Favorite drummers

jsb357

Reaction score
plywood.jpg

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't know his name, but the guy who plays for John Mellencamp always caught my ear.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I have my faves…

Neil Peart
John Bonham
Alex Van Halen
Bill Ward
Keith Moon
Dave Grohl
Ginger Baker
Corey Powell
Eric Carr
Mike Portnoy
Peter Criss
Carmine Appice
Tommy Aldridge is top 5. Bernard Purdie, the top session Drummer. He was part of the wrecking crew if you will, back in the 50,60's and 70's, that could come in and play anything with perfection. He played on like 21 Beatles songs in the studio and its what you hear on the finished album cuts. Not to mention the hundreds of other musicians/bands he did drumming for in studio. He was known for being the fixer . Hes my fave. Tommy Aldridge. is known for honing that metal sound with his style. I do love Carmine and Vinny Appice, I must admit. Those guys are studs.

Rayman70

Reaction score

Rick Allen is the spirit of drumming. He is an innovative guy. Special in his own right. I wouldn't ever call him the best, but when you hear a Def Leppard song, you immediately can tell it apart from any other groove. Its the drumming. His desire alone and love for music and drumming shows up big. Thats what makes Def Leppard work. Hes the glue.

HotDog37

Reaction score
Just as a sidenote, Heart's drummer (great work on the song Barracuda) and Cheap Trick's original (the smoking) drummer were great back in the day. So was Michael Shrieve with Santana.