Fans of our opponents call the Cowboy's defense terrible

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Godspeed, wishing you recovery and health. I think some of these teams may be surprised by the Cowboy defense. We've got new coaching that can utilize talent better.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I havent been well the last 2 days , not virus related, I have CLL Leukemia, normally I feel well. Anyways I had alot of time on my hands to view SB Nation sites like the Giants, Minny, Philly and a few others. When talking about the Cowboys I see the same thing written, "they better outscore their opponents because their defense Stinks". I actually think it's approved, new coaches , but we did lose our best cornerback and sack leader, so who knows. My question is what area on the defense would improve it the most and which player out there would help.??

Get well soon.

I am glad we have a new defense and new staff. That itself is a huge improvement. Yes we need to see it on the field. But it gives me hope. I have not liked our defense since Parcels changed it to the 3-4. Then changing it back, it was another start over type thing but the DC's brought in sucked. At first I was..ok, Kiffin, then Rod, let's see how they do. Then it was, this sucks, but they held on too long as they did with Garrett.

I am going to say we are at least no worse than last season. Players trade off about the same or a little better.
Diggs vs. Jones, rookie vs. vet here, but Diggs has more upside.
Robinson adds depth and will become the starter if Awuzie does not improve with the new defense. We have some depth with Lewis, Brown, Worley.

RDE losing Quinn, good or bad, who knows, lose his pass rush, but run support, not so much of a loss. Smith is now reinstated, and once Gregory is back, I feel fine here. It is just a matter of them getting back to playing. How will they be.

At S, Dix vs. Heath, so it will be how much does Dix have left, and can't be any worse than Heath. However, Heath was not as bad as many say.

My concern is at LB. We only have 8 on the roster, they typically keep 6 or 7 depending on ST's. Will Smith rebound, is LVE really 100%, Can Lee stay healthy again. Is Gifford real, or a one year TC wonder, Thomas is a good fill in and ST's, but can he go 16 games if needed. March is a ST's guy, but not a starter.

DT, upgraded IMO, Getting Poe and McCoy improves this area a lot, Hill, can he improve. Add Gallimore, pls the others, makes up for losing Collins, who became just a guy playing.

So I think we are still slightly better but a lot to be seen also.