Favorite Sports Announcers

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
thekavorka;1658574 said:
That's Bill Raftery. Billy Packer sucks for other reasons, mainly his bias against mid-majors and his ACC homerism.

Bill Raftery also yells out "DAGGER" when it's like an 8 point game with 6 minutes still left in the game.

yeah that is raferty. I love raferty, very spunky very engergetic. His love for the game comes through the microphone.

I watched alot of nets games when I was in high school and raferty was great. Mookie blaylock and Drazin petrovic, its a shame that guy died so young.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
thekavorka;1658574 said:
That's Bill Raftery. Billy Packer sucks for other reasons, mainly his bias against mid-majors and his ACC homerism.

Bill Raftery also yells out "DAGGER" when it's like an 8 point game with 6 minutes still left in the game.
That's right... I get all those white haired NCAA guys mixed up.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Anyone else remember when Verne Lundquist and Roger Staubach were an announce team?

I actually posted again to mention someone else I enjoyed. College basketball announcer Al MaGuire. That guy was the epitome of entertainment.

AmishGangsta

Reaction score
I like the fox crew -- Joe Buck and Troy Aikmen -- and their whole presentation. I've always liked Madden, and I don't mind Kornheiser and Jaws.

The AFC games, most of which are on CBS, always suck. I think I could create a better presentation video taping a little league game on my cell phone. Most of their announcers are annoying -- don't know who they currently have, but I used get annoyed by guys like Greg Gumbel and Phill Simms.

Oh yeh, Joe Theismann and Emmitt Smith are pretty bad too!

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
AmishGangsta;1658650 said:
I like the fox crew -- Joe Buck and Troy Aikmen -- and their whole presentation. I've always liked Madden, and I don't mind Kornheiser and Jaws.

The AFC games, most of which are on CBS, always suck. I think I could create a better presentation video taping a little league game on my cell phone. Most of their announcers are annoying -- don't know who they currently have, but I used get annoyed by guys like Greg Gumbel and Phill Simms.

Oh yeh, Joe Theismann and Emmitt Smith are pretty bad too!

Kornheiser sounds like he has been practicing by watching Dennis Miller tapes.... off the wall nonsense

AtlCB

Reaction score
No crew could touch Pat Summerall and John Madden during their heyday. They had two of the best ever in the same booth. Jaws, Moose, and Aikman are probably the best in pro football. Al Michaels and Tony Cornholio bug the crap out of me. Theismann had to be one of the worst ever. I thought the three Mikes did a great job on that MNF game.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
John Madden is my favorite of the current TV football announcers. Summerall was my favorite before. They made a great team too. Before I got NFL Sunday Ticket and couldn't get all the games I would listen over the internet to Sham and Laughenberg. Those guys are great! Are they on the local TV broadcasts?

I loved the old MNF team of Gifford, Dandy Don and Cosell. I just waited for "Turn out the lights; the party's over"

Troy and Moose are my next two favorites. Wish they could team up.

Baseball lost me when they went on strike and cancelled the world series. I've never been back.

The Fox pregame is by far the best. Like someone said above I wish JB was still on it, but it's still the best show.

Like Hos said, Corso just cracks me up. He and Herbstreit(sp) are teriffic. Has anyone seen that commercial with Corso going to bed with his stuffed college mascots? Hilarious.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Ludwin;1658681 said:
No love for Ralph and Razor? Outrageous.

I was going to add them, it is funny you bring them up. I am a hockey fan and I think this area has a very good duo in the booth.

Actually Dallas in general has a great group of announcing crews for the local teams sans chuck cooperstein.

Eric Nadel is absolutely fantastic calling rangers games. He really is terrific, the first thing I really liked when I moved here non cowboys related was Eric Nadel.

AmishGangsta

Reaction score
YoMick;1658676 said:
Kornheiser sounds like he has been practicing by watching Dennis Miller tapes.... off the wall nonsense

I don't mind him -- also, he's a local guy, and he's from the Post, so I have to root for him :)

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Madden/Michaels - Any team with Madden attached to it is immediately my number 1. There's just something about Madden and the booth. When he's there, no matter what the circumstances of the game, it seems like a big one.

For in the studio crews, I'd go with some of the NFL Network personalities. I think their NFL Gameday crew is great. I really love the Eisen, Deion, and Mariucci. I also like Brian Baldinger for some of his analysis. If you haven't watched much NFL Network lately, I'd say he's right up there with Jaws in analysis. No kidding.

AtlCB

Reaction score
Ozzu;1658694 said:
Madden/Michaels - Any team with Madden attached to it is immediately my number 1. There's just something about Madden and the booth. When he's there, no matter what the circumstances of the game, it seems like a big one.

For in the studio crews, I'd go with some of the NFL Network personalities. I think their NFL Gameday crew is great. I really love the Eisen, Deion, and Mariucci. I also like Brian Baldinger for some of his analysis. If you haven't watched much NFL Network lately, I'd say he's right up there with Jaws in analysis. No kidding.

Even Madden/Theismann???? :lmao2:

thekavorka

Reaction score
Ozzu;1658694 said:

Yeah, Brian Baldinger is pretty underrated. IIRC, he did the color on Fox for the Cowboys-Cardinals game last year. I thought he was pretty good.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Summerall and Madden....there was just something about their voices that made you say "This is my favorite part of the year! Football season is now underway!".

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Well I can tell you who is awful...

Aikman and Buck are horrible, just God Awful... I finally had to just turn the sound off...I have never had to do it with other broadcast teams...probably because the others weren't the #1 team and I could tolerate a game or 3...but as Fox's #1 team I get them much too much. I can hear it in my head...

Buck... Westbrook runs outside and is tackled for a loss of 4... smoochie smoochie troyboy...

Aikman... Ha, Well Joe, they shouldn't be running outside...

Me... Ah, UUUUG, Blech

Buck... Mcnabb throws a pick...Troy there was 3 guys defending...you wouldn"t have thrown that pass

Aikman... Ha, Well Joe, he shouldn't have thrown the ball there

Me.... AHHHHH (running around the house pulling my hair out) get me out of here

AtlCB

Reaction score
Zaxor;1658713 said:
Well I can tell you who is awful...

Aikman and Buck are horrible, just God Awful... I finally had to just turn the sound off...I have never had to do it with other broadcast teams...probably because the others weren't the #1 team and I could tolerate a game or 3...but as Fox's #1 team I get them much too much. I can hear it in my head...

Buck... Westbrook runs outside and is tackled for a loss of 4... smoochie smoochie troyboy...

Aikman... Ha, Well Joe, they shouldn't be running outside...

Me... Ah, UUUUG, Blech

Buck... Mcnabb throws a pick...Troy there was 3 guys defending...you wouldn"t have thrown that pass

Aikman... Ha, Well Joe, he shouldn't have thrown the ball there

Me.... AHHHHH (running around the house pulling my hair out) get me out of here

Classic!!!!! :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

Do this again with Joe Buck, Theismann, and Cornholio (Kornheiser).