Reaction score
The Blacklist and Seal Team are another
After 1 episode Mayans MC is on my list
Survivor as well.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Need to categorize TV into Network, Cable and Premium, which includes HBO, CINE, SHOW and STARZ as well as Amazon, Netflix, Hulu and the others that are subscription based. I never even think about programming on the major networks. I pay not to watch lame commercials ad nauseum.

I don't watch any Network TV except sports, find them too formulaic and predictable and have tried staying with the Law & Order ones as well as the Chicago ones and I quickly lost interest. Cable gets more leeway with content and language and AMC and FX have done some interesting shows like Breaking Bad, Rescue Me, The Shield, SOA and even though I zombied out long ago, The Walking Dead and spinoff are very successful.

The most interesting development in the home entertainment industry is Disney's, the ultimate capitalistic company, entry into the fight and jerking their product from Netflix. This is going to be one hell of a battle between Amazon, Netflix and Disney and the ultimate winner is us. Disney will force the other two to get better, especially Netflix since that's their only game. Amazon has 130M Prime subscribers and just hit the trillion mark in revenue, they will be a force because the rumor is they almost doubled their production budget when they knew Disney was joining the game.

The loser is any cable or network losing viewers and time spent viewing to the subscription channels. This will be interesting to see it affects the next round of negotiations for TV rights, particularly ESPN and MNF because they can't stop the bleeding. And time shifting is predicted to only get easier and used more even with live sports.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Yellowstone man. That series is pretty dang good. I finally watched the final 5 episodes of Westworld the other day. That is really good. Vikings, GOT, The Son, American Gods.

John813

Reaction score
Not much anymore. Stopped the walking dead over a year ago.
Not cause of the deaths, but the writing and plot got stale.

The Last Ship I watch/ed but have forgotten to keep up with it/if it's still on.

Those Blue Planet/Planet Earth, real documentary shows I'll watch as well.
**** those dumb TLC/Discovery reality shows.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Need to categorize TV into Network, Cable and Premium, which includes HBO, CINE, SHOW and STARZ as well as Amazon, Netflix, Hulu and the others that are subscription based. I never even think about programming on the major networks. I pay not to watch lame commercials ad nauseum.

I don't watch any Network TV except sports, find them too formulaic and predictable and have tried staying with the Law & Order ones as well as the Chicago ones and I quickly lost interest. Cable gets more leeway with content and language and AMC and FX have done some interesting shows like Breaking Bad, Rescue Me, The Shield, SOA and even though I zombied out long ago, The Walking Dead and spinoff are very successful.

The most interesting development in the home entertainment industry is Disney's, the ultimate capitalistic company, entry into the fight and jerking their product from Netflix. This is going to be one hell of a battle between Amazon, Netflix and Disney and the ultimate winner is us. Disney will force the other two to get better, especially Netflix since that's their only game. Amazon has 130M Prime subscribers and just hit the trillion mark in revenue, they will be a force because the rumor is they almost doubled their production budget when they knew Disney was joining the game.

The loser is any cable or network losing viewers and time spent viewing to the subscription channels. This will be interesting to see it affects the next round of negotiations for TV rights, particularly ESPN and MNF because they can't stop the bleeding. And time shifting is predicted to only get easier and used more even with live sports.

I thought Apple was also going to set up streaming service as well...