Favorite Sports Announcers

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
AmishGangsta;1658692 said:
I don't mind him -- also, he's a local guy, and he's from the Post, so I have to root for him :)

The only thing I like about Korny is when he calls his counterparts on their waffling(he did it alot with Theisman and some with Jaws... Barkley too).... its pretty funny....

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Summerall. Al Micheals. Madden, even though he's a goof. I liked Dick Vermiel when he did some announcing. Bob Trumpy. Dick Enberg.(?)

College, Herby is the absolute best. Keith Jackson. Musberger. Bob Griese.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I would have to say ... old school.

Curt Gowdy, Keith Jackson, Al Michaels and for comedic relief, the underrated Howard Cosell.

The high-profile announcers today are flashy but lack the common man touch.

Aikbach

Reaction score
I used to do color commentary for Baylor Baseball, although my producer slapped me in the back of the head for making Christopher Reeve jokes live on the air. I was rather a popular listen with the student body however.:D

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Keith Jackson is the greatest announcer the ever grace the airwaves, period. Just the sound of his voice throws instantly brings to mind some of the greatest moments in college football history.

Aikbach

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;1658827 said:
Keith Jackson is the greatest announcer the ever grace the airwaves, period. Just the sound of his voice throws instantly brings to mind some of the greatest moments in college football history.
I dunno I was pretty good.;):D

Dare I say I surpassed Kornheiser and Dennis Miller and Tony Suragosa (sp? Eh) and i was way better than Dan Fouts.

Dandy Don Meredith topped me however, he was the best.

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
Zaxor;1658713 said:
Well I can tell you who is awful...

Aikman and Buck are horrible, just God Awful... I finally had to just turn the sound off...I have never had to do it with other broadcast teams...probably because the others weren't the #1 team and I could tolerate a game or 3...but as Fox's #1 team I get them much too much. I can hear it in my head...

Buck... Westbrook runs outside and is tackled for a loss of 4... smoochie smoochie troyboy...

Aikman... Ha, Well Joe, they shouldn't be running outside...

Me... Ah, UUUUG, Blech

Buck... Mcnabb throws a pick...Troy there was 3 guys defending...you wouldn"t have thrown that pass

Aikman... Ha, Well Joe, he shouldn't have thrown the ball there

Me.... AHHHHH (running around the house pulling my hair out) get me out of here
I actually like those too, but you're right, Buck is in love with Aikman.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I'll tell you a guy who is rapidly rising on my respect meters. Michael Smith. During last year's draft I thought he was hands down the best information anyone had for us. Since the draft every time he has had a segment that I have seen it has been first rate.

I think he should get featured a lot more.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Mr. Curt Gowdy was my favorite.....today it is Troy in 2nd place.

In April 1951 at the age of 31, Gowdy became the lead announcer for the Boston Red Sox. For the next 15 years, he called the exploits of generally mediocre Red Sox teams on WHDH radio and on three Boston TV stations: WBZ-TV, WHDH-TV, and WNAC-TV. During that time, Gowdy partnered with two future baseball broadcasting legends: Bob Murphy and Ned Martin. His nagging bad back caused Gowdy to miss the entire 1957 season.

He left the Red Sox after the 1965 season for NBC Sports, where for the next ten years he called the national baseball telecasts of the Saturday afternoon Game of the Week and Monday Night Baseball during the regular season (and the All-Star Game in July), and the post-season playoffs and World Series in October.

dogberry

Reaction score
Kern Tips. But then my favorite players are Saxton, Bradley, and Street.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Zaxor;1658713 said:
Well I can tell you who is awful...

Aikman and Buck are horrible, just God Awful... I finally had to just turn the sound off...I have never had to do it with other broadcast teams...probably because the others weren't the #1 team and I could tolerate a game or 3...but as Fox's #1 team I get them much too much. I can hear it in my head...

Buck... Westbrook runs outside and is tackled for a loss of 4... smoochie smoochie troyboy...

Aikman... Ha, Well Joe, they shouldn't be running outside...

Me... Ah, UUUUG, Blech

Buck... Mcnabb throws a pick...Troy there was 3 guys defending...you wouldn"t have thrown that pass

Aikman... Ha, Well Joe, he shouldn't have thrown the ball there

Me.... AHHHHH (running around the house pulling my hair out) get me out of here

:lmao: :lmao:

I think Buck considers himself to be a lucky guy to have someone like Aikman.:D

Aikman brings true blue credibility. Buck considers himself to be an upper eschelon sports announcer and he now has an upper eschelon partner. Good chemistry there

dangerdoom4124;1658854 said:
I actually like those too, but you're right, Buck is in love with Aikman.

Buck: "Romo steps back... throws deep... he's got Owens open... TOUCHDOWN!""
Aikman: "You see Joe... those are the plays that you are supposed to make"
Buck: "Just like you did Troy"
Aikman: "Yeah, just like me"
:lmao:

NorthTexan95

Reaction score
I love Keith Jackson, Vin Scully, John Madden ... I could live without Aikman ... Brad Nessler is terrific ...

However, let me mention a great local pair ... Mark Holtz and Eric Nadel. Back in the day they were the greatest. It didn't matter if the Rangers were 20 games out they could make you want to listen to the game on the radio. I spent many, many, many night listening to those two. Did you ever wonder where the Rangers phrase "Hello Win Column" came from? It was Mark who first coined it.

Mark Holtz passed away from cancer in 1997.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
YoMick;1659021 said:
:lmao: :lmao:

I think Buck considers himself to be a lucky guy to have someone like Aikman.:D

Aikman brings true blue credibility. Buck considers himself to be an upper eschelon sports announcer and he now has an upper eschelon partner. Good chemistry there

Buck: "Romo steps back... throws deep... he's got Owens open... TOUCHDOWN!""
Aikman: "You see Joe... those are the plays that you are supposed to make"
Buck: "Just like you did Troy"
Aikman: "Yeah, just like me"
:lmao:

LOL:lmao2:

Buck and his man love is disgusting enough...Aikman and his Captain Obvious routine just kill me...