Famous Last Words

JonCJG

Reaction score
PFT

POSTED 5:43 p.m. EDT, May 22, 2007

FAMOUS LAST WORDS?

A convicted killer was put to death in Arizona on Tuesday.

His final words?

"Go Raiders!"

Robert Comer uttered that rallying cry with a smile on his face. The smile faded until he passed out and expired.

We're not sure how we feel about all of this. We're generally against the notion of capital punishment, but would be inclined to reconsider our position (swiftly) if the underlying crime was committed against a member of our family.

If nothing else, this story further proof of how strongly many people feel about their favorite football teams. And it makes us even more convinced that the league's current efforts to export the NFL to other countries could give the other kind of football a real run for its money as the most popular sport in the world.

Viper

Reaction score
Might have gotten a reprieve if he said... Go Cowboys!

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, he doesn't have to worry about going to hell. Anybody who roots for the Raiders is already there.
laugh_norm.gif

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
[SIZE=+1]Allen, Ethan (1738-1789)[/SIZE]
"Waiting are they? Waiting are they? Well--let 'em wait."
Ethan Allen was a U.S. patriot and leader of the Green Mountain Boys during the American Revolution. Allen's last words were a deathbed response to an attending doctor who attempted to comfort him by saying, "General, I fear the angels are waiting for you."

:eek:

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
He should have said Go Cardinals....they would have thought he was nuts and gotten off death row. :D

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1506544 said:
He should have said Go Cardinals....they would have thought he was nuts and gotten off death row. :D

I don't think so...let the poor miserable guy go down! He has been tortured enough!

:D

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Must've gave him a blast of morphine to the temple before they walked him in.

He'll have a memorial in raider nation....................Book it.

BruceWayne

Tennione72
Reaction score
:laugh2:
Boyzmamacita;1506513 said:
Well, he doesn't have to worry about going to hell. Anybody who roots for the Raiders is already there.
:laugh2:
Nice

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1506544 said:

Saying he was innocent...and on the Bengals would have the same effect.:laugh2:

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Seven;1506618 said:
Must've gave him a blast of morphine to the temple before they walked him in.

He'll have a memorial in raider nation....................Book it.

The Faiders will probably put a decal on their helmet to honor him... after all, he IS just about the stereotypical Faiders fan, a true representative of that breed if ever there was one...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Is anyone really surprised a Raiders fan would be a convicted killer?

I kid, I kid.

Hoov

Reaction score
I have to admit i like that.

Im the kind of person that would be cracking jokes and making people laugh (or at least making myself laugh) on the way to a death march, into a fierce battle or straight into the pit of hell.

Actually, i dont beleive in hell or i should say the idea of hell that is presented to us through conventional religion today, but you get the idea.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Hoov;1506995 said:

Im the kind of person that would be cracking jokes and making people laugh (or at least making myself laugh) on the way to a death march, into a fierce battle or straight into the pit of hell.

Actually, i dont beleive in hell or i should say the idea of hell that is presented to us through conventional religion today, but you get the idea.

Same. I am always cracking jokes.

If I was guilty and about to be put to death I would say something to the effect of "God, please forgive me for I have sinned. Go Cowboys."

And if I was innocent and being put to death, I would say something like "I hope to God I can come back and haunt all of your ***** and make you commit suicide. Go Cowboys."

Either way, Go Cowboys would be my last words.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
AP

OAKLAND-Oakland Raiders owner and General Manager Al Davis has announced that the Raiders will wear the inmate number of Robert Comer on their helmet for the coming 2007 season. "067151" will emblazon the helmet, stretching from earhole to earhole.

Robert Comer was convicted in 1988 of the first-degree murder of Larry
Pritchard, a Bronco fan, who was shot and stabbed on 3 February 1987 at a campsite in Apache Lake, Arizona. In the case of two other campers, Jane Jones and Richard Smith, he was also convicted on charges of kidnapping, assault and sexual assault.

In his statement, Davis said "The Raiders are an organization that believes in second chances. Had Mr. Comer survived I'm sure he would have fit in well on our team. The least we can do is to honor him by displaying his inmate number on our helmet. I have arranged to have his body preserved and he will permanently be enshrined on our sideline and I expect to accompany him there shortly. This is a great day for the Raider Nation."

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
trickblue;1507010 said:
AP

OAKLAND-Oakland Raiders owner and General Manager Al Davis has announced that the Raiders will wear the inmate number of Robert Comer on their helmet for the coming 2007 season. "067151" will emblazon the helmet, stretching from earhole to earhole.

Robert Comer was convicted in 1988 of the first-degree murder of Larry
Pritchard, a Bronco fan, who was shot and stabbed on 3 February 1987 at a campsite in Apache Lake, Arizona. In the case of two other campers, Jane Jones and Richard Smith, he was also convicted on charges of kidnapping, assault and sexual assault.

In his statement, Davis said "The Raiders are an organization that believes in second chances. Had Mr. Comer survived I'm sure he would have fit in well on our team. The least we can do is to honor him by displaying his inmate number on our helmet. I have arranged to have his body preserved and he will permanently be enshrined on our sideline and I expect to accompany him there shortly. This is a great day for the Raider Nation."

If there's one thing I HATE, it's somebody who takes my jokes, embellishes them, and make then FAR funnier...

My vengeance will be swift, and terrible...

Hoov

Reaction score
Vintage;1507006 said:
Same. I am always cracking jokes.

If I was guilty and about to be put to death I would say something to the effect of "God, please forgive me for I have sinned. Go Cowboys."

And if I was innocent and being put to death, I would say something like "I hope to God I can come back and haunt all of your ***** and make you commit suicide. Go Cowboys."

Either way, Go Cowboys would be my last words.

Vintage, whenever ive been in a bad situation, or things are going wrong or im stuck doing some really crappy job with someone....i always end up laughing hysterically at the situation in general and making wise cracks.

The person im with will usually be all pissy and say something like, what the heck is so funny, then i'll say something like "for starters, the look on your face right now" then it will just blow up from there.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Hoov;1507070 said:
Vintage, whenever ive been in a bad situation, or things are going wrong or im stuck doing some really crappy job with someone....i always end up laughing hysterically at the situation in general and making wise cracks.

The person im with will usually be all pissy and say something like, what the heck is so funny, then i'll say something like "for starters, the look on your face right now" then it will just blow up from there.

Same. Even when I am pissed off or upset about something....I will usually end up laughing out frusturation.

Or when I am sad, I will laugh at myself for various reasons.

Makes me feel better....

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Hoov;1506995 said:

You would have loved the documentary I was trying to do on "Blackjack" Ketchum then. Back when I was doing some gunfighter documentaries I pitched his and was really looking forward to writing it. Alas it never happened, though I did get paid.

He was one of the lesser known outlaws of the infamous "Wild Bunch." Everybody knows about Butch Cassidy and Sundance, but some of the rest of the Wild Bunch were every bit as interesting.

Blackjack Ketchum may have been the strangest. When he got mad at himself he would literally beat himself. One time he lost a saloon girl to another cowboy and he took his saddle roap and beat himself unconscious. At times he would pull his gun and crack himself right over the head.

Clearly schizophrenic.

When he was arrested and sentenced to be hung he relished the idea. He asked daily to be taken to the gallows where he would compliment the men on the fine job they were doing. He asked to dictate a letter for the newspaper. The letter was an appeal to any kids out there looking to be outlaws to choose train robbery over bank robbery.

Finally the day came for him to meet his maker. He bound up the steps to the gallows and danced a jig on the trap door.

Hope you enjoyed the story.

Hoov

Reaction score
Vintage;1507072 said:
Same. Even when I am pissed off or upset about something....I will usually end up laughing out frusturation.

Or when I am sad, I will laugh at myself for various reasons.

Makes me feel better....

Yes, sometimes when your really frustrated and you just pause and look at the situation you are in you just have to laugh at the situation itself, as if it would be something out of a movie.

Yesterday, after work i went to go help a friend paint this rental house that his tennants had totally tore up, he wanted it done by thursday so i told him i could work from 5-10 after my regular job this week because his finances are tight and contractor wanted 1400 to paint. He tells me all the demo is done and the house is ready.

I show up, there is no paint because he has not picked it up yet, wallpaper peeling off the tops of the wall, ripped out drywall laying everywhere all over the floor with tools everywhere from the guys who did the demo, huges holes in the wall where it meets the floor and where someone overlapped layer and layer of tape over a 2 x 2 hole and tried to paint it, dust and dirt everywhere, grease stains and oil stains on the walls that need to be cleaned, and the workers that put up the new drywall ceiling used 2x4's for trim instead of crown molding, 2 x 4's !!!!!!!

And the drywall moves when you press on it cause there is not enough studs behind the wall board to properly support it or screw it into. :banghead:

I wanted to run away and never go in that house again, then he goes, "how long will this take, a few hours" I just stared at him for a minute and said "i dont even know where to start", he said "just make it look good man, i gotta show it by friday"

Me....:lmao:

Then he showed me a 15 foot high by 20 foot wide pile up debris in the back yard from the demo and asked how many trash bags he should get and if i though the trashmen would pick it up.........

uhhhh, no dude. you need something called a dumpster. That was when i really lost it.

Anyway, i calmed down and did the best quick patch job i could while he was getting the paint, and things started to come together but i seriously felt like i was standing in a junkyard painting a house that was about to fall down.

By the time he came back i just kept laughing at the situation, it was better than that Tom Hanks movie, the money pit.

I told him please never buy another house without me seeing it first, and lets hunt down the guy who talked you into this deal and beat his arse.