Favorite Thanksgiving games of different eras

MrKennedyKennedy

Reaction score
I was going to ask what's your favorite Dallas Thanksgiving day game was, but since there were a lot of them, I'll divide this into three questions:

1. What was the best Turkey day game of the Landry era?

2. What was the best Turkey day game of the Jimmy Johnson/Barry Switzer era? (Switzer won three Thanksgiving day games, BTW)

3. What was the best Turkey day game since then? (Gailey/Campo/Parcells/Phillips)

Reaction score
MrKennedyKennedy;2271052 said:
I was going to ask what's your favorite Dallas Thanksgiving day game was, but since there were a lot of them, I'll divide this into three questions:

2. What was the best Turkey day game of the Jimmy Johnson/Barry Switzer era? (Switzer won three Thanksgiving day games, BTW)

3. What was the best Turkey day game since then? (Gailey/Campo/Parcells/Phillips)

1. clint longley to pearson for the win.

2. wasn't the leon lett gaff in the snow a txgiving day game. certainly memorable, tho not necessarily a favorite.

3. since then? dunno.

LongSnapper

Reaction score

1. 1974 The Mad Bomber Clint Longley
2. 1994 Red Ball saves the day
3. 2002 Spanking the skins is always a good way to spend thanksgiving

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
I Remember a Thanksgiving Day game against the Houston Oilers that we lost,I believe in 1979.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score

Longley to Pearson for sure.

Beating the GMen 30-3 in 1992 was pretty nice but my favorite was 1994 when Jason Garrett started against Greenbay and threw for 311 yards and led Dallas to a 42-31 victory.

27-20 over the Commanders in 2002. Roy had a 4 yard INT return for a TD that Day and Galloway got a 41 yard score in the fourth quarter to tie it up. A close second to this would be 2006 in what I felt like was the official coming out party for Tony Romo where he threw for 5 TDs against the Bucs and we won 38-10.

Apefist

Reaction score
  1. I went to a TGiving game vs. Seattle in 1980. The Cowboys rolled big time, 51-7.
  2. Even though we lost, I liked the sleet game vs Miami, with Lett's bonehead play and the from out of nowhere Lincoln Coleman rushing attack when Emmitt was hurt.
  3. 2006 over Indianapolis.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Apefist;2271380 said:
  1. I went to a TGiving game vs. Seattle in 1980. The Cowboys rolled big time, 51-7.
  2. Even though we lost, I liked the sleet game vs Miami, with Lett's bonehead play and the from out of nowhere Lincoln Coleman rushing attack when Emmitt was hurt.
  3. 2006 over Indianapolis.
that wasn't turkey day. but we did beat them when they were 9-0

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score

1) I didn't get into football until about the time Jimmy took over

2) Garrett leads the Cowboys agianst GB 1994

3) Romo's 5TDs against Tampa Bay (and my first time at a Cowboys game) 2006

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Cowboy Bill Watts;2271229 said:
2. wasn't the leon lett gaff in the snow a txgiving day game. certainly memorable, tho not necessarily a favorite.

Yes... and I was at that one. One of the most miserable days I ever remember...