Famous Last Words

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
LOL @ hoov.

Reminds me of this past semester. I had a paper due and like an idiot, I didn't print it out the night before. I woke up to try and print it out right before I headed to class and I couldn't get my computer to start up. I tried repeatedly for 10 minutes. I was so frusturated and pissed that I was about to snap.

I went to class and right before I could tell the teacher what happened, I just started cracking up laughing. She could tell I was pretty angry, but yet laughing... and she asked me what I was laughing at. I said something like "you'll never believe this, but I can't get my computer to turn on. I tried repeatedly and it wouldn't work. I am laughing because I have nothing to turn in, I am frusturated, and am going to lose points because of this....and I don't know what else to do other than laugh."

The teacher look perplexed at first.

Then she smiled and told me it was "ok" and that I needed to get it to her as soon as I could.

I went back to my apartment, called my dad and was about to ask him to make the trip to Milwaukee to look at my computer.

Then my computer booted up.

I turned my paper in an hour later.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Hoov;1507123 said:
Yes, sometimes when your really frustrated and you just pause and look at the situation you are in you just have to laugh at the situation itself, as if it would be something out of a movie.

Yesterday, after work i went to go help a friend paint this rental house that his tennants had totally tore up, he wanted it done by thursday so i told him i could work from 5-10 after my regular job this week because his finances are tight and contractor wanted 1400 to paint. He tells me all the demo is done and the house is ready.

I show up, there is no paint because he has not picked it up yet, wallpaper peeling off the tops of the wall, ripped out drywall laying everywhere all over the floor with tools everywhere from the guys who did the demo, huges holes in the wall where it meets the floor and where someone overlapped layer and layer of tape over a 2 x 2 hole and tried to paint it, dust and dirt everywhere, grease stains and oil stains on the walls that need to be cleaned, and the workers that put up the new drywall ceiling used 2x4's for trim instead of crown molding, 2 x 4's !!!!!!!

And the drywall moves when you press on it cause there is not enough studs behind the wall board to properly support it or screw it into. :banghead:

I wanted to run away and never go in that house again, then he goes, "how long will this take, a few hours" I just stared at him for a minute and said "i dont even know where to start", he said "just make it look good man, i gotta show it by friday"

Me....:lmao:

Then he showed me a 15 foot high by 20 foot wide pile up debris in the back yard from the demo and asked how many trash bags he should get and if i though the trashmen would pick it up.........

uhhhh, no dude. you need something called a dumpster. That was when i really lost it.

Anyway, i calmed down and did the best quick patch job i could while he was getting the paint, and things started to come together but i seriously felt like i was standing in a junkyard painting a house that was about to fall down.

By the time he came back i just kept laughing at the situation, it was better than that Tom Hanks movie, the money pit.

I told him please never buy another house without me seeing it first, and lets hunt down the guy who talked you into this deal and beat his arse.
opg_1947_10284296

Fmart322

Reaction score
Hoov;1507123 said:
Yes, sometimes when your really frustrated and you just pause and look at the situation you are in you just have to laugh at the situation itself, as if it would be something out of a movie.

Yesterday, after work i went to go help a friend paint this rental house that his tennants had totally tore up, he wanted it done by thursday so i told him i could work from 5-10 after my regular job this week because his finances are tight and contractor wanted 1400 to paint. He tells me all the demo is done and the house is ready.

I show up, there is no paint because he has not picked it up yet, wallpaper peeling off the tops of the wall, ripped out drywall laying everywhere all over the floor with tools everywhere from the guys who did the demo, huges holes in the wall where it meets the floor and where someone overlapped layer and layer of tape over a 2 x 2 hole and tried to paint it, dust and dirt everywhere, grease stains and oil stains on the walls that need to be cleaned, and the workers that put up the new drywall ceiling used 2x4's for trim instead of crown molding, 2 x 4's !!!!!!!

And the drywall moves when you press on it cause there is not enough studs behind the wall board to properly support it or screw it into. :banghead:

I wanted to run away and never go in that house again, then he goes, "how long will this take, a few hours" I just stared at him for a minute and said "i dont even know where to start", he said "just make it look good man, i gotta show it by friday"

Me....:lmao:

Then he showed me a 15 foot high by 20 foot wide pile up debris in the back yard from the demo and asked how many trash bags he should get and if i though the trashmen would pick it up.........

uhhhh, no dude. you need something called a dumpster. That was when i really lost it.

Anyway, i calmed down and did the best quick patch job i could while he was getting the paint, and things started to come together but i seriously felt like i was standing in a junkyard painting a house that was about to fall down.

By the time he came back i just kept laughing at the situation, it was better than that Tom Hanks movie, the money pit.

I told him please never buy another house without me seeing it first, and lets hunt down the guy who talked you into this deal and beat his arse.

2x4's for crown molding and how many trash bags....too funny. Great laugh man.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Hoov;1506995 said:
Actually, i dont beleive in hell or i should say the idea of hell that is presented to us through conventional religion today, but you get the idea.

What have you been told ? You are probably right about conventional religion. I don't care much for religion either, ... it's really all about Jesus.

Actually, to me, ... being eternally seperated from my creator, and knowing that it was my choice, that would be Hell.

Hoov

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;1507383 said:
What have you been told ? You are probably right about conventional religion. I don't care much for religion either, ... it's really all about Jesus.

Actually, to me, ... being eternally seperated from my creator, and knowing that it was my choice, that would be Hell.

I dont want to start a big debate on this but i study qaballah, similar to what reggie white began studying late in his life.

Rather than being bodies with a spiritual component i beleive we are spirits first (the true identity of a person is their spirit, the inner person) so i would say persons are immortal spirits with temporary bodies. yes, i aspire to some ideas of reincarnation, past and future lives.

And it is the destiny that all of us evolve into more and more mature spirtutal beings. Incarnations in this world are opportunities to refine our spirit through trials and lessons but also opportunities to enjoy contact with one another and experince things through the physical senses.

I would say Jesus beleived that we are all divine beings in the making, we are all sons of god not just him, but i think his teachings and message got confused. The divine spark within grows through faith and through understanding that comes with life experiences, fan the flame within you.

There is only one spirit/life force, everything comes from God, or the one force. some people misuse their energy and do bad things to others, sometimes we all react in a negative way to what we perceive as an attack or insult and later realize we could have handled it better, its all part of the maturation process.

But often this evil is attributed to a devil making us do things, that is not so in my beleif. I dont beleive there is a devil getting the best of people and thwarting the efforts of the creator, therefore i dont beleive there is a hell ruled by such a being.