Fans (I don't understand)

cowfan

Reaction score
The Cowboys could win the Super Bowl and some fans would post that the defense won and not Dak and the Cowboys still need to find another QB. They would also post something like Zeke is better than Pollard and the Cowboys shouldn't have traded Cooper and Jerry should not have fired Jimmy Johnson. Some would also post that Jerry should fire himself.The Cowboys would win the Super Bowl if it was a contest about which team had the most whining fans.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Because it's more about being right on a message board than it is being a fan of the team.

Message boards are made for debate and arguing. Those two components must have a winner in the minds of some.

The comment, "You don't know anything about football," implies the author does.

Truth is this board, like every other is filled with people who watch the game on TV not being able to see all 22 players at the snap of the ball. They offer up the latest buzz word to make themselves appear they have a professional level understanding.

A very long row of deck chairs filled with fans arguing about something while the ship sinks.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Not everyone chooses to look at everything with rose colored glasses.

For a fanbase that’s been burned for 30 years, it’s laughable to think fans aren’t allowed to be jaded, ever.

There’s no front runner/fair weather fans left here anyone, everyone here has their scars through the years.

Praxit

Reaction score
..the good in all this. You have an ignore trinket. Use it when you want. All green lights ahead.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Because some of us are tired of just being relevant. We want to play for championships. Beating up on average and bad teams and losing in the first round of the playoffs gets old after 30 years.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

For a fanbase that’s been burned for 30 years, it’s laughable to think fans aren’t allowed to be jaded, ever.

There’s no front runner/fair weather fans left here anyone, everyone here has their scars through the years.
I love it because it shows the true character of a man when things are bleak. Some shrink complaining about everything and some know how much the NFL changes from year to year and continue to have hope.

Kwyn

Reaction score
And I don't understand why you care.
Said like someone who roots against the team.

A fan would understand the OPs comment and at a minimum recognize its legitimatacy.

Who do you root for?

It would surprise me if in a moment of honesty, you were able to say you root for the current team.

Kwyn

Reaction score

I think you overestimate some of our more vocal detractors.

It’s not scars, unless you’re talking about fans so “abused” that they’ve become antisocial to the point they’d be better off walking away from the team.

Saying “I hate the team and I have the scars to prove it!” is a crap take.

If that’s our culture here at the CZ, then whatever. We’ve lost touch with what being a fan is about.

WhizKid

Reaction score
Yes, OP, people will have varying opinions on things. Get a grip.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
The Cowboys could win the Super Bowl and some fans would post that the defense won and not Dak and the Cowboys still need to find another QB. They would also post something like Zeke is better than Pollard and the Cowboys shouldn't have traded Cooper and Jerry should not have fired Jimmy Johnson. Some would also post that Jerry should fire himself.The Cowboys would win the Super Bowl if it was a contest about which team had the most whining fans.
That will be the only way the Cowboys ever win another Superbowl.

CowboysDrew

Reaction score

A fan would understand the OPs comment and at a minimum recognize its legitimatacy.

Who do you root for?

It would surprise me if in a moment of honesty, you were able to say you root for the current team.
Ksk isn't that guy but he absolutely has lost a lot of his enthusiasm.

I won't answer for him but I can vouch for a lot of the old days knowing who he is and knowing he knows a thing or two about the team and football.

I think though to this day it's telling he uses a Rowdy here and just saying that as in I understand his cynicism and frustration and why he has it, more than some of us do.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Ksk isn't that guy but he absolutely has lost a lot of his enthusiasm.

I won't answer for him but I can vouch for a lot of the old days knowing who he is and knowing he knows a thing or two about the team and football.

I think though to this day it's telling he uses a Rowdy here and just saying that as in I understand his cynicism and frustration and why he has it, more than some of us do.
I’ve watched, live, every Super Bowl we’ve played.

How is it that I’m still a fan but other “old school” fans take every opportunity to crsp on the team?

Being a fan is a choice.

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
I’ve watched, live, every Super Bowl we’ve played.

How is it that I’m still a fan but other “old school” fans take every opportunity to crsp on the team?

Being a fan is a choice.
I don't dispute that. Again I'm not going to answer for Ksk I'm just saying I know him from the old site and know what happened over there. He's cynical. That's what I mean by the old days, not old school.

I'm still an unabashed homer. I love the team and grew up with it. As much as I hate my biological father he worked for the team and I literally knew people like Tex Schramm. I care about it more than I should possibly, but I've become more chill in my old age.

Kwyn

Reaction score
I don't dispute that. Again I'm not going to answer for Ksk I'm just saying I know him from the old site and know what happened over there. He's cynical. That's what I mean by the old days, not old school.

I'm still an unabashed homer. I love the team and grew up with it. As much as I hate my biological father he worked for the team and I literally knew people like Tex Schramm. I care about it more than I should possibly, but I've become more chill in my old age.
Honestly, I have to say the “old site” is a weird thing in and of itself. People use it as a reason to carry over whatever drama there was there to the CZ.

That whole “divorce” was a mess and honestly, we lost a lot of great posters in the “settlement”.

Where are they? Reddit? That community is generally more positive but not as active.

It’s really messed up that we seem to have carried over a lot of the worst aspects of the old board. There are personal reasons and relationships that made it turn out how it did.

Just saying.

I appreciate you giving some perspective. Much respect and I think you may have a more nuanced take on things than I do.

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
It’s really messed up that we seem to have carried over a lot of the worst aspects of the old board. There are personal reasons and relationships that made it turn out how it did.

Just saying.
In the words of Han Solo, "I know".

kskboys

Reaction score

Who do you root for?

What a sorry response. Go away. It's obvious you can't handle others' opinions, go find somewhere else to be miserable. Why are you here anyway, Eagle's fan?