Fast and Quick

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He didn’t run at the combine. Talking about legit times that were recorded at the combine.

Not pro day fluff. So not false.
Good try but no.

The big gap in Pro Day and Combine forty times was before they changed the timing system a few years ago.

The combine had always been electronic start but hand timed finish. A few years ago they finally moved to electronic start and finish.

They also improved the start timer mechanism. It is more complicated that it seems to implement a start timer.

With the old system, they added a fixed amount of time to players that had what was called a false start. That added time was a big reason many combine times were slow relative to Pro Days.

Prior to the changes, the Combine hand times correlated with the Pro Day times better than the combine electronic times.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Yup. Need a WR w/ burst and lateral agility, an accomplished route runner who just gets open. Jerry tends to focus on height and ignore everything else.

Basically the opposite of Noah Brown…who is basically our #2 WR right now.

Which is painful to watch.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Good try but no.

The big gap in Pro Day and Combine forty times was before they changed the timing system a few years ago.

The combine had always been electronic start but hand timed finish. A few years ago they finally moved to electronic start and finish.

They also improved the start timer mechanism. It is more complicated that it seems to implement a start timer.

With the old system, they added a fixed amount of time to players that had what was called a false start. That added time was a big reason many combine times were slow relative to Pro Days.

Prior to the changes, the Combine hand times correlated with the Pro Day times better than the combine electronic times.

Guys are still running up to .1 seconds faster at their pro days. Kyren Williams went from 4.65 to 4.54 last year.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Meyers is the only FA I have any interest in
I agree to an extent but it’s a crap FA market. Jones is well outside his prime.

The cost of the position has just skyrocketed and you almost have to spend a 1st just to get a quality #2 at this point.

kskboys

Reaction score
Basically the opposite of Noah Brown…who is basically our #2 WR right now.

Which is painful to watch.
I love Noah as our 5th WR. And STer. Good to have a cheap backup around who knows the system and can step in, which he has done fairly well this year.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Brown definitely has his uses in the offense. Big bodied target, and very good run blocker. He is definitely a guy worth keeping around. However, he isnt someone you want as a consistent producer
I love Noah as our 5th WR. And STer. Good to have a cheap backup around who knows the system and can step in, which he has done fairly well this year.

cnuball21

Reaction score

Yea, the fact he’s who we’re counting on opposite of Lamb when he’s taken out of the play is laughable.

Complete failure by the FO.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I have a hard time evaluating Addison. Not sure what he is on the next level.
I think he will get dinged the same was fans we dinging Devonte Smith when he came out. Pure measurables will make casuals think he is a likely bust. But like Smith, he is an incredibly smooth, quick and precise player.

I think he could serve as a #1 if a team doesnt have anyone better. But ideally you would like a bell cow opposite him leaving him with one on ones

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
We need an outside deep threat WR. We don't need a slot guy, CD works well from the slot and between Turpin or bringing back a guy like TY thats all we would need. Give me a burner on the outside.

cnuball21

Reaction score
We need an outside deep threat WR. We don't need a slot guy, CD works well from the slot and between Turpin or bringing back a guy like TY thats all we would need. Give me a burner on the outside.

That’d be great, but just give me someone that can get open and be reliable as a #2.

It’s maddening how bad Noah and MG have looked at times this year.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
That’d be great, but just give me someone that can get open and be reliable as a #2.

It’s maddening how bad Noah and MG have looked at times this year.
Both look terrible. Neither is a #2

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Good try but no.

That says nothing to address the fact Pro Day times are primarily all hand times. Further, some schools (Univ. of Texas) will put out the “official” Pro Days through their sports media department.

Combine times have never correlated with Pro Day times.

rambo2

Reaction score
Plenty of smaller scat WRs. These guys can go crazy in the Slot for Dallas. Some can return punts, and replace Turpin giving Dallas a slot WR the OC will play.
They don't want to replace Turpin.

ghst187

Reaction score
Love Hyatt….he could fall to us too unless he lights up the combine/pro day