Fastest Cowboy Ever? And most impressive NFL 40?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bob Hayes. And it's not close.

I was watching/reading about Hayes' 1964 Olympic performance. Track experts (at least of the Youtube variety) say he hit 28 mph - as fast as Usain Bolt - during his famous leg of the 4x100 relay, when he made up a 10-yard deficit. On a dirt track. In old-school cleats. The ones I was reading were convinced he was not only 100m champion, but maybe the fastest sprinter ever.

I've seen a Bob Hayes run Superimposed over a Usain Bolt run to show both of them as if they were running together. Bolt was much faster and Bolt has not hit 28mph.

I found some old game footage and timed Hayes as he covered 10 yards after already being up to speed. I did the same with Deion. Hayes was not as fast as Deion using that method.

I'll eventually make a video showing the timing of Deion and Hayes. I want to use video that has the original audio because that will verify that
the video speed is not altered.

Final Note: Cowboys 2010 practice squad player Teddy Williams had a faster official 100 meter than the fastest 100 meter for Hayes.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Deion Is who I would put my money on! The race I wanted to see would of been Deion vs Darrell G.

T-RO

Reaction score
Cowboys could put together a heck of an all-time relay team. No team beats this.

Galloway #8
Herschel
Deion #3
Bullet Bob Hayes #2

*Ranking on (subjective) NFL's top 10 fastest

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
40 times are grossly overrated. Unless they have skills to go with it, all you have is a very fast guy that can't play.

T-RO

Reaction score
Nope. Already had this argument years ago!!!

Roy was a long strider. Ran a 10.3 hundred meters.

Believe what you wish. I don't know how many will agree with you. We are talking all-time fastest guys. Sure not saying he's slow, but Roy wouldn't be in my top-20 list of fastest Cowboys.

Awuzie runs him down so easy.

kskboys

Reaction score
Believe what you wish. I don't know how many will agree with you. We are talking all-time fastest guys. Sure not saying he's slow, but Roy wouldn't be in my top-20 list of fastest Cowboys.

Awuzie runs him down so easy.
Not on a long run. Most everyone hates Roy Williams so they don't want to admit he can fly, but all you have to do is look it up, it's readily available info. He wasn't a great football player by any means. He prolly does make the top 20 list.

T-RO

Reaction score
but all you have to do is look it up

I did look it up. He ran a 4.48 at the combine. If you want to counter with something concrete...I'm all ears. It's on you to prove your own argument.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Anyone mentioned T.O. yet. Not the fastest I know but the man had a set of wheels.

kskboys

Reaction score
I did look it up. He ran a 4.48 at the combine. If you want to counter with something concrete...I'm all ears. It's on you to prove your own argument.
Already done. 10.3 in the hundred meters, ran track at UT.

kskboys

Reaction score
Look up Roy Williams, track and field, UT.