Father convicted of drugging kids' tennis foes

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Associated Press

http://log.go.com/log?srvc=sz&guid=...ileespn.com?campaign=mobile&source=insider_ah

MONT-DE-MARSAN, France -- A father was convicted Thursday of drugging his children's tennis opponents, leading to one player's death, and was sentenced to eight years in prison.

Christophe Fauviau had confessed to the crime during the trial in Mont-de-Marsan in southwestern France.

The former military pilot was accused of spiking the water bottles of his children's opponents 27 times in tournaments across France from 2000 to 2003, using the anti-anxiety drug Temesta, which can cause drowsiness.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tennis/news/story?id=2361058

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
I'm sure he'll be corresponding with the Texas Cheerleader Mom from their respective prisons... ;)

joseephuss

Reaction score
Whatever happend to the father who sharpened the metal on the chin strap of his high school kids helmet? The metal became like razors. I think that happened in Texas. The opponents kept getting their hands cut up and having to leave the game.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
Quality justice right there.

Kill someone to better your child's chances at success and get 8 years in prison.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
StanleySpadowski said:

Kill someone to better your child's chances at success and get 8 years in prison.
France2.jpg

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
StanleySpadowski said:

That's probably considered a "harsh sentence" over there. :rolleyes:

joseephuss

Reaction score
Waffle said:
That's probably considered a "harsh sentence" over there. :rolleyes:

They left out the part where he won't be served cheese or wine for a whole year. in prison.