Favorite / Best album side

jsb357

Reaction score
Okay…

Back in the day before CD’s and MP3’s unless you had a lot of disposable cash
for a reel to reel, music at parties usually revolved around album sides.

So In the spirit of MWH1967’s thread one the best 70’s song and best 80’s rock single,
list your favorite album side/sides from ANY genre of music that tickled your fancy
back in the day and/or to this day.

The rules are…

1. Must have been originally released on vinyl in album format.
2. Best of albums are okay long as it meet’s rule 1.
3. List artist/band, album title and side.

For example.

Pink Floyd
The Wall
Side Three

DanteEXT

Reaction score
How about just the b-side of the 12" single for "Let's Go Crazy" with the nice extended version of "Erotic City". And yes, I still own this.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
KISS
Double Platinum
Side 3

Detroit Rock City .. and .. Rock and Roll All Nite

Beth on side 4 was great too, but side 3 got played over and over on my childhood plastic turn table :D

It was my first ever vinyl album and was given to me (used) years later by my uncle when he found out I liked them.

Definitely grew up liking AC/DC Back in Black as well :D

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I guess I forgot a lot about vinyls but isn’t there only two sides.....A and B?:huh:

cml750

Reaction score
Gun n' Roses "Lies" side two. A couple of the songs on that side that would get me banned if I posted a video or the lyrics.

I burned up all sides of Kiss Alive I & II back in the day.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Elvis/From Elvis In Memphis/side A...released in '69...arguably his greatest album...tho side B contained in the ghetto and any day now...side A is the strongest with 4 excellent in a row...wearin' that loved on look...only the strong survive...long black limosuine and i'll hold you in my heart(til i can hold you in my arms)...also the closing track on side A...im movin' on...is a fantastic gem.
recorded at American Studios in Memphis...it stands alone as true historic awesomeness...Elvis' first recordings in Memphis since his beginnings at sun records.
to this day...this timeless album is a masterpiece of craftsmanship.

Big_D

Reaction score
Really any side from Blizzard of Ozz/ Diary of Madman. Side 1 of DOM if I had to choose.