonsense.

Actually I never said I was wealthy. In response to a comment by him I asked him why he assumed I was poor. There is a difference. My Christianity came up when I said that I am a man who is not without faults and I don't expect others to be perfect either. I said I was taught that I am not Bob Hayes' judge. How that is throwing my religion in his face is curious to me. This was over 2 hours into a heated debate that lasted 2 days. So where he comes off that I was in his face with it right away is beyond me.

Okay, now let's address why that thread is no longer visible to every member here. It has always been our policy that when unsubstantiated rumors are posted that we remove the threads. He posted all kinds of claims that he had purchased Bob Hayes' gravesite and was planning all manner of things to keep concerned people from honoring Hayes. On top of that he posted the exact location of his grave, and I felt that might be sensitive information. The man who runs the cemetary in Jacksonville agreed and asked me to remove it.

I will gladly restore that thread minus the sensitive information that Mr. Lines asked me to remove if there are people here that want me to. I'm not embarrassed about anything I said in that thread. He ought to be. He admits he pushed it too far and I agree, he did. Yes, I knew he was full of crap and joking. If anyone doubts this I can give you the names of 2 posters who PMed me that I said it to. If I had thought he was that depraved I would have banned him right away.

In other words, my side of the story doesn't exactly jive with his telling of this. If I do restore that thread you will see that when he gives me the info on Hayes' cemetary, etc. I did thank him for the info and I acted on it. So did another poster as you can plainly see in the thread on the Main Zone.

If they do ever contact me about a donation to help I will not be posting it on here or anywhere. A few people who PMed me that they would help will be notified, but I am not seeking anything for myself in doing this. It is about right and wrong, nothing else. Bob Hayes deserves a tombstone. It's really that simple.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Here's more from him on this.

Imposter said:
There is truth to it.....and I hope that anybody who happened to read that thread from the other night will speak up and say something. I would have saved the thread had I known Hostile was going to delete the whole thing to make himself look good. Anybody that read it would have seen where I gave the phone number, address, burial lot #, etc etc of the cemetary. I posted that Bullet Bob was getting moved to the mausoleum in the sping and that I had financed the whole thing so that I would have total control of his burial site. I even posted a freaking MAP TO GET THERE!!!

All of these "true Cowboy fans" were busy pledging their financial support and filling my PM box with death threats, while the "bad guy" (me) was actually finding out the exact spot on Planet Earth where Bullet Bob was laid to rest.

When I posted the real information I had Hostile SO convinced that I actually bought Bullet Bob's remains that he was chastising me for "trying to gain media attention".

I took the joke too far. I admit that. But Hostile isn't man enough to stand up and say that YES, I totally pranked him.....and maybe a little "thank you" for giving him the information he was too lazy to look up.

I really don't know why I'm surprised Hostile did such a thing. I always got a bad, snooty vibe off the guy.
Now he's had his voice here, and I've had my chance to respond.

I would again like to thank the owners of that site for allowing this to be posted here. Damned decent of them if you ask me.

To the imposter, since you missed it the first time. Thank you. I appreciate the information. Enjoy your hatred of me. Good luck. Enjoy 2005.

TLW47

Reaction score
Uh...the first thing that comes to my mind is that this person has serious issues and really needs to quit lying and tossing people's names out on other boards. It's very immature and well silly. I only have so many minutes in my day and I prefer to use them in a adult, mature way even though from time to time sometime will piss me off on here and I make a stupid remark and have to go back and edit.

Hostile is telling the absolute truth as I am one of the posters that PM'd him for confirmation of exactly what was going on and to get the story straight in my own mind because as a long time fan of the Cowboys and Bob Hayes it almost makes me sick to think that his final resting place was not marked appropriately.

I admit I did no calling and never intended to. I knew it would be taken care of and the information passed on to the posters here who WANTED to give.
Nobody was ASKED to give; rather some offered and the comments reflected that.

It become obvious that this person would not let it go and began to bash others for suggesting donating and then it denigrated into name calling and silliness regarding Bob's character and at the same time this person does a complete flip-flop and said he was going to take care of the whole thing and get it taken care of. After saying that he would like to spit on Bob's grave of all things!

So even though my posts are few here compared to so many HOSTILE has been very kind to me and nothing but honest and I wanted to say so.

Thanks for the vent. :)

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm posting to confirm Hostile's version. The guy took what was a simple follow-up to Bob Hayes not having a headstone completely to the left. The thread went from discussing possible contributions and hoping the cowboys step up to Hayes being a drug dealer who didn't deserve a headstone and that people should focus their charitable efforts towards the living.

My first thought was WTH!! It wasn't even necessary. Like Hostile said, had he just posted his comments and left it at that, I don't think many people would've been too too offended. But his comments became so extreme and personal in response to the other posters, I don't think anyone could've taken them as a joke as he seems to want his new board members to think. I read the whole thread, but didn't want to post a response, because it was obvious the guy was going to keep it going and his posts were getting more and more ridiculous.

I actually saw his post on Hostile's new follow-up thread where he wanted Hostile to thank him for giving the info, but the way he put it was so smug, that he was inviting an angry response. I saw where he was able to log back in and post again under one of the new usernames that again, served no purpose, other than to invite an angry response.

I may not have agreed with his position, but there's a way to do things, and the guy overstepped the boundaries, IMO. And for him to assume Hostile's name on the other board is WAAY over the line. Why he would do that is beyond me.

Truthfully, I hope he goes from suspended to banned. Too many good posters over here to let a troll ruin it...

and that's my two cents..

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A few comments.

For a guy to act like it was all a prank, he sure seemed to get mad about it, not only has he logged in under multiple names, tried to log in by guessing Hostile's Password at least 5 times, but he also goes to another site and uses the name Hostile.

Either the guy is mad, mental or just an attention seeking troll.

Also for someone that got death threats via PM, he did not seem to send any info about this to Hostile, nor I, nor were there any general posts sent to all of the mods....so call me skeptical that he received death threats via PM.....however IF he did then he should have reported them.
And if he did, and someone reading this is one that sent them....don't do that stuff on this board, it is not wanted nor needed.

I also have to say that I did not see Hostile throwing his religion around, nor if he did speak about it was it in a smug manner. Trust me I don't care for that kind of stuff so he would have heard something about it if I thought he was doing that, whether I would have talked to him via PM or in the thread.

I also did not see where Hos was bragging about being wealthy.

I also found it telling that some members felt they had gone overboard and apologized to the other members, while this guy made a joke out of it and never apologized for flat out being a bold faced liar.

Either way, the guy must have some serious attention problems to go through all of this trouble, and I am sure that the other board just loves the idea of some guy coming in and using Hostile's name....I bet he will be a big winner in their eyes, I mean they just must love the idea as it is so Original...not. :D

TLW47

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
A few comments.

Either the guy is mad, mental or just an attention seeking troll.

Also for someone that got death threats via PM, he did not seem to send any info about this to Hostile, nor I, nor were there any general posts sent to all of the mods....so call me skeptical that he received death threats via PM.....however IF he did then he should have reported them.
And if he did, and someone reading this is one that sent them....don't do that stuff on this board, it is not wanted nor needed.

I think he's an attention seeking troll personally but any of the 3 descriptions sound accurate!

No death threats from me; I don't believe that at all. I figure most people on here come here to talk about the Cowboys for a few minutes of their days and "have a life" and don't need to make threats.....hopefully you guys are done with this clown.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Either way, the guy must have some serious attention problems to go through all of this trouble, and I am sure that the other board just loves the idea of some guy coming in and using Hostile's name....I bet he will be a big winner in their eyes, I mean they just must love the idea as it is so Original...not. :D
In defense of the other board, they let one of our Mods here know that someone registered as me, asked if I wanted his name changed, and then allowed me to see what he posted and post it here. In my opinion they've been very forthright and courteous about all of this. We have had issues in the past but I truly do respect the way this was handled on their end.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile said:
In defense of the other board, they let one of our Mods here know that someone registered as me, asked if I wanted his name changed, and then allowed that me to see what he posted and post it here. In my opinion they've been very forthright and courteous about all of this. We have had issues in the past but I truly do respect the way this was handled on their end.

Oh when I said that it was nothing negative about their board, if it was taken that way then I apologize.

The point I was making is since someone has twice previously tried to log in over there as You....I am sure they think this guy is original and loving having him come over there and whine.

Nothing negative towards them at all.

Reaction score
Hostile said:
The poster who caused the bruhaha over Hayes' gravesite has joined another forum using my username. I thought he deserved a voice here and since I am not a member there I deserved a chance to respond. I wish to thank the owners of that site for allowing me to post this here and respond.

Here is his first post entitled "I was BANNED at the OTHER site......"

Okay, my turn.

First of all he was not banned, he was suspended and it was not by me. After posting the anouncement about Hayes' gravesite I was busy at work until late that afternoon. By the time I came back online he had been suspended and immediately created new usernames to come back and stir up more stuff and got banned several times. This will probably result in a permanent ban because it is basically the actions of a troll. That is undecided at this point.

If he defines that as a good poster then I am confused about what a bad poster is. On top of this he tried today to log onto this site as me. He tried 5 different passwords just as shots in the dark I guess. IP number matches so he can't deny it. Now, he has joined that site as me to complain about me. Yeah, I know, it confuses me too.

Until he started telling those of us who were interested in helping how to spend our money I never had a problem with him. If he had confined his remarks to that one comment I doubt I would have had any problems with him. We had talked in chat before and I liked the guy. If I remember right he customizes cars for a living in California. I admire that.

The fact is he didn't stop at preaching how others should spend their money. He compared Bob Hayes to Ted Bundy, Charles Manson, Michael Jackson, and even Adolf Hitler, all while telling me and other people how to spend our money. Despite all of that he NEVER received a warning from me. I was mad. I will admit that. But I took no actions against him. I focused all my anger in my replies to him.

Others were angry too. Now he claims that he got threats via PM from those angry others. He certainly could have reported that to me. I know nothing about it because he never said anything about it anywhere until this post. I got plenty of PMs about him too. Given the character of the posters who PMed me I doubt they threatened him. I hope they didn't.

Just a quick comment on the CowboysZone.com logo comment. If I had requested anything on Hayes tombstone as a symbol it would be the Cowboys star. He was not a member of this forum, and I was not seeking to promote this site. That is just nonsense.

Actually I never said I was wealthy. In response to a comment by him I asked him why he assumed I was poor. There is a difference. My Christianity came up when I said that I am a man who is not without faults and I don't expect others to be perfect either. I said I was taught that I am not Bob Hayes' judge. How that is throwing my religion in his face is curious to me. This was over 2 hours into a heated debate that lasted 2 days. So where he comes off that I was in his face with it right away is beyond me.

Okay, now let's address why that thread is no longer visible to every member here. It has always been our policy that when unsubstantiated rumors are posted that we remove the threads. He posted all kinds of claims that he had purchased Bob Hayes' gravesite and was planning all manner of things to keep concerned people from honoring Hayes. On top of that he posted the exact location of his grave, and I felt that might be sensitive information. The man who runs the cemetary in Jacksonville agreed and asked me to remove it.

I will gladly restore that thread minus the sensitive information that Mr. Lines asked me to remove if there are people here that want me to. I'm not embarrassed about anything I said in that thread. He ought to be. He admits he pushed it too far and I agree, he did. Yes, I knew he was full of crap and joking. If anyone doubts this I can give you the names of 2 posters who PMed me that I said it to. If I had thought he was that depraved I would have banned him right away.

In other words, my side of the story doesn't exactly jive with his telling of this. If I do restore that thread you will see that when he gives me the info on Hayes' cemetary, etc. I did thank him for the info and I acted on it. So did another poster as you can plainly see in the thread on the Main Zone.

If they do ever contact me about a donation to help I will not be posting it on here or anywhere. A few people who PMed me that they would help will be notified, but I am not seeking anything for myself in doing this. It is about right and wrong, nothing else. Bob Hayes deserves a tombstone. It's really that simple.

Sorry to play Devil's advocate here, but the "BS" factor by ALL the partes involved here, just don't add-up, neither fact, nor timeline-wise. And yes, I read ALL the "original" stuff, so no need to regurgitate any of it to me.

All in all, if the policy of "stupid post, just ignore it" had been employed from the get-go, ESPECIALLY in light of the whole THEME of the Jacksonville article being basicly HORSE-S to begin with, more than a few of us here could of saved a LOT of face, not to mention key-strokes.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
DallasCowpoke said:
Sorry to play Devil's advocate here, but the "BS" factor by ALL the partes involved here, just don't add-up, neither fact, nor timeline-wise. And yes, I read ALL the "original" stuff, so no need to regurgitate any of it to me.

All in all, if the policy of "stupid post, just ignore it" had been employed from the get-go, ESPECIALLY in light of the whole THEME of the Jacksonville article being basicly HORSE-S to begin with, more than a few of us here could of saved a LOT of face, not to mention key-strokes.

True... but the post total market closed at an all-time high...

It's just how you look at it... :D

Reaction score
trickblue said:
True... but the post total market closed at an all-time high...

It's just how you look at it... :D

DAMNNNN, and my freakin' broker made me sell my shares before Fri/c-o-m!!!!

:p

Theone

Benched
Reaction score
I'm going to Email this thread to Mike and Mike in the Morning.

Maybe the whole lot of you will win the "Just Shut Up" award.

TLW47

Reaction score
I don't even know who Mike and Mike are and I don't care but :whatever:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Theone said:
I'm going to Email this thread to Mike and Mike in the Morning.

Maybe the whole lot of you will win the "Just Shut Up" award.
I listen to that show on the way to work every morning. I could never beat out Randy Moss or Freddie Mitchell. They seem to win every contest. Even Jose Conseco doing a steroids tell all couldn't beat out Mitchell.

Theone

Benched
Reaction score
Call me crazy . . . but I have a hard time believing you can actually buy someones grave site . . .

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
Hope for his sake Booze and SBK aren't pro "Bob Hayes Toomstones" I can only imagine the death threats they'll send him, LOL

Good riddance to him and best of luck to the other place w/tolerating him...

Overalls

Benched
Reaction score
Just for a little bit of info. In TEXAS atleast it is not easy to move a person even by the family. My father died in 1985 and his crazy wife, at the time buried him at one grave yard and most of the family wanted him to be some where else. All my brothers and my sister wanted to have him moved to a graveyard closer to us and to where his first wife and my mother is to be buried. We were told we could not without the permision of his last lunitic wife. She Truely is/was crazy and has been commited.

As for the poser. Man some people even give us Trolls a bad name. :rolleyes:

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Overalls said:
Man some people even give us Trolls a bad name. :rolleyes:

The first step to recovery is realizing you have a problem...I wish you well in your journey to sound mental health... :D