Fast Times at Ridgemont High or Dazed and Confused?

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This poll:

giphy.gif
:laugh: Well done.

Surfguy

Reaction score
Yea...we were bad in Texas High Schools. This may have been the 70s the film D&C took place in but it might as well have been the 80s, too. Hell, we were up to no good in Intermediate School for that matter. Forget High School! Coincidentally, one year I was a jock hanging out with my party friends instead of the jocks. So, it was always a bit awkward whenever the jock crowd showed up at the mall and I was with the cool kids. lol. I would go over and say "what's up?". Then, go back to the cool kids. So, I can relate to that movie. Whenever the jocks got together, they were always spazzing out so I couldn't be around them.

Also, I went to UT in Austin when that film was made. One of my sort of friends was an extra in the film because he had the look. To this day, I always watch the film looking for him in a scene but never spot him. Haven't seen him to this day.

Last edited:

Surfguy

Reaction score
Oh yea...I also lived that scene when they were hanging out on the football field off hours at night and the cops show up. We all got searched and stuff. The parallels to my experience to that film are up there. Also, went to outdoor keg parties...like one on an island you had to take a canoe to and it was raided. I've been to a lot of raided parties growing up. Sigh! If I'm at the party, then you can be sure TABC isn't far behind like clockwork. Ugg! I had four Minor in Possession of alcohol tickets growing up and like I was innocent on two of those not drinking but "in the vicinity".

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't think I ever even saw Dazed and Confused, but I'll never forget Fast Times.
Dazed and Confused is where Matthew McConaughey's quote, "That's what I love about these high school girls, man. I get older...they stay the same age." comes from.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think I ever even saw Dazed and Confused, but I'll never forget Fast Times.
Dazed and Confused is where Matthew McConaughey's quote, "That's what I love about these high school girls, man. I get older...they stay the same age." comes from.
Also his famous,,,,alright alright alright

Jake...you should watch it. It is a fun movie. At the very least, if you like some old American muscle cars you will get some eye candy,

DanteEXT

Reaction score
That quote brings back memories of all the mid-20-year-olds picking up their girlfriends from high school in their beat-up, rusted-out pickup trucks.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
‘Dazed and Confused’ is the superior SONG - ‘Fast Times…’ as a film - wins by a head. Both are funny time pieces (Fast… 80’s - Dazed… 90’s, each with a cast of up and comers).

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
‘Dazed and Confused’ is the superior SONG - ‘Fast Times…’ as a film - wins by a head. Both are funny time pieces (Fast… 80’s - Dazed… 90’s, each with a cast of up and comers).
I would say Dazed was set in the 70’s even though it was made well after. Fast Times is right on the edge of late 70’s/early 80’s.

Mannix

Reaction score
My girlfriend at the time and myself saw Dazed when it came out, and we both thought it was one of the worst movies we had EVER seen....then about 20 years later it just started growing on me for some reason....now I love it....can't explain it. But Fast Times cannot be topped!!!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
HauUlmD.png

I remember Linda Barrett. Her scenes working at the mall, talks with her best friend and, of course, the pool. Heck, I still knew Phoebe Cates' name from the movie.

When I think of Michelle Burroughs, I immediately remember Alice (Resident Evil), Violet (Ultraviolet) and Leeloo (The Fifth Element) before I picture her in my head. Truthfully, I googled Milla Jovovich's name from Dazed and Confused because I had forgotten it.

Fast Times At Ridgemont High gets my vote. It's funny. I remember WAY more about the movie I saw while I was in high school, than the one I watched when I was almost 30.