Fast and Quick

cnuball21

Reaction score
There have been quite a few posts about us needing help at WR outside of Lamb. At last look we’re outside the top 30 in average yards of separation / route which is not ideal.

Dak has had a few boneheaded INTs, but I think some have been from just being unlucky and / or too many contested throws.

Tolbert is the first WR the Cowboys drafted in the last 20 years that ran a sub 4.5 40. Read that again. We need a number 2 that can run, has quickness and lateral agility to separate. A few dudes I really like:

Addison
Downs
Flowers
Tank Dell (loooove this dude)
Wyatt

A little smaller than the normal Cowboys target but a solid group for what we need IMO. Addison might be WR1 this year and will likely go in the first but I could see 1/2 of these kids falling to the 2nd.

MAZEREZAM

Reaction score
There have been quite a few posts about us needing help at WR outside of Lamb. At last look we’re outside the top 30 in average yards of separation / route which is not ideal.

Dak has had a few boneheaded INTs, but I think some have been from just being unlucky and / or too many contested throws.

Tolbert is the first WR the Cowboys drafted in the last 20 years that ran a sub 4.5 40. Read that again. We need a number 2 that can run, has quickness and lateral agility to separate. A few dudes I really like:

Addison
Downs
Flowers
Wyatt

A little smaller than the normal Cowboys target but a solid group for what we need IMO. Addison might be WR1 this year and will likely go in the first but I could see 1/2 of these kids falling to the 2nd.

I would address this in FA with a vet. Someone like Marvin Jones would be great. I just feel like if you’re not needing a #1 guy (Lamb is our #1) then you don’t need to spend high draft capital on a WR. Lamb, Jones, Gallup, then add on a TE later on - someone like Payne Durham or Luke Schoonmaker in the 4th, and that gives you plenty of receiving options (also have the 2 other TEs). The offense still needs to be centered around our running game.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I would address this in FA with a vet. Someone like Marvin Jones would be great. I just feel like if you’re not needing a #1 guy (Lamb is our #1) then you don’t need to spend high draft capital on a WR. Lamb, Jones, Gallup, then add on a TE later on - someone like Payne Durham or Luke Schoonmaker in the 4th, and that gives you plenty of receiving options (also have the 2 other TEs). The offense still needs to be centered around our running game.

I agree to an extent but it’s a crap FA market. Jones is well outside his prime.

The cost of the position has just skyrocketed and you almost have to spend a 1st just to get a quality #2 at this point.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Addison
Downs
Flowers

Wyatt

Plenty of smaller scat WRs. These guys can go crazy in the Slot for Dallas. Some can return punts, and replace Turpin giving Dallas a slot WR the OC will play.

RS12

Reaction score
I can't get the vision of Downs dropping that gimme TD at the goal line against Georgia Tech out my head. I know it was only one play but it was a perfectly placed pass and nobody near him and cost them the game.

Last edited:

cowboyec

Reaction score
couple wr's i like...don't know if dallas does...
marvin mims,ou
charlie jones,purdue
cornelius johnson,michigan

cnuball21

Reaction score
couple wr's i like...don't know if dallas does...
marvin mims,ou
charlie jones,purdue
cornelius johnson,michigan

Jones is so interesting. I’ve read he’s a legit 4.3 dude and is coming off a monster year.

Someone to keep an eye on.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Addison
Downs
Flowers
Wyatt

Fehoko ran a 4.44 forty...

I only went had to go back 1 year to prove that statement as false...

cnuball21

Reaction score
Fehoko ran a 4.44 forty...

I only went had to go back 1 year to prove that statement as false...

He didn’t run at the combine. Talking about legit times that were recorded at the combine.

Not pro day fluff. So not false.

Cowboyny

Reaction score

Addison
Downs
Flowers
Wyatt

No doubt we need another starting wide receiver, speed to stretch the field is a huge plus. You would think after the Washington fail, the front office allocates more funds in fa with the position. Not a great WR class at least early on, but there might be some quality after day 1.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Need a big tall fast WR. Dallas seems to like all the WR's around 6 foot, 200 pound range.
We need a Julio Jones type WR.

cnuball21

Reaction score
No doubt we need another starting wide receiver, speed to stretch the field is a huge plus. You would think after the Washington fail, the front office allocates more funds in fa with the position. Not a great WR class at least early on, but there might be some quality after day 1.

Yea, I honestly wouldn’t mind a trade in the offseason.

I’d kick the tires on Elijah Moore, Juedy and Cooks again. Not sure there is a good FA available.

Hard pass on OBJ unless it’s cheap which it won’t be.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yup. Need a WR w/ burst and lateral agility, an accomplished route runner who just gets open. Jerry tends to focus on height and ignore everything else.