Fantasy 2006: Mike Martz O/C...Dom Capers D/C...

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
I want nothing to do with Martz but I like the Capers idea.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends said:
I want nothing to do with Martz but I like the Capers idea.

Didn't Martz play under Dick Vermeil (SP?)...?

BP has a great respect for Vermeil. Vermeil choose Martz.

I think coaching was a real problem here this year.

alancdc

Reaction score
Martz had the best player in football(fAULK) and refused to give him the ball in the Super Bowl loss to the Patriots. He tried to prove that he could win by outcoaching Bill B, and he lost a game that he had no business losing. He is a jack #@**@*@**!*.

jsd27

Reaction score
I'm with ya King Tuna.

Martz, who likes to attack, would compliment Bill, who likes to run and control the clock. I like doing both and think, despite our tackles, we could have attacked down the field and been a LITTLE more aggressive in the passing game. I say a LITTLE because I know our tackles were awful. Between Parcells and Martz, we'd have a good middle ground.

Capers, is a great idea. 3-4 defense guru. Better defensive coordinator than a head coach

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
jsd27 said:
I'm with ya King Tuna.

Martz, who likes to attack, would compliment Bill, who likes to run and control the clock. I like doing both and think, despite our tackles, we could have attacked down the field and been a LITTLE more aggressive in the passing game. I say a LITTLE because I know our tackles were awful. Between Parcells and Martz, we'd have a good middle ground.

Capers, is a great idea. 3-4 defense guru. Better defensive coordinator than a head coach
To attack downfield the qb has to have more than 2 seconds to throw the ball. Until the oline is fixed we can't do that.

Murph80

Reaction score
Martz no way. Didn't we have a better Defense than Houston? Give Zimmer a chance first year under this new 3-4 defense. He did a good job. Ecspecially with all the rookies on that side of the ball.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Murph80 said:
Martz no way. Didn't we have a better Defense than Houston? Give Zimmer a chance first year under this new 3-4 defense. He did a good job. Ecspecially with all the rookies on that side of the ball.
Capers wasn't the DC so don't blame the defense on him. He'd be a huge upgrade to Zimmer.

jcblanco22

Reaction score
I don't think Martz and Parcells would be able to coexist personality wise. Too many egos in one place.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
jcblanco22 said:
I don't think Martz and Parcells would be able to coexist personality wise. Too many egos in one place.
Ego or scheme wise....oil and water

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
I would like to stay with Payton at OC. He coulda had Peyton Manning or Tom Brady back there at QB and I dont think it woulda helped much. When you have a OL that is as big a joke as ours is no QB can do much. I think that Bledsoe threw 23 TD passes behind that line is something to give Bledsoe and Payton some props for.

Our offense was doing good before we lost Flozelle and the line was just AVERAGE. I would like to see what Payton can do with our offense with a better OL and a real #1 WR like a Terell Owens. Now if any coach on offense should be fired it should be the OL coach. We do not have good talent on the OL but there is no excuse for them playing that crappy.

As for Dom Capers. Bring him in. Zimmer needs to go.

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
Murph80 said:
Give Zimmer a chance

I think this has been said longer then I have been alive.

first year under this new 3-4 defense. He did a good job. Ecspecially with all the rookies on that side of the ball.

The excuses keep coming

joseephuss

Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
Capers wasn't the DC so don't blame the defense on him. He'd be a huge upgrade to Zimmer.

Are you saying the head coach has no say in the schemes and the calls?

Capers is no huge upgrade to Zimmer. Maybe he is better. That is possible, but he is no genius.

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
joseephuss said:
Are you saying the head coach has no say in the schemes and the calls?

Capers is no huge upgrade to Zimmer. Maybe he is better. That is possible, but he is no genius.

Capers would be a huge upgrade over Zimmer. QBs would actually hate to play against us instead of looking forward to playing us.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Wolverine said:
Capers would be a huge upgrade over Zimmer. QBs would actually hate to play against us instead of looking forward to playing us.

I am sure QBs hate playing Houston. :rolleyes:

Dallas had a good defense this year. They can get better, but there is no way people can look at that defense and say they were a bad unit.

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
joseephuss said:
I am sure QBs hate playing Houston. :rolleyes:

Dallas had a good defense this year. They can get better, but there is no way people can look at that defense and say they were a bad unit.

Capers was the HC not the DC. Some coaches are great DCs or OCs but never are good HCs.

With Capers as our DC we will get to see something from our defense that we will never see from a Zimmer defense. ONe of the best pass rushes in the NFL. Alot more turnovers to.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
BP likes Peyton and Zimmer if hes here, they will be here as well. He needs to find a new Oline coach though, our Oline seem to get worse as the season progressed.

JPM

Reaction score
I'd like Pepper Johnson as our DC.
But, that's just me.